Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Favourite photographers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2011, 07:48 PM   #61
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Birgit Jürgenssen

A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2011, 10:40 PM   #62
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
David Lynch, already mentioned by atari 2600 in this thread, but worthy of more praise, in this case from myself. I love his work in general, especially his movies. His photographs are wonderful, too. Even the furniture and objects he designs are pretty ace. This is an awesome lamp:
http://twitpic.com/1ng6wn

Below are a few of the pictures he did for the Fetish shoes designed by Christian Louboutin. It can be noticed that some visual elements, such as the red curtains, for example, and also the presence of distortion (something Lynch has said he loves because he considers it to be "beautiful") appear in this other facet of his work somehow linking it to the aspects already known of his aesthetic.

Some other photographs from this series can be seen in the video embeded in this website. Wondering if any of you European boardies attended that exhibition if you happened to have the chance. It must have been amazing to be able to give a closer look to all those pictures.
Old 04.02.2011, 09:19 AM   #63
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
It seems if you want to make a name for yourself in photography and want to be name-dropped in threads of this ilk, photograph naked women. Preferably hot ones. So lame. Might as well mention the guys who photograph the girls for the Sun's page 3. Yeah, my fave photographers are the ones who photographed these buxom wenches for page 3 of The Sun.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.page3.com%2Fgirls_home.shtml&ei=RjKXTY7o H8ywhAf13qH1CA&usg=AFQjCNEDpVvf42SiIJuT0-ZyD4aMlU0nXQ
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2011, 07:42 PM   #64
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
^ You know, with that being said, I'm awfully surprised Kern hasn't been mentioned yet. I prefer his film work, but I'd definitely say he's also a favorite of mine in still photography.

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2011, 08:01 PM   #65
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
It seems if you want to make a name for yourself in photography and want to be name-dropped in threads of this ilk, photograph naked women. Preferably hot ones. So lame. Might as well mention the guys who photograph the girls for the Sun's page 3. Yeah, my fave photographers are the ones who photographed these buxom wenches for page 3 of The Sun.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.page3.com%2Fgirls_home.shtml&ei=RjKXTY7o H8ywhAf13qH1CA&usg=AFQjCNEDpVvf42SiIJuT0-ZyD4aMlU0nXQ

A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2011, 05:10 PM   #66
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

If this is somehow an attempt at dissing my mention of David Lynch's value as a photographer, then your criticism lacks substance mainly because wanting to make a name for himself doesn't seem to be something he is actually searching for. It's worthy of mention that he was photographing and painting way before he even filmed "Eraserhead", so he can't possibly be just trying to incur in this branch of the arts, and even if he were, it's most likely certain that it wouldn't be for such silly reasons as being name-dropped in threads of this ilk. Him hanging around here in this board, and wanting to obtain our sympathy, Keeping It Simple, seems to be very far out of the realm of possibilities. He only pays attention to twitter these days, apparently.

Another photographer whose work i really like is Lindsay Brice. Her book, "Supernatural", is a tiny little jewel. It's a book of pictures of dolls, whose surroundings provide them with the context of childhood mainly but also other stages of life, glimpses of humanity, if that makes sense. Kim Gordon wrote the foreword to the book, an essay about the emotions expressed by Lindsay Brice on her photos, as well as her own appreciation of Karen Carpenter. For someone who's not yet familiar with this book (and i don't mean that in a general sense), i guess Kim's involvement can give him a reason to troll, based on silly notions rather than on the actual images. I'm not posting any pictures other than the cover, as i'm lazy to find some (they don't come easily in a google search). The book is pretty cheap these days, but worthy of attention and very enjoyable (that is, if my words mean something less than shit).

Link to purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-L.../dp/0977486907
Old 04.03.2011, 07:19 PM   #67
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
I enjoy this dude.
http://tonykatai.tumblr.com/
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2011, 08:48 PM   #68
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
^ UGGGGHHH..... really?!?!? I know that kid! He's the king of douches.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2011, 09:41 PM   #69
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I would have to say, without a doubt, floatingslowly.

I [heart] tentacles
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth