Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2006, 05:55 PM   #21
blots
little trouble girl

blots ain't too shabbyblots ain't too shabby
I think you should read VALIS before Radio Free Albemuth. It is very good, but is an alternate version of VALIS. Radio Free Albemuth stands up very well as its own and separate entity...I actually read them back to back. But I think that reading VALIS cold and going straight into it is more important.

In regards to the movie Blade Runner and the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I thought the difference between the two was almost as drastic as the difference between VALIS and Radio Free Albemuth... Like an alternate universe. Even his character...he was much more pathetic in the book. That didn't bother me, I liked that they were separate. That was just my experience anyway.
blots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2006, 06:23 PM   #22
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
thanks, i already bought albemuth so i might as well read it (first i have to finish The Air Conditioned Nightmare. but valis and a scanner darlky are next on my pkd list
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2006, 10:44 PM   #23
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
did anybody see that other movie he did recently "a scanne darkly" ? I thought it was done really well. It had an interesting plot and trippy graphics although it did have an abrupt ending that kind of threw me off.

The movie was made very well. I was impressed. It was more loyal to the novel than Blade Runner was.
Old 09.14.2006, 08:05 AM   #24
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
agreed, Scanner Darkly the film was suprisingly brilliant
Old 09.14.2006, 08:14 AM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Iain. Do you like William Gibson's writings?
I've read Neuromancer and Burning Chrome.
Still have to read Mona Lisa Overdrive though.

I wonder if SY Nurse song has anything to do with this book?

William Gibson's official site
I would think so, since the Sprawl was based off Neuromancer, no?

Anyway, I haven't read any PK Dick novels. I am currently reading Neuromancer. I will look into "Do Androids...?" The name is intriguing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth