Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page why the world should vote in US presidential elections
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2008, 10:12 PM   #81
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
It amazes me, this assumption of "insignificant to the founding of a nation" is the same as "insignificant to the history of a nation."

I guess I can now say that my ex-girlfriend played a significant role in my birth.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 10:27 PM   #82
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
my ex-girlfriend played a significant role in my birth.

kinky

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 10:53 PM   #83
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
kinky

Old 11.03.2008, 11:35 PM   #84
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
so before this, absolutely no native americans were affected whatsoever. And shortly after this, everyone lived happily ever after, all hispanic and native americans were fairly compensated for all labour and land rights, and it was all merry and wonderful, entirely thanks to white americans?

what a pile of poo.

can play semantics all you like but my point was more the very large role the hispanic population has played in the entire evolution of what is present date US.. not what happened on the day the delcaration of independence was signed.

lol, so all brown people are hispanics to you?

Hispanics had nothing to do with the founding of our country. Like pbradely said, it was the native americans who were here first and there is a big distinction between the two.

Also, it's offensive that you played the whole "everything was cheery and forgotton card" regarding the native americans, and nothing was changed, and long live the white man who spreads cheer like santa claus. The only people that honestly believe that are fucking crazy. FUCKING CRAZY. It makes me wonder how many Americans foreigners actually talk to. I guess it's all the rich bitches backpacking across europe on daddys paycheck, but me and my friends don't share that mindset and I get rather offended by being part of that stereotype just because I was born in this country.

What the early settlers did to the Native Americans makes me sick. I have no Native American blood in my genes, but I think their views on the world, nature, and living are rad. Better than any current generation of any current civilization anywhere. I also like hallucinagins and that plays a part of it...anyways....

There's nothing we can do about it. Greed prevailed and a whole culture of people got fucked because they were'nt 'savvy' to the white man. Oh well, shit happens I guess. By the way I wonder why it's us "Americans" who get all the shit for it too...I never see the hate directed towards the English or the French or the Spanish....who all took advantage of the Native Americans. A side note to that is when it all comes down to it, we are a nation of muts....and we're muts because we are a mix of all of YOU Europeans....we are the ancestors and mixes of all the different races from different countries who came HERE TO CAPITOLIZE ON THE LAND THAT THEY ALL FELT WAS UP FOR GRABS.

damn euros need to lose your ego. Not all of us are thick headed like the images you see in the media.....
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 05:48 AM   #85
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
lol, so all brown people are hispanics to you?

Hispanics had nothing to do with the founding of our country. Like pbradely said, it was the native americans who were here first and there is a big distinction between the two.

Also, it's offensive that you played the whole "everything was cheery and forgotton card" regarding the native americans, and nothing was changed, and long live the white man who spreads cheer like santa claus. The only people that honestly believe that are fucking crazy. FUCKING CRAZY. It makes me wonder how many Americans foreigners actually talk to. I guess it's all the rich bitches backpacking across europe on daddys paycheck, but me and my friends don't share that mindset and I get rather offended by being part of that stereotype just because I was born in this country.

What the early settlers did to the Native Americans makes me sick. I have no Native American blood in my genes, but I think their views on the world, nature, and living are rad. Better than any current generation of any current civilization anywhere. I also like hallucinagins and that plays a part of it...anyways....

There's nothing we can do about it. Greed prevailed and a whole culture of people got fucked because they were'nt 'savvy' to the white man. Oh well, shit happens I guess. By the way I wonder why it's us "Americans" who get all the shit for it too...I never see the hate directed towards the English or the French or the Spanish....who all took advantage of the Native Americans. A side note to that is when it all comes down to it, we are a nation of muts....and we're muts because we are a mix of all of YOU Europeans....we are the ancestors and mixes of all the different races from different countries who came HERE TO CAPITOLIZE ON THE LAND THAT THEY ALL FELT WAS UP FOR GRABS.

damn euros need to lose your ego. Not all of us are thick headed like the images you see in the media.....
1 no, i don't believe all 'brown' people are hispanic.
2 i'm not european.
3 there may be some cultural slang difference in our use of hispanic.. I know there is with 'asian' 'arab' 'euro' etc, probably because yr definition changes with your proximity to the area.
i kind of didn't pay attention to anything else you said, since you seemed to do the same when reading any of my thoughts.
Old 11.04.2008, 05:56 AM   #86
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It amazes me, this assumption of "insignificant to the founding of a nation" is the same as "insignificant to the history of a nation."

I guess I can now say that my ex-girlfriend played a significant role in my birth.
I never said those two things were the same, again.. Nit picking at definitions. Regardless i still believe that the us would be a very different place if not for the vast culture it contains. To me, foundation isn't simply documents.. Its so much more. Clearly we have different views there. But, my original point was that above, in defense of someone suggesting that the hispanic population should not be allowed to vote in general because they are incapable.. i guess its pretty funny that while trying to defend someone, this thread has gone on for so long over their importance or complete irrelevance to some, in a countries history.. Whatever i guess. Everyone has their own opinion.
Old 11.04.2008, 07:08 AM   #87
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
so who the fuck won already
Old 11.04.2008, 11:26 AM   #88
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I never said those two things were the same, again.. Nit picking at definitions. Regardless i still believe that the us would be a very different place if not for the vast culture it contains. To me, foundation isn't simply documents.. Its so much more. Clearly we have different views there. But, my original point was that above, in defense of someone suggesting that the hispanic population should not be allowed to vote in general because they are incapable.. i guess its pretty funny that while trying to defend someone, this thread has gone on for so long over their importance or complete irrelevance to some, in a countries history.. Whatever i guess. Everyone has their own opinion.

Besides the fact that I forgot you were from australia I was on point with everything else. You can't change your original point from foundation to evolution. We pay attention to these things. :-)

now lets all shut up, do some acid, and cuddle.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 11:51 AM   #89
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to thank THE WORLD for taking such a grand interest in my country.

it really makes me feel PROUD to know that despite what THE WORLD says, everybody secretly wishes that they were Amerikkkan. I mean, who really cares who gets elected elsewhere? certainly not me! why should I? I'm Amerikkkan. I piss oil and shit out little countries like the rest of yr's for breakfast.

HAHAHAH! FEEL MY MIGHT, THE WORLD; FEEL IT AND SHIVER IN AWE.

[insert booming laughter here]

now, if you'll please excuse me, it's time for my team of Nubian slaves to service my 10' penis.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 06:50 PM   #90
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
No, they aren't. The United States of America was founded before their inclusion. They are significant to the expansion of the United States of America. In fact, Texas was a sovereign nation independent of the U.S. and Mexico for ten years and similarly California was also an independent Republic though only for less than a month before being included.

The United States of America was not founded with 50 states nor can the realization of the Manifest Destiny be included in the "founding" of the nation.

bullshit! California is as fundamental to the formation of America as New York. It is simple, is california not a state of the United States of America? If yes, then the foundations of California are equally the foundations of America, because last time i checked CA was part of america, and so its foundations are the foundations of america as well. New york is not more america than cali, nor is pennsylvania more american than Texas.

America is a formative nation, there is no foundation period, it is a nation of continual change, and the western united states has been pivotal in this historic process. Further, the history you speak of is only applicable to a select proportion of faithful, patriotic white americans, however, unfortunately for they mythical version of america, Americans consist of a shitload more people than these white folks. The national myth of the "founding fathers" is bullshit, but Americans are more then the descendents of those musty old white dudes.

The foundations of america differ depending on the American you are speaking with, it is that simple.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 08:32 PM   #91
phoenix
invito al cielo

I agree with the above. But I kind of gave up trying to get my point across.
Old 11.05.2008, 08:40 PM   #92
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
now, if you'll please excuse me, it's time for my team of Numanoids to service my 10' pianist.

Now this I have to see. Do you drum along whilst this is happening?
Old 11.05.2008, 09:16 PM   #93
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Prove your claims.

motherfucker, if i ever visit your town, i swear i'll buy you a beer.

why you even bother to respond to crap posts with solid, reasonable answers is beyond me-- maybe you're a vulcan missionary.

anyway, it's good to see signs of intelligent life on earth.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 09:18 PM   #94
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
bullshit! California is as fundamental to the formation of America as New York. It is simple, is california not a state of the United States of America? If yes, then the foundations of California are equally the foundations of America, because last time i checked CA was part of america, and so its foundations are the foundations of america as well. New york is not more america than cali, nor is pennsylvania more american than Texas.

America is a formative nation, there is no foundation period, it is a nation of continual change, and the western united states has been pivotal in this historic process. Further, the history you speak of is only applicable to a select proportion of faithful, patriotic white americans, however, unfortunately for they mythical version of america, Americans consist of a shitload more people than these white folks. The national myth of the "founding fathers" is bullshit, but Americans are more then the descendents of those musty old white dudes.

The foundations of america differ depending on the American you are speaking with, it is that simple.
There was a nation called the United States of America before the realization of the Manifest Destiny. While you are arguing for a more inclusive American identity, which is not without merit, you still cannot deny that fact. A nation by the people and for the people is, by that phrase, defined by the people who populate it. Therefore as the nation grew larger, so has its identity changed. But as a matter of history, the United States began as thirteen English colonies. This entire discussion has been one of me arguing for the actual historic origin of the USA verses what I can only suppose of yours and pheonix points as the USA as a global power. Two very different times and two very different Unions. I deny that any hispanic population was significant in the first, but not the second.
Old 11.05.2008, 09:22 PM   #95
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
motherfucker, if i ever visit your town, i swear i'll buy you a beer.

why you even bother to respond to crap posts with solid, reasonable answers is beyond me-- maybe you're a vulcan missionary.

anyway, it's good to see signs of intelligent life on earth.

gtfo hobo. this thread is fine without you.
Old 11.05.2008, 09:23 PM   #96
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There was a nation called the United States of America before the realization of the Manifest Destiny. While you are arguing for a more inclusive American identity, which is not without merit, you still cannot deny that fact. A nation by the people and for the people is, by that phrase, defined by the people who populate it. Therefore as the nation grew larger, so has its identity changed. But as a matter of history, the United States began as thirteen English colonies. This entire discussion has been one of me arguing for the actual historic origin of the USA verses what I can only suppose of yours and pheonix points as the USA as a global power. Two very different times and two very different Unions. I deny that any hispanic population was significant in the first, but not the second.

I accept your point about mexicans and the first colonial period of the United States, however I can't accept that particular time as being limited as the formative period of US history. My arguement is simple, not some global geopolitical one, it is a logic based one. If there are other states in the US, then their origins also contribute to the formation of the United States. In california for example, indians and mestizos then called mexicans after mexican independence are a crucial formative people of the state. There was a lot going on before thousands of white people showed up to loot the mountains for gold.. their experiences are equally an American experience, equally formative, and should be included in the cannon of American formative experience. You can not discriminate in this regard, because America is bigger then the history of the WASP.

Old 11.05.2008, 09:28 PM   #97
pbradley
invito al cielo

I simply can't agree with a racial view of history and I can't tell if you are advocating one, or claiming one of my interpretation, or both.
Old 11.05.2008, 09:45 PM   #98
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
gtfo

uh??

Quote:
hobo.

im fully employed. but do you harbor hatred against vagrants?

Quote:
this thread is fine

in what universe?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 09:57 PM   #99
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I simply can't agree with a racial view of history and I can't tell if you are advocating one, or claiming one of my interpretation, or both.

The "founding fathers" america was a racial concept, limited to white men. It excluded eastern europeans as not-white initially, excluded the indians as not people, and considered the Africans 3/5 to a white man, at least a bit above the other inferiors. The real america, the tangible america outside of the ideological theories of government, is one of many people. The WASP founding fathers experience thus is an extremely limited view of America, which excludes both historical and contemporary americans. again, bullshit I say! and ol america lovin indifferent to mexico !@#$% should have that beer with you, then you'll find mexicans are americans as well and their formative experience is an american experience as much as george washington.

Old 11.05.2008, 10:03 PM   #100
pbradley
invito al cielo

Ha ha, "you'll find mexicans are americans as well."

Wow, fuck off.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth