Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page dot to dot festival, nottingham, england
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.31.2006, 06:56 AM   #1
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
did anyone else go to this? it was the second year theyve had it on, and it really is a testament to the strength of nottingham's music scene that its managed to grow so fast. 6 stages, 60 bands. 12 REALLY fucking intense hours of great music

highlights:
big business- like a mixture of lightning bolt and motorhead. good classic metal howls over bursts of bass

hellset orchestra- wat ther hell was it? it was james chance singing the rocky horror, it was the magic band playing a horror movie score, it was satan's lounge band

holy fuck- dfa style dance beats wrenched from mountains of pedals, mixed with bursts of noise, and all squeezed through an sk1

amusement parks on fire- dense layered nugaze walls of guitar, backing strong tunes. my favourite local band. i wish all he luck in the world to them

british sea power- quintissentially english loons, playing good guitar pop rom behind a load of trees. ended with a 20 minute jam in which the guitarist donned a fake head and swung from the lights.

and the merch was great! i picked up a wolf eyes cdr from a local label, and a cool sampler cd. (ringo records)

and they were selling apples! at a gig!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth