Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ethnic, Racial, Religious, etc. Identity
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2010, 04:22 PM   #81
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
NO. he's sexy.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 04:33 PM   #82
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I can understand people referring to American cultures like New English or Southern culture. "American" culture across the nation is mostly vapid beyond consumerism. It's a matter of fact that there are communities of extra-American cultures that are far stronger than more abstract notions of culture found in generations-removed whites.

Anyway, I don't like giving injunctives as to who or what cultures people identify themselves. I know most want to protect cultures from big bad homogeny while others want to abandon culture all together and be pure individuals, or something. Honestly, one of the few things I love about the United States is this cultural ambiguity. I can identify with my heritage from Ireland and Germany, which isn't so far back as one might assume, but in a sense there's still that "cultural frontier" aspect within the United States. In other words, I can have my place in history but without being strangled by it. It's entirely up to my whim to see myself in history in its many aspects, as it should be.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:02 PM   #83
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
The jesus I know said to love everyone unconditionaly despite our differences. God's creations are all unique.
Matthew 10:34-39 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."

Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:07 PM   #84
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
Matthew 10:34-39 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."

I love yr quotes. Who are you? To me that always meant that people will disagree with you when you trust and have faith in Jesus. Your faith will ultimatley cause tension between you and others because they might disagree. Also it is saying to put God first because if you love god the most the rest will work out itself. And I hope to one day loose my life for his sake.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:14 PM   #85
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Quote:
I love yr quotes. Who are you? To me that always meant that people will disagree with you when you trust and have faith in Jesus. Your faith will ultimatley cause tension between you and others because they might disagree. Also it is saying to put God first because if you love god the most the rest will work out itself. And I hope to one day loose my life for his sake.
there are lots (EDIT: a fair few) of other examples of jesus preaching hate

on slavery: Titus 2:9 "Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again"

sure he preached love more. maybe the hate just when he was feeling a bit pissed? skipped breakfast or somesuch

Old 02.16.2010, 05:23 PM   #86
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Also it is saying to put God first because if you love god the most the rest will work out itself.
I lol'd.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:28 PM   #87
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Who are you?
yr worst nightmare

haha only joking

pick yr favorite jesus love quote and ill dedicate it to you

Old 02.16.2010, 05:33 PM   #88
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
maybe he just doesn't know glice has my special permission to be a cunt 24/7.

I don't need your permission. If there was any permission needed in this relationship, it would be from me to you, to fuck dogs. And it would be continually denied. And yet you would continue to fuck dogs. Because you're a dog-fucking tower of AIDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:34 PM   #89
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i knew you'd react to the permission part.

Old 02.16.2010, 05:51 PM   #90
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Because you're a dog-fucking tower of AIDS.

i smiled because i imagined this guy saying it

:

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 05:59 PM   #91
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
back to one of the point brought up here by sonic gail adn savage clone
i dont think that there is a time limit to when you are allowed to feel connected to your roots. i have over the past year or som been a bit lost as to what nationality i belong to, and what my roots and traditions actually are.
i have lived in israel for over half my life
before that i was born and lived in the states.
my mothers side of the family immigrated there from vienna in 39, and my fathers from eastern europe during the 1st decade of the 20th century.
so i dont really know where i belong and what i connect to.
when im ion israel i feel more american, when im in america, or see americans that come here i am reminded on how much i dont feel connected to them...
so yeah, boring post over.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 06:02 PM   #92
knox
invito al cielo

i imagine he's saying everything glice posts, on the phone.

Old 02.16.2010, 06:07 PM   #93
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the only people that enjoy their irishness are americans who somehow think they can be irish when they havent lived here. really being irish is absolutely shit in every fucking way possible and you should be glad your relatives got out of this place.

i feel really sorry for the first humans who set out north from africa into europe, those pioneer primitives who were able to walk over areas that are now just ocean, due to the ice age. some of the poor fuckers ended up getting to a point were there was just ocean and a massive gap seperating them from america, which they had no notion of. and then of course the ice age ended and the ice melted and they couldnt get back, and so ended up on an island.

since those days everyone born here has either left or settled in for a life of alcoholism and settling for less.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 08:02 PM   #94
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
the only people that enjoy their irishness are americans who somehow think they can be irish when they havent lived here.

the rest of us changed our last names.

I'm an ex-McEwen.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 09:59 PM   #95
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
first and foremost:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
no i logged in because habte selassie isn't deserving of being harassed on the same point over and over

thank you. sincerely.. I have been getting way to much shit for this for literally too many years now.

Quote:
no, you ass, i wanted a reply, from him, not you.
Quote:

he always has an answer to the charge of his whiteness, so we shall wait and see what he posts.

here I come.. whoa.. shuudiddwadiddidily whoa.. seen

Quote:
wow, good job bringing up the same interesting and provocative thing about him that has come up on a regular basis,for years. you win the gold metal in beating a dead horse

seriously.
Quote:

if it gets any worse i'm going to start acting jamaican in protest, and yuh no wan see man when he yaaaard out
Quote:
go and fetch me mi peanut punch babylon pussyhole

easy I iyah lyon.. cool and calm pon the scene every time, seen? (and the correct term there would be "pussy-clot")
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

perhaps, my man the I' mon can answer for himself with more tact than you, rudeboy.

yes I I-dren, give thanks kingmon, maximum raspect to all the heartical I-ses.
Quote:
how would i have known, i havent been here for years.
i find it really curious thats all.
i didnt even know it had been mentioned before, but that makes it even more curious.
i have brought it up before, indeed, but i had no answer.
while glice is naturally gifted at cuntness, therefore somehow entitled, wellcharge just takes everything way too seriously.

My sister, I honestly don't understand all the fuss. Yes, I am a white guy from Los Angeles, but I am also a 100% original Rastafari, Tewahedo Orthodox convert, Ethiopian Orthodox Parish School of Religion Instructor named Habte Selassie. Do you think eldery, well-respected Ethiopian clerics pass out African names like handshakes? Do you think those ranking big dread teach everyone to play the heartical nyabinghi (which is construed, "death to all white oppressors") drum?

I-man EARNED the stripes to claim my titles, and none of y'all as silly as you want to be folks can take them from me. Those who have eyes to see, have seen and are quite respectful. If it is in ignorance, now you know, and in the future we will see if you are like the others who are simply hating what they can't believe, which is odd for a bunch of supposedly open-minded indie/artistic folks like SYG.

also:
Quote:
i'd like to know if suchfriends realises he's white.

In case you weren't aware:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
. To be overly conscious of a person's racial identity, and in fact draw an unnecessary amount of attention to it, is racism.

Quote:
yeah but he has the almighty omnipotence of god's infinite compassion on his side so its not like he needs your help, mere mortal.

props. that was so funny, I broke out in hysterical laughter on the bus when I read it. (not sarcastic)
Quote:
11. Thou shalt not question white men in tradional African garb.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 06:40 AM   #96
knox
invito al cielo

i'm not the one who's concious dear.
i frankly don't care that you're white.
i just wanted to know you were aware.
i think multiquoting is a terrible habit.
it's all very nice and interesting, but nothing is going to change the fact you were born a white boy probably named brian.
you're the one acting like there is something wrong with that.

Old 02.17.2010, 08:37 AM   #97
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I've known a lot of white guys that didn't act it. mostly, it was for attention.

not a single-one of the attention grabbers actually went so far as to attend an Ethiopian church.

in the very least, Ras has a sincere dedication toward the cause of promoting one-love.

respec'
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 09:57 AM   #98
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
shudeedadidilleeidileewoah-oh sudillwilldilleeidilywo-ah - am brah'd - am brah'd - am brah'der dan brah'dway
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 10:05 AM   #99
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've known a lot of white guys that didn't act it. mostly, it was for attention.

not a single-one of the attention grabbers actually went so far as to attend an Ethiopian church.

in the very least, Ras has a sincere dedication toward the cause of promoting one-love.

respec'

True that. He earned his stripes and I think it is very couragous of him to take his route, considering the fact that he must get shit about it daily in real life as well as on here. I have learned more about my faith from him than any priest or church.

Old 02.17.2010, 10:10 AM   #100
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
there are lots (EDIT: a fair few) of other examples of jesus preaching hate

on slavery: Titus 2:9 "Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again"

sure he preached love more. maybe the hate just when he was feeling a bit pissed? skipped breakfast or somesuch

You cannot separate love and hate. Humans are hard hearted and alot of things in the bible take that into consideration. In the society of the time in which that was written it was common for people to have servants. Some were not slaves persay, but people that worked for food and shelter in a time that did not have consumerism and a wealth of jobs for a large population. Also it is symbolic of God being the master and we are the servants and that for our lives to be as peacefull as possible in this world it is best that we obey what he has told us. Because after all, sin usually harms the sinner more than anyone else.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth