Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2020, 09:17 AM   #24481
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Every movie I've watched since we've been in quarantine:

Cat People-First watch, really enjoyed this one. Other than A Clockwork Orange I haven't really seen any young Malcom McDowell movies. Also the David Bowie song kicks ass.

Us-Finally saw this after all the hype has died down. This movie was a lot of fun. Felt like Jordan Peele was attempting to write his own episode of The Twilight Zone, which makes sense given that he brought The Twilight Zone back.

Glass- I heard enough people saying that as a third film in the trilogy Night didn't stick the landing and sort of messed up the goodwill he got from Unbreakable and regained with Spilt. I thought it was fine. Not a total disappointment, not an amazing ending to a trilogy either.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters- I like kajui movies, even mediocre ones are fun in my book. Do you guys like the modern Godzilla movies? Meaning the last one and this one? Not the Matthew Broadrick one from the 90's.

Happy Death Day 2U- I enjoyed this movie as well. A movie that unlike most horror movie sequels didn't just repeat itself.

Dangerous Liaisons- The best of the bunch so far. I enjoyed this movie a great deal. A fantastic cast, great score. If you've not seen it, see it. Everyone is so good in this movie.

Arthur- Saw this for the first time last night. There are definitely moments where the comedy in today's climate could be quite questionable but isn't that the case with any comedy even 10 years old or older? I have heard that this movie is a comedy classic, and that the sequel to it is a major let down, so while that is available to watch I have no intention of watching it.

All these movies I watched through HBO, I realized that even though I have Netflix, I haven't seen anything on it since February, prior to the Covid isolation. How about you guys? I'll keep posting as I watch, I tend to come to this board and then forget about it for weeks so I'll try to keep coming back and updating, cause, why not?
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2020, 10:41 AM   #24482
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Godzilla: King of the Monsters- I like kajui movies, even mediocre ones are fun in my book. Do you guys like the modern Godzilla movies? Meaning the last one and this one? Not the Matthew Broadrick one from the 90's.
Have you seen Shin Godzilla ? It's Japanese made, it's a cool one, but I've only watched the start, might as well finish it tonight. It's more a political satire than a monster flick.
I don't think I've seen the one you saw yet.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2020, 07:06 PM   #24483
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Wee Wille Winkie, a Shirley Temple movie.
Old 04.09.2020, 02:37 AM   #24484
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Really enjoyed watching Shin Godzilla, don't expect Hollywood style big budget special effects but like I said watch it as political satire.

Yesterday I channel hopped onto the last half hour of Wanted starring Angelina Jolie. Found it really surprising how stupendous it was despite the pretty good ratings it has on imdb.
Two guys are in a gunfight (in a moving train), they shoot three times at each other and each time the bullets hit one another ????

Old 04.09.2020, 03:45 AM   #24485
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Really enjoyed watching Shin Godzilla, don't expect Hollywood style big budget special effects but like I said watch it as political satire.

Yesterday I channel hopped onto the last half hour of Wanted starring Angelina Jolie. Found it really surprising how stupendous it was despite the pretty good ratings it has on imdb.
Two guys are in a gunfight (in a moving train), they shoot three times at each other and each time the bullets hit one another ????

Was it a bullet train?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2020, 11:30 AM   #24486
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
dolemite

you no-business born-insecure junkyard motherfucker!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2020, 03:22 PM   #24487
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the matrix

it’s been so looooong!!

loved it all over again
Old 04.12.2020, 10:35 PM   #24488
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the matrix reloaded

sure sure we could talk about buddhism and reincarnation and neo in ip man drag but really monica bellucci is the movie’s supernova
Old 04.13.2020, 02:55 AM   #24489
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.13.2020, 05:21 AM   #24490
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Cage at his best as a corrupt, drug-addicted cop whose girlfriend is an also drug-addicted prostitute and his parents are alcoholics.

Old 04.13.2020, 07:11 AM   #24491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

Cage at his best as a corrupt, drug-addicted cop whose girlfriend is an also drug-addicted prostitute and his parents are alcoholics.
ahahahahaaaa i love this movie
Old 04.13.2020, 07:46 AM   #24492
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I was actually going to have this as my first choice for film night when I got back from New Orleans a month back. Instead I chose something that I can't even remember.

Should get it watched really.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2020, 05:01 PM   #24493
_tunic_
invito al cielo

^^^^^^
The lizards are the true stars of that movie

Tonight I watched a movie that stars both Bill Murray and Bruce Willis. It was quite disappointing. Don't understand why anyone would like to make it or star in it. It's based on true events but definitely not as shown in that movie. A comedy that takes place in warzone Afghanistan...? (And has a sincere lack of humor). Avoid.

Old 04.17.2020, 08:03 AM   #24494
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
rock the casbah was BRUTAL.
Old 04.17.2020, 09:56 PM   #24495
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

Watched a movie on Netflix called Wildling. About a girl who was severely sheltered by her father, until one day she is rescued and goes to live with a family, and her struggle to adjust.
Old 04.18.2020, 09:17 AM   #24496
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i love cate blanchett but elizabeth the golden age was quite shit
Old 04.18.2020, 04:35 PM   #24497
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Slint documentary on YT called Breadcrumb Trail.
Their parents should get a statue for allowing a bunch of 14 year olds playing trashpunk in their basement 24/7

Never knew (or totally forgot) that the drummer also played on the first Breeders albums. Makes sense long time I heard it, will be the Sunday morning starter

Old 04.18.2020, 08:26 PM   #24498
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

Watched The Dirty Dozen.
Old 04.19.2020, 01:56 AM   #24499
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Used to love this thread back in the day (I have some postings SEVERAL pages back and I am NOT digging them back up)...

The last 4 movies I watched, all via Netflix (most were exclusive/original)

WHAT HAPPENED TO MONDAY

Not particularly great but not horrible either. Dystopian settings are nothing new and for the most part this is no exception. Satisfying enough action-wise. Admittedly I mainly watched it for William Dafoe, but he's barely in it. Not recommended if seeing things happen to children upsets you.

7/10

UNDER THE SKIN

Would be the one most of interest to people on here of this whole batch. Slow, sparse dialogue, but some really amazing cinematography. Most impressive is somehow they got ScarJo herself to play the lead role?! Some have called her miscast and her performance wooden, but I think it worked for the role (she plays an alien). More art than movie. Enjoyed but probably won't rewatch (rare for me these days anyway).

8/10

6 UNDERGROUND

It's Michael Bay, so I knew what I was getting into. OK-ish acting, horrid dialogue and the main character comes off as a prick. Plus, it tries to come off as caring about the plight of people in the third world (mainly the Middle East) but ends up looking sanctimonious. Definitely a "turn off your brain and enjoy yourself" kind of movie.

6 ()/10

THE IRISHMAN

A masterpiece, but...3 1/2 HOURS??!! I can think of ways he could have shortened it, and I usually can't for long movies (case in point, Interstellar). Great cast, with appearances from guys known for crime films/television both older (Harvey Keitel) and younger (Bobby Cannavale). Heard the Five Satins' "In the Still of the Night" in my brain for days after. Robbed at the Oscars.

9/10
Old 04.19.2020, 02:43 AM   #24500
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
THE IRISHMAN

A masterpiece, but...3 1/2 HOURS??!! I can think of ways he could have shortened it, and I usually can't for long movies (case in point, Interstellar). Great cast, with appearances from guys known for crime films/television both older (Harvey Keitel) and younger (Bobby Cannavale). Heard the Five Satins' "In the Still of the Night" in my brain for days after. Robbed at the Oscars.

I still have not seen it. Thanks for the reminder!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
725112511751215122212231224 1225 12261227122812351275 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth