Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm sorry, but Sonic Youth are no longer my favourite artist
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2008, 07:16 AM   #41
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
I totally agree with you on that mhtrtc vibe.
but for me geogaddi works as a whole. absolutely not as a collection of songs, its by far the one album by them I listened through from track 1 to 23 or something
Sorry, it's just that when I have a really strong opinion I begin to think of it more as a fact.

Though if anyone ever told me that Chiastic Slide was a shit album, whoah boy, watch out.
Old 08.22.2008, 07:17 AM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Who's better? Sonic Youth or The Beatles?
Old 08.22.2008, 07:18 AM   #43
al shabbray

no prob
Chiastic Slide isnt a shit album it THE shit, love it. but havent listened to the new one (except for some myspace snippets)
wherw would you sort it in?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 07:24 AM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I personally think Autechre have gotten better on every album to date.

Though my personal favorite is Draft 7.30.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 07:25 AM   #45
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Yeah I was listening to Draft 7.30 earlier this evening and it really is amazing, probably my second favourite one by them.
Old 08.22.2008, 07:26 AM   #46
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

And Quaristice is relatively poor. I prefer it when Autechre are doing 10+ minute songs that evolve into something wonderful and amaze you every time you hear it. Quaristice is mainly short snippets of long jams they had.
Old 08.22.2008, 08:30 AM   #47
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

WHY?! WHY?!!!!!!!

beeezaarrrr! is this a re-make of abel ferrara's? too weird.
mind you autechre, whilst being nice and all, I tend to think of as the yngwie malmsteens of the warp recordings mind-state.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 09:18 AM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

WHY?! WHY?!!!!!!!

for no fucking reasonwahtsoevr. it will suck so bad. fucking bad leutenant is a crazy movie and there is no reason to remake it.
especially not wityh wooden actor nick cage!
Old 08.22.2008, 09:21 AM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and BTW, SONIC YOUTH is and will be and since 1987 has been the single most importanta nd favorite band in the life and meta-mind of Rob Instigator, and forever they shall remain.

I may go for streetches where UI listen to other stuff, and not SY, but they always remain firmly entrenched, right along with the beatles. there is no denying the pinnacle.

sonic youth for the awesome rock win.

confusion is sex blows every stupid fucking wanna be "hard" band out of the water, and it came out 20something years ago.

sonic YOUTH!

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

coming down!!
Sadie I love it
now now now
death valley 69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

autrecherer will go the way of nitzer ebb, and every other slowly forgotten electronic act.

sonic youth will be played on the outskirts of the asteroid belt when humans reach there and make habitations.
Old 08.22.2008, 09:58 AM   #50
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Who's better? Sonic Youth or The Beatles?
no dilemma for me there... i'm not into the beatles at all, a day in the life is the only song of theirs i'd ever listen to.

regarding sy, i'll admit that a lot of their shit is awful, but at their peak (which i consider to be pretty much everything they've done since evol.. except for goo, ejst&ns and ofc rr) they're the best of all. in my opinion there is no other band that compares to them.
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 10:18 AM   #51
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
you fickle fucks...

I stand (float) with Rob:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
autrecherer will go the way of nitzer ebb, and every other slowly forgotten electronic act.

sonic youth is being played on the outskirts of the asteroid belt where ______ make habitations.

I used to love Nitzer Ebb.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 10:32 AM   #52
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
sonic who??!!
Old 08.22.2008, 10:35 AM   #53
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
yeah well i never really bothered to listen to any Sonic Youth muzak.
can't be asked.
I might try Daydream nation
everybody says it's good
Old 08.22.2008, 10:40 AM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
you fickle fucks...

I stand (float) with Rob:

I used to love Nitzer Ebb.

I saw them in concert a couple times, in houston, and RevCo and Ministry and the Meat Beat Manifesto....
Old 08.22.2008, 11:09 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

ain;t nothing gonna top coming down from a 10 hour LSD trip around 7:00am and running into a fneighbor in my dorm and asking if he ahd some mechanical music because I needed mechanical music and he played me 99% NOW TURN ON TUNE IN BREAK OUT THIS IS A GAME...and I sat and listened to the whole album
YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER! and I loved it and it made everything alllllllright and then I slept for 10 hours.

ahhh, 1993.
Old 08.22.2008, 11:31 AM   #56
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
adam hit the nail on the proverbial head by saying basically sy are possibly the greatest if not his favourite.. its all the stuff surrounding sy that makes them great.... the sum of al the parts...and this forum shows that big style..

right now my favourite band..... hard to say.........
Old 08.22.2008, 12:09 PM   #57
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
And this is what is meant by better living through medication?
Old 08.22.2008, 12:36 PM   #58
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

funner tales through medication
Old 08.22.2008, 02:52 PM   #59
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I no longer am that much into rock or experimental music. My taste has gone to shit, I prefer electro now.
Old 08.22.2008, 03:06 PM   #60
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

bleep bleep blooop

like Fun Dip, always taste sgood at first and it seems fun but halfway thorugh you are just spent and your sense organs burn from too much overhyped bullshit

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth