Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2009, 12:35 PM   #201
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
anyhoo..... i found a lot of the crowd were more interested in watching the crowd than sy
true, a guy beside me basically was just staring at everyone around him the whole gig, i've never seen so many people at a gig who looked more like they were at a funeral, all dressed in black and looking like they just found out someone died!
Old 12.08.2009, 12:48 PM   #202
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
there were a bunch of guys behind me basically pointing and laughing at the "hip kids and their parents waiting for thurston to break a guitarstring with a drumstick"...i had to turn around and say..."sorry mate, wrong song!"
Old 12.08.2009, 12:55 PM   #203
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
there were a bunch of guys behind me basically pointing and laughing at the "hip kids and their parents waiting for thurston to break a guitarstring with a drumstick"...i had to turn around and say..."sorry mate, wrong song!"

hehe, nice 1. uhmmm, yeah I found this very annoying on the gigs. talking shit and writing sms in pitch black....and security can be annoying sometimes as well.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 01:00 PM   #204
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, one guy kept pushing me back into the flow of people when i was trying to get out of the way..he took it on himself to get lippy with me..i just left and swapped sides and it was fine.. the left side of the stage was far far far too packed for any venue.... security tho in fairness were ok..they didnt realise how jammers it was gonna be....they are there for the crowds safety after all.....
Old 12.08.2009, 01:13 PM   #205
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
security on this gig was fine actually. one of the security guys came and ask me to switch off my recording thing and left. never came back to have a look again, hehehe. uhmmm, but sometimes they can be really annoying generally speaking, but I can see their point of view.

I still don't understand how he could see me, coz my rec. device don't have any light on. probably too many pints b4 the show, hehehe.

Old 12.08.2009, 03:21 PM   #206
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

gonna hijack this thread 9as its all irish here)
my mates new band...debuting on the 6th january

check em

LOGIKPARTY
Old 12.08.2009, 05:07 PM   #207
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
gonna hijack this thread 9as its all irish here)
my mates new band...debuting on the 6th january

check em

LOGIKPARTY

i listened to them when viki posted a link. they're so good. i'm really thinking to go.

Old 12.08.2009, 05:31 PM   #208
Jay Phonomancer
empty page

Jay Phonomancer has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi, Im new round these parts and I've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the gig. I wasn't sure if it was just me or if the crowd were pretty dead but it seems I was right. I managed to get up to the barrier right in front of Lee so I couldn't really tell how the crowd were reacting but it seemed most people around me were kinda subdued which I found a bit disappointing.

It was my first time seeing an SY headline show after seeing them at Electric Picnic and Witnness (as it was known back then). Couldn't fault the band at all, they sounded amazing - I just thought if the crowd were a little more enthusiastic it could have taken the gig to the next level if you know what I mean. The Eternal stuff really does sound fantastic live, Antenna and Walkin Blue were definite highlights for me aswell as the Daydream Nation stuff.

If I was to be picky I'd say I could have used a little more Lee but I think that would probably be the case no matter how many of his songs got aired! As a matter of interest do they ever play Eric's Trip?
Jay Phonomancer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 09:17 PM   #209
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Phonomancer
As a matter of interest do they ever play Eric's Trip?

If I remember correctly they did at that Wittnness gig

I think they were playing it on the Rather Ripped tour too
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 01:38 AM   #210
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
... my recording thing ...
will it see the daylight soon?

sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2009, 02:25 AM   #211
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2004
will it see the daylight soon?

probably this weekend. i was kinda busy, since I came back....didn't even touch it yet and I think both of my recording should be edited, especially ATP one, but I just might upload a master...

still recovering .

Old 12.09.2009, 03:25 PM   #212
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Rocket
theres loads more vids on youtube now :

What We Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1-YX06JXw

The Sprawl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQ5eMxd97U

No Way and Sacred Trickster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN5c9694Zxo

if anyone has shadow of a doubt, please put the video up, thats the main song i want to see again.

I was right beside that guy!

!
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.10.2009, 06:08 PM   #213
chris2159
little trouble girl

chris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks to whoever has put Shadow of a Doubt on You Tube. I enjoyed the whole night but this was my highlight. Kim's vocals were great for the whole gig: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoVIESMxw_4
chris2159 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2009, 11:24 AM   #214
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2159
Thanks to whoever has put Shadow of a Doubt on You Tube. I enjoyed the whole night but this was my highlight. Kim's vocals were great for the whole gig: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoVIESMxw_4
finally its up
Old 12.11.2009, 12:18 PM   #215
greenlight
invito al cielo

i can upload mp3 recording here leter on lads if you wish (shadow of a doubt included :-)).

Old 12.11.2009, 01:14 PM   #216
john k
empty page

john k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
i can upload mp3 recording here leter on lads if you wish (shadow of a doubt included :-)).

yes please
john k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2009, 01:29 PM   #217
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by john k
yes please

ok. no worries. tomorrow it should be up here.

proper .flac edit should be up on Utkonos at some stage later.

Old 12.12.2009, 10:12 PM   #218
greenlight
invito al cielo

MP3's

http://rapidshare.com/files/31995049...land.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31995054...land.part2.rar

Old 12.13.2009, 09:10 AM   #219
Blandkind
empty page

Blandkind has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Thanks for all the links . Loved every minute of the gig
Blandkind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2009, 05:37 PM   #220
chris2159
little trouble girl

chris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for posting the MP3s greenlight. Really enjoyed the gig and nice to have a record of it .
chris2159 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth