Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Letterman: Incinerate!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2006, 09:59 PM   #21
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
And I'll diss whomever I want! I'll insult whomever I care to as long as it's a valid point and not overcome by emotion.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 10:57 PM   #22
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I can respect that, but in my opinion I just don't think that she's all that talented. I guess I just judge talent differently than some of the other people on this board. Whatever. No big deal.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:09 AM   #23
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Icinerate letterman youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytADXZFzwH8&search=sonic%20youth%20letterm an

edit: Didn't check Sonic Sharing! You guy's were first!!

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 08:17 AM   #24
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for clickable link jeff.
sweet! nice performance!
i love see sy like that. still rocking.
they're totally in form like.
morelikely another album in future.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 01:15 PM   #25
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
um....was anyone else as disappointed as i was in this song and performance? i know this is the SY board, and i havent got the new album yet.....but Incinerate sounds like it could easily have been on the sonic nurse album, and doesnt sound like they strayed from the sonic nurse sound. then again, once i get the new album, ill right a more informed review. but i am not too impressed with this song....how many times can you say incinerate in 1 song??

im waitin for SY to blow my mind again....thier past few albums havent, only Murray Street was somewhat good

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 04:10 PM   #26
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
um....was anyone else as disappointed as i was in this song and performance? i know this is the SY board, and i havent got the new album yet.....but Incinerate sounds like it could easily have been on the sonic nurse album, and doesnt sound like they strayed from the sonic nurse sound. then again, once i get the new album, ill right a more informed review. but i am not too impressed with this song....how many times can you say incinerate in 1 song??

im waitin for SY to blow my mind again....thier past few albums havent, only Murray Street was somewhat good

It was a bad song and an even more uninspired performance.

That was the first time I'd heard one of the new songs in its entirety. I hope the others are better.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 04:15 PM   #27
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
The chorus is terrible. I didn't like the rest of it either, not even the lyrics, but that really stood out as being especially bad.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.19.2006, 04:44 PM   #28
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Couldn't of said it better myself long live SY
Old 06.19.2006, 10:32 PM   #29
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
wow............glad to hear i wasnt the only one unimpressed.....it was hard to tell from all the fawning and raving about the performance i read before i spoke up

come on SY fans....i know most of you are fans of great music like me, just cause its the SY board, doesnt mean you have to rave everything they do. any SY fan who said they like that song or performance is either a major ass kisser or just a blinded "ill buy anything SY puts out!! nothing they do is bad!" fan

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 10:50 PM   #30
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Some of them are, but sadly most of the songs are as lame as Incinirate.

after reading the above posts on who you think is talented; makes your quote even less valid...so you like pop music do ya ?
SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 10:53 PM   #31
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I only wish I could make music half as glorious as his.

call quincy jones and you got it!

about the performance, anyone checked steve's mullet?

and i loved when lee and t harmonized the line on the instrumental part, they should have lined up and swayed a la judas priest, or put their backs together.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 11:07 PM   #32
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips
after reading the above posts on who you think is talented; makes your quote even less valid...so you like pop music do ya ?

I, for one, just expected more out of the band.

Just because they're old, it doesn't mean they have to be boring as well.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.20.2006, 09:49 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
turn up your TV DAMNIT!
Old 06.20.2006, 09:52 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I FUCKING LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

Let's see you out there at FIFTY years of age and see how YOU rock. They fucking BLEW UP! It was an amazing song, the record gets better and better and NOISIER everytime I listen to it. get your head out your asses.
Old 06.20.2006, 10:23 AM   #35
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Let's see you out there at FIFTY years of age and see how YOU rock. They fucking BLEW UP! It was an amazing song, the record gets better and better and NOISIER everytime I listen to it. get your head out your asses.

Quick everyone duck and run for cover Rob is rockin' out! ! ! ! !

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 10:26 AM   #36
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I really enjoyed the letterman performance, too. It almost made me get up and dance. And I'm around 50, just like Thurston & Kim.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:31 AM   #37
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I'm not asking them to go all Iggy Pop on me. When musicians get older, they need to find different ways to be exciting. I don't expect them to all be Evel Knievel now, especially considering their extreme old age, because we all know at fifty a person is too old to function properly anymore.

I'm just saying, if a guy like Johnny Cash could kick everyone in the ass with his cover of "Hurt," surely Sonic Youth have a few more tricks up their sleeves.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.20.2006, 11:36 AM   #38
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytADXZFzwH8&search=letterman%20sonic%20you th
Old 06.20.2006, 01:17 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fuck johnny cash. everything about that song and record is due to rick rubin, NOT the man in black. it was Rubin's songs, subin's production, rubin's impetus, rubin's WORK. give praise to who deserves it.

Sonic Youth rocked INCINERATE OUT. What are you expecting? what can be more exciting than watching the greatest band in the world play a song live? if that is not exciting enough for you then that's your issue man.
I was spazzing out on my couch, and actually ahd to stand up to rock out properly because I have been waiting and waiting to see them play live, and I will see them this THURSDAY and if they rock out half as hard as they did on letterman I will be GRATEFUL, and thank the sonic gods for the chance to see my single favorite band ever play some songs for me.

they could play all sitting down in wheelchairs and shit and I woud not give a flying fuck.

SONIC LIFE!
Old 06.20.2006, 01:27 PM   #40
luxinterior
invito al cielo

I couldn't care less how the music is made as long as it comes out sounding good. And unless I come across a recording of the song that says "Hurt by Rick Rubin," I'm going to attribute it to the artist whose name is on the album, because that is who it is ultimately credited to.

What about Sonic Youth songs? Not all of them contribute to the writing of every song. Sure, they all play on them, but that doesn't mean they were all responsible for the original idea. Unless you want to start attributing Sonic Youth songs to "Thurston and Lee, but not Kim or Steve," or whatever it may be for that particular track, I suggest you stop nitpicking.

Incinerate does not sound good to me. If Rick Rubin could make it sound better, I'd be all for it.

- Sebastian Bach

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth