Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page RXTT Art Sale
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.22.2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
RXTT ART SALE

Hello everyone. I am trying to raise some funds so I am offering 24 original RXTT artworks for sale. Please repost, share and/or send to anyone who you think might be interested.

The drawings are all 12” x 12”, black ink on heavy watercolor paper. The images are created extemporaneously, with no underlying sketching or drawing to guide me. I begin with a blank sheet of paper and proceed from there. Once it begins to take form I refine the image until it arrives at the final state. Think of them as controlled surrealism. I am always surprised what comes out. I make art that allows for endless interpretation. I seek to create pieces that can be understood by any and all people, but which are delicately crafted and artistically refined. You will not be disappointed.

The first 10 pieces are from an original series titled DEEP FUTURE,
(view here: http://www.rxtt.net/p/blog-page_20.html )
and depict the world as it will be long after humans have ceased to exist. Using this idea of not portraying anything resembling a human being, I proceeded in my method of “controlled surrealism.”

The other 14 pieces are from an original series of 20 titled The 4th DIMENSION.
(See work here http://www.rxtt.net/p/blog-page.html )
6 works from this series are in private collections. These pieces are intended to be viewed from any perspective, and are created “in the round.” There is no correct “up” or “down.” They can be hung in any direction. The imagery is illusionistic, and intended to serve almost as a Rorschach test of sorts, combining vagueness with specificity to coerce your brain into deciphering exactly what it is you perceive. There is no wrong answer. What you see can and will change depending upon factors such as the time of day, your mental state, the viewing angle, and especially the amount of time spent observing. This is the fourth dimension spoken of in the title.
The DEEP FUTURE series is priced at $100.00 for each work, unframed. They can be shipped flat to avoid any damage for a $10.00 charge. If you wish to have the work matted and framed the cost is $150.00 and shipping will be via UPS Ground, in protective packaging, at a cost of $30.00. Pick-up or delivery can be arranged as well.
The ART IN FOUR DIMENSIONS series is priced at $150.00 for each work, unframed, and $200.00 framed. The shipping information is the same as I stated above.
Payment arrangements can be accepted via PayPal, or C.O.D. if pick up/delivery is arranged.
Please send any questions to me at Rxtt.art@gmail.com
I would love to find a good home for these works of art. Please spread the word for me. Thank you,
Roberto X. Torres-Torres http://rxtt.net

Old 10.22.2012, 09:35 AM   #2
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yo...good shit ya got there....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2012, 10:29 AM   #3
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
i would like to support you rob
at the moment i can't
what i can do is mail it to people who might be interested in buy'ing some of your art

good luck
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks fellas. Please share to whomever you think may be interested. Good art, reasonable prices!
Old 10.22.2012, 12:43 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I would love to assist you financially; however, the budgetary contraints of my current invasive genetic experiment and antipodian translocation makes that difficult.

Best wishes,

A Long-time Fan
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2012, 01:25 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
i would like to support you rob
at the moment i can't
what i can do is mail it to people who might be interested in buy'ing some of your art

good luck
Same here man. Just had to plunk $1.5k in auto repairs (dolor!!). Will replicate yr info where possible.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2012, 04:42 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps hey cheeto those links here + in your site read rxtt.net but they are actually facebook links which makes it appear semi-broken.

e.g. this link:

http://www.rxtt.net/p/blog-page.html

is actually this messv in the blog (and this here post above):

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...=DAQG-EBzI&s=1

anyway i thought i'd let you know so you can fix
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Hmmm. Should not be facebook links.
Old 10.22.2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Fixed in the original post. Thanks for the heads up man

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth