Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2014, 02:25 AM   #5161
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Air conditioning: 7
Germany: 0

I hope it helps France. Along the way to this game, les bleus have benefited from the sending off of Palacios in the first half of the Honduras game, Giroud damaging unpurposely the best Swiss defender's eye after less than 20 minutes in the 5-2 mauling, the injury of a good Nigerian opponent...
Reasonably, they should go through.

Too bad the Germans haven't revealed who the magnificent 7 were (if only they were Muller, Schurrle, Neuer, Lahm, Khedira, Hummels and Mertesacker...).
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 09:27 AM   #5162
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Air conditioning: 7
Germany: 0

I hope it helps France. Along the way to this game, les bleus have benefited from the sending off of Palacios in the first half of the Honduras game, Giroud damaging unpurposely the best Swiss defender's eye after less than 20 minutes in the 5-2 mauling, the injury of a good Nigerian opponent...
Reasonably, they should go through.

Too bad the Germans haven't revealed who the magnificent 7 were (if only they were Muller, Schurrle, Neuer, Lahm, Khedira, Hummels and Mertesacker...).

i read this earlier and laughed and i'm laughing again

thanks
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 09:49 AM   #5163
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
bad news for france-- lahm back on defense! (adios pep-o-nomics)

and klose upfront!

sounds like no more tiki-tachen

this game is going to be like a final

hard for me to cheer for either side but may the best team win
Old 07.04.2014, 10:51 AM   #5164
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- last minute changes to my fantasy squad, i think i might have fucked myself without any subs (except for GK) but here we go!
Old 07.04.2014, 10:53 AM   #5165
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really struggling deciding on my transfers this round. Especially today's games I find really hard to call.

Normally I'd have Germany down as slight favourites, but after Algeria I'm really not that sure and how ill are these 7 unnamed players exactly?

Brazil have failed to impress and Neymar could have troubles with his knee, but they still have home advantage. Colombia did impress of course, but they haven't faced a big team like Brazil so far.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 10:57 AM   #5166
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Quarter finals kick off within minutes with the game between France and Germany. ARE YOU READY?!!

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 11:55 AM   #5167
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

germany might be ahead, but france is attacking better...
Old 07.04.2014, 12:45 PM   #5168
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

When did LeeIsFree start coaching Germany?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 12:50 PM   #5169
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I started watching the game at 60 minutes. Was all this average? I'm bloody glad I didn't take the afternoon off to watch it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 12:53 PM   #5170
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
The first half was brilliant, yeah, the second half not so much.. but hey, at least the scoreless portion was in the second half instead of the first like most of these knock out games

Old 07.04.2014, 12:54 PM   #5171
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Plus its nice to see bitch a$$ France eliminated

Old 07.04.2014, 01:07 PM   #5172
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I started watching the game at 60 minutes. Was all this average? I'm bloody glad I didn't take the afternoon off to watch it.

it was very locked down, though valbuena was a holy terror on the attack until he apparently ran out of gas. benzema and pogba also terrorized but didnt' finish unfortunately.

schurrle brought speed but also his usual crooked, unfortunate food so no real excitement.

2nd half was more germany who tried to put the game on ice every chance they had and the gamble paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I'm really struggling deciding on my transfers this round. Especially today's games I find really hard to call.

Normally I'd have Germany down as slight favourites, but after Algeria I'm really not that sure and how ill are these 7 unnamed players exactly?

Brazil have failed to impress and Neymar could have troubles with his knee, but they still have home advantage. Colombia did impress of course, but they haven't faced a big team like Brazil so far.

captain hummels just made me A TON of points

i thought he'd have a lot of saves against france's attack and he didn't disappoint

i have neymar up next game i hope he doesn't break down. then again i also have james and ospina and cuadrado. go colombia for the surprise! (i usually love brazil but this year they have been so meh!)

note to english speakers: this james is pronounced ha-mess (or kha-mess)
Old 07.04.2014, 02:01 PM   #5173
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Ton of points, eh?
You're so cruel.
I have 5 subs to bring in. Schurrle and my French midfield disappointed. Varane brought up points though. I won't even try to figure out how much you've scored...
Too bad James bags a treble in a few minutes... I'll be out of reach again. Well, you still have time to adjust.

The heat seemed too important for both teams.

It could happen again for tomorrow's game between Netherlands and Costa Rica.

Ozil looked like he was a bit better than against Algeria, Schurrle shot straight at Lloris in his two attempts, Boateng was quick.
Matuidi came back for the second half with sharpness, but it couldn't last 45 minutes. Giroud caused problems as a sub. He committed fouls (Schurrle did the same), he fell to the ground wanting a free kick (resulting in Schweinsteiger kicking the ball out so that physios would help the French striker, as a result, Giroud allowed the Germans to waste time).
Neuer... so impressive, even if he hasn't had as much work as Howard.

Does FIFA really want the Cup to take place in Qatar?

Now that I am no longer biased:
Go Colombia!
Go Netherlands (everytime I wish you'd win, it didn't happen: I'd have rooted for Holland in 1998 in the final against France had they beaten Brasil after getting rid of Argentina - that Bergkamp goal...; I rooted for them and felt quite disgusted last time for that final with Nigel De Jong not being red carded... I never thought you'd play more than three games this year; maybe it'll happen at last)!
Go Bel... well, yes, Belgium, well, a little go for them...
Old 07.04.2014, 02:21 PM   #5174
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
The heat seemed too important for both teams.

It has been bad, that is why they've had all these water breaks, which when I saw it the first time actually surprised me like, "What the fuck is happening here?"

Quote:
It could happen again for tomorrow's game between Netherlands and Costa Rica.

Seems Costa Rica, a tropical rainforest of a country, would benefit. Hahaha, still can't believe Costa Rica thought they could beat USA back in that snow game in March! That being said, the weather is hot in Brazil but surely it could be worse

Quote:

Does FIFA really want the Cup to take place in Qatar?

Apparently they are trying to have all these games indoors and airconditioned.. Bad weather aside Qatar is STILL an entirely stupid place to host a World Cup or ANY international tournament of ANY sport..

Quote:
Now that I am no longer biased:
Go Colombia!
Would love it.

Quote:
Go Netherlands

Even better

Quote:
Go Bel... well, yes, Belgium, well, a little go for them...
Not so much but they speak French there I so understand your quasi-support

Old 07.04.2014, 02:30 PM   #5175
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Let me raise my eyebrow in disdain on that last remark.
Old 07.04.2014, 02:35 PM   #5176
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Let me raise my eyebrow in disdain on that last remark.

Old 07.04.2014, 02:59 PM   #5177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ton of points, eh?
You're so cruel.
I have 5 subs to bring in.

42, on last inspection! it was last-minute inspiration.

though frogmouth müller only scored me 4. and i can't sub him out! so that compensates plenty. their average is 23 which is still pretty nice.

my ONLY sub is navas, in case ospina fucks it today.

any small mistake and i'm going down like the hindenburg!

VAMOS COLOMBIA!!!
Old 07.04.2014, 03:03 PM   #5178
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

any small mistake and i'm going down like the hindenburg

Moral of the story: That is why I don't do fantasy sports

Old 07.04.2014, 03:10 PM   #5179
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well that didn't take long
Old 07.04.2014, 03:21 PM   #5180
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

When did Journey's Neal Schon start playing for Brazil???

209249256257258 259 260261262269309359 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth