Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page what my boss said about my comic strips
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.16.2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
as you may or may not know, I have been drawing comic strips for the Daily Cougar, the campus newspaper here at the University of Houston where I now work.

The other day my boss was showing a new employee around, and commenting on the various staff here at the administration office. when he got to me, he mentioned how I am an artist and how I am a full fledged cartoonist.

He then said that he has had several moments where he is dumbfounded by what I have drawn, wondering what i all means, and said this, "sometimes I will be looking at one of his strips and I will think to myself, 'Is this guy on drugs? who have I hired?'"

Maybe I need to tone down the insanity on the strips.

I told him I was doing it "for the kids" here on campus!
Old 11.16.2012, 12:32 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Any self-respecting artist would look this guy in the eye and tell him that not only is he correct, that you ARE on drugs (many drugs, too many to list), but that you are doing it for, and to, his wife (an obvious cougar). Then draw a picture of him molesting young boys in the campus shower as proof of your alpha-superiority.

Only then, may you call yourself A REAL MAN.

ps: yr fucked. Start buying urine wholesale.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I get my urine on the black market.
Old 11.16.2012, 12:57 PM   #4
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Rob, I'll be honest. The strips you showed in Post Yr Art II recently... I had no idea what they meant. This is not a comment on the art though.

I miss yr Paintbrush jobs to pictures of people though. I haven't seen those in a while. I always thought those were great.
Old 11.16.2012, 01:05 PM   #5
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
you should have told him you don't do drugs. you ARE drugs.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
as you may or may not know, I have been drawing comic strips for the Daily Cougar, the campus newspaper here at the University of Houston where I now work.

The other day my boss was showing a new employee around, and commenting on the various staff here at the administration office. when he got to me, he mentioned how I am an artist and how I am a full fledged cartoonist.

He then said that he has had several moments where he is dumbfounded by what I have drawn, wondering what i all means, and said this, "sometimes I will be looking at one of his strips and I will think to myself, 'Is this guy on drugs? who have I hired?'"

Maybe I need to tone down the insanity on the strips.

I told him I was doing it "for the kids" here on campus!

I've never shown my bosses or the majority my colleagues any of my artwork until a couple of weeks ago because I am exhibiting some of it in our staff bar soon, and they have been very supportive so far. Some of them told me that they were surprised because I rarely talk about that side of myself, which got me thinking how glad I am of producing stuff in secrecy and, for the majority of the time, in isolation. But, yeah, I also got a couple of comments on how weird it all looks. For as long as they like it and possibly buy it I don't care if they think I take drugs or not. As it happens, I don't.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Keep in mind I work in a highly creative environment though.
Old 11.16.2012, 01:45 PM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Hell, I don't like to share my art with you people, let alone work.

Come to think of it, I don't like to share period. That said, I'm not being paid to do so.

Good luck Rob. Don't worry too much. You can always sell your body on Westheimer. Invest now in leather chaps (while you still can).
Old 11.16.2012, 01:58 PM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Also: my art is crap.
Old 11.16.2012, 02:07 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I've never shown my bosses or the majority my colleagues any of my artwork until a couple of weeks ago because I am exhibiting some of it in our staff bar soon, and they have been very supportive so far. Some of them told me that they were surprised because I rarely talk about that side of myself, which got me thinking how glad I am of producing stuff in secrecy and, for the majority of the time, in isolation. But, yeah, I also got a couple of comments on how weird it all looks. For as long as they like it and possibly buy it I don't care if they think I take drugs or not. As it happens, I don't.

you work with creatives and they still do not grok the art? man! I work with office admin people, and while some are creative types, the majority are full fledged paper pushers.

all my drawings look like a druggie imagery bonanza
Old 11.16.2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
you work with creatives and they still do not grok the art? man! I work with office admin people, and while some are creative types, the majority are full fledged paper pushers.

all my drawings look like a druggie imagery bonanza

I don't work with creatives. I work in a huge creative place with many departments. Mine is not a creative one, it is admin/reservations, but it occasionally attracts people trying to make it as actors. If this sounds too complicated, think about the way ants look at life, or think about the way gast goes on about his own life.
Old 11.16.2012, 05:40 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I try to think about gast and how he goes on with his life, but he is obsessed with ugly girls.
Old 11.16.2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

The problem with gast is that he thinks that art plays too much into the hands of eternity, which time and nature totally disagree with. Look at the way Sandy swiped off ''important'' artworks without thinking twice. Harsh critique, that was.
Old 11.17.2012, 04:14 AM   #14
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Do you do drugs Danny?
Everyday, sir
Good. Good
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 11:58 AM   #15
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Uh-uh I ain't into that.
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 12:50 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
He won't turn tricks for kicks, but what about cash?

Everybody has their price. What's yours?
Old 11.17.2012, 12:56 PM   #17
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Did he say anything about your chicken strips?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 06:16 PM   #18
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Hell, I don't like to share my art with you people, let alone work.

Come to think of it, I don't like to share period. That said, I'm not being paid to do so.

Good luck Rob. Don't worry too much. You can always sell your body on Westheimer. Invest now in leather chaps (while you still can).
lol ohh man
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2012, 06:18 PM   #19
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't work with creatives. I work in a huge creative place with many departments. Mine is not a creative one, it is admin/reservations, but it occasionally attracts people trying to make it as actors. If this sounds too complicated, think about the way ants look at life, or think about the way gast goes on about his own life.
YOU are going to introduce me to your boss
and say: " i know a real original artist who is specialized in modernism "
Old 11.17.2012, 06:32 PM   #20
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
I try to think about gast and how he goes on with his life, but he is obsessed with ugly girls.
ha ha

first thanks to everyone i made wonder how i'm living my life

the thing of gast in HIGH, the high gast is......
that you are living in gast's time

have you ever wonderd how the artist, like micheal angelo or da vinci, like lived in that time ??????,
what for times that was

well think how things are in the time gast is (still is) alive

the world that is going on around the artist

think of it gast's time

that is in high
then there is gast medium and gast low

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth