Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2017, 12:18 PM   #1861
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

anyway, also on amazon prime watching

MR SHOW.

I always really liked that show a lot. I enjoyed the latest Netflix season of it, but something just did not quite grip me like that show did when it was on (although age might play into that quite a bit). I did not know it was on Amazon Prime. I might have to go check out some of the old seasons again and see how they hold up.

Not sure which show/season it was, so no clue if you have seen it yet or not, but I remembered some sketch about a kid who tried to kill himself by jumping into a vat of acid, but lived. And he gets a visit from his favorite band while in the hospital. It was pretty twisted but just an outright riot. One of my fav skits, maybe second only to Ass Pennies.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2017, 12:54 PM   #1862
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Titanica. Kid tried to kill himself because of their song "Try Suicide."

They give him a backstage pass. But then they realize that having the kid backstage might lessen the band's chances of banging groupies, so they decide to record a song called "Try Again."

They are also the band that had that super-gay underground video. Remember that one?

I am here to declare MR SHOW the finest sketch show ever made by any humans ever. Gets better with repeated viewings.

For some reason, I still haven't watched the newest season, but I have to imagine it's not quite the same.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2017, 12:56 PM   #1863
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Just watched last episode ever of Detectorists. I think it was a really good series. McKenzie Crook (the Office) and Toby Jones (pretty much everything) are really good in it. Nice slow pace, funny and sweet. Any show that focuses on small bugs and snails crawling around on grass and has a major role for magpies is a good one in my book. If you haven't seen it, give it a try!

I did watch a couple episodes from the first series when that first aired. I remember enjoying it so I've no idea why I stopped watching.

In these days with the constant striving for 'noise' in tv shows, a show like the Detectorists sounds like the perfect antidote.

Yes, I'm aware of how much an old man that last paragraph makes me sound.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2017, 10:36 AM   #1864
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Still pouring through GIRLS and I think I’ve given myself permanent cringe-lines from... cringing. A bunch. At how awful and ridiculous these people are.

I had comp time ** this week so I have binged my way through three full seasons and into the fourth. I’m thoroughly addicted to watching this disgusting shit. Still dig the shit out of Adam Driver’s character, but my hatred for everyone else has increased dramatically.

** Wut wut!! Screw you, overtime pay! When I work a 60-hour week I get the REAL reward of sitting on my ass for threee days at a time that’s convenient for my employer! #livinthedream
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2017, 11:24 AM   #1865
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lololol. yes. mega-cringe and infinite hate. and yet we keep watching right?

i think lena dunham is a good writer. she makes very realistic awful characters. aaaaawwwwwwful ha ha ha ha.

no worries there’s just 3 more seasons and the hate will only grow. right in time for christmas.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2017, 03:40 PM   #1866
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
lololol. yes. mega-cringe and infinite hate. and yet we keep watching right?

i think lena dunham is a good writer. she makes very realistic awful characters. aaaaawwwwwwful ha ha ha ha.

no worries there’s just 3 more seasons and the hate will only grow. right in time for christmas.

She is talented, and she’s aware of her generation’s absolute thumb-sucking absurdity, or she wouldn’t be able to make her attractive young intelligent characters seem so naturally repulsive. I don’t know a lot about her, but I feel as though the show must be VERY autobiographical. The graduate school stuff is cracking me the fuck up.

ETA: I just looked her up and she’s only a few years younger than I am, so touché, me, on that generational insult.

They are all narcissists though, don’t you think? Like, literally every single person with the possible exception of Adam and maybe Hannah’s weird parents. They’re all just a different “brand” of narcissist.

I really fucking hate it that sex is only described as “fucking,” regardless of the situation. Like, even when two (ostensibly) in love people are taking about their own sex life in a tender moment, it’s still “I love you so so much and I really love fucking you.” And then in casual conversation it’s never anything else... “I fucked Shoshanna.” “Your dad fell down when he was fucking me.” “Have you let him fuck yet?” or whatever. Ugh. Maybe I’m a prude, but I don’t think I’ve ever spoken like that to someone I was actually involved with and committed to.

What a weird goddamn world.
Old 12.16.2017, 07:28 PM   #1867
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
I broke the mold apparently. I started Girls, I think I got through 2 seasons, and then gave up because i hated everyone. That said, like others have pointed out, it did introduce me to Driver, who I've enjoyed watching in other, not horrible, things.
Old 12.16.2017, 07:33 PM   #1868
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you didn’t break the mold completely... you hated everyone! (one of us, one of us, google goggle, one of us...)

but yeah i dont know why i kept watching. got hooked into the story i guess? also we made it talk-back tv, like mst3k, so that counts for something.

oh, driver was in PATERSON which is a nice little jm jarmusch thing of late.
Old 12.16.2017, 09:05 PM   #1869
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
true, not a clean break. If I wanted that, i'd have stopped despite liking the characters. *twitch*
Old 12.23.2017, 12:54 PM   #1870
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha ha ha ha ha

i’ve seen them all but it’s like new again
Old 12.23.2017, 07:24 PM   #1871
Severian
invito al cielo

I finished GIRLS and WHAAAAAAAT THE FUCK (in Adam voice).

So Adam’s story just ends like THAT? The FUCK?!

Fuck your Lena Dunham. Fuck you and the way you run and yell at the same time (which is ridiculous and is not funny, just infuriating). Fuck iou for making me care about ONE person in your show and then effectively having that person. “die off screen.”

I am steamed.
Old 12.23.2017, 07:34 PM   #1872
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I finished GIRLS and WHAAAAAAAT THE FUCK (in Adam voice).

So Adam’s story just ends like THAT? The FUCK?!

Fuck your Lena Dunham. Fuck you and the way you run and yell at the same time (which is ridiculous and is not funny, just infuriating). Fuck iou for making me care about ONE person in your show and then effectively having that person. “die off screen.”

I am steamed.
lolwut? who died when?

it cracks me up to see someone ingest this lamer saga in such a compressed fashion

so now let’s talk about all the bullshit without fear of spoilers

marnie ha ha ha ha ha haha. fuck that

and shoshana? LOL.

they are all such crap.

the other guy what’s his name with the scar did redeem himself in the end with his new finally someone alive girlfriend tho she was a bit of a cartoon rather than a character proper
Old 12.23.2017, 10:47 PM   #1873
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
lolwut? who died when?

it cracks me up to see someone ingest this lamer saga in such a compressed fashion

so now let’s talk about all the bullshit without fear of spoilers

marnie ha ha ha ha ha haha. fuck that

and shoshana? LOL.

they are all such crap.

the other guy what’s his name with the scar did redeem himself in the end with his new finally someone alive girlfriend tho she was a bit of a cartoon rather than a character proper

That’s why I put “died off screen” in quotes. That’s a figure of speech, right? Maybe not, but I’m using it.

No, he didn’t die, but we got this deeply fucking sadass episode where he convinced himself he’s going to help Hannah raise her kid, and even though it feels a little doomed, the writers knew goddamn well that’s what we wanted. I knew the ending would be imperfect (like life n stuff!) but I thought it would be imperfect in a “it’s not his kid and it’s not a perfect situation and it will likely blow up but we’re leaving it with them giving it a shot” kind of way. Like the ending of the Graduate. Yeah?

Instead he says they should get married and something unspoken happens where they both just know they’re never going to see each other again and that’s it. Adam’s whole thing was: “when I commit to something I commit,” but he didn’t even properly say “no we’re not actually doing this”

And that Jessa sex Scene was upsetting.

And then that’s it. No more Adam.

Instead, tons of Marnie. And yes, Marnie is the worst. WORST WORST WORST. Fuck! Aghhh! I didn’t even want her to succeed. I thought she’d end up somehow facilitating her husband’s OD and going to jail for it. Fucking psychopath.

I do like Hannah’s mom.

I liked Ray off and on.

I liked Elijah, just because the actor playing the little bitch was amazingly talented and from a legit Broadway ACTING!!!! background.

Of the GIRLS I had the most affection for Jessa and, oddly, Shoshana. The former seemed to have something real inside of her somewhere. The latter was just really well-acted in a weird way.

Hannah reminds me SO MUCH of a girl I dated. Except my ex was, like, really hot and didn’t know what insecurity or being called on her narcissism felt like. Even the way she smiled and delivered lines... it’s fucking uncanny, and makes me really question my godforsaken twenties all the more.

I can’t decide if it’s a legitimately good show or not, because I hated so much about it, but I can’t deny that it resonated on several levels.

Fucking Adam though. Goddamn.
Old 12.23.2017, 11:04 PM   #1874
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you feel sorry for adam?? lolololololol

i feel sorry for hannah’s student she’s gonna fuck

hannah’s mom is the mom in freaks & geeks which made me laugh so much throughout. i don’t really like her character though. she’s too nice/fucking stupid

an yeah elijah was likeable but he ddoesn’t really feature till the later seasons so i didnt wanna mention him to you when you started. he was one of the most decent people in that thing and made me laugh often.

i liked jessa sure— she’s the kind of crazy i have a history with ha ha ha. slightly mental hippy chick.

oh, i forgot when she was married to jeff! from the IT crowd! lolololololol. completely forgot that.

dunham is a good writer but my problem is that she makes her character hotter shit than she actually is. i mean in real life that person is a 0 but here magically ooooh she’s supposed to be great and people swooning over her and wanting to be her friend.

no fuckin way lolol.

but hey, delusion makes for many a tale.
Old 12.23.2017, 11:32 PM   #1875
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
you feel sorry for adam?? lolololololol

i feel sorry for hannah’s student she’s gonna fuck

hannah’s mom is the mom in freaks & geeks which made me laugh so much throughout. i don’t really like her character though. she’s too nice/fucking stupid

an yeah elijah was likeable but he ddoesn’t really feature till the later seasons so i didnt wanna mention him to you when you started. he was one of the most decent people in that thing and made me laugh often.

i liked jessa sure— she’s the kind of crazy i have a history with ha ha ha. slightly mental hippy chick.

oh, i forgot when she was married to jeff! from the IT crowd! lolololololol. completely forgot that.

dunham is a good writer but my problem is that she makes her character hotter shit than she actually is. i mean in real life that person is a 0 but here magically ooooh she’s supposed to be great and people swooning over her and wanting to be her friend.

no fuckin way lolol.

but hey, delusion makes for many a tale.

I don’t feel sorry for Adam. It’s just that I was invested in he character and instead of closure with him and Hannah — who in my mind were the show’s protagonists throughout — I got nada and a bunch of breastfeeding bullshit.

We’ve established that I love Adam and want to be friends with him. He actually reminds me a *lot* of my undergrad best friend — an art major (sculpture, obviously) — who really had a similar approach to just about everything but was more insufferable and flaky... which is why we are no longer friends.

I agree to some extent about Hannah/hotness, but have you never met a non-traditional looking woman who just by the sheer force of her personality kind of *became* hot, and was coveted by pretty much every guy they knew? Because I have. The ex I speak of was like that. Except she was really hot... just not hot in a traditional way... and Hannah is just... ehhh... y’know... I don’t want to be mean, but the words “Hubchback of Norte Dame” doesn’t NOT come to mind. (That’s mean)

The Jessas I’ve known have hated me and then grudgingly liked me and then believed themselves to be closer friends of mine than I would ever want. I lived with a very Jessaesque girl as a roommate for a couple years. I’d never have a chance in hell with that kind particular kind of crazy girl though.

I will mourn Adam silently if you don’t care to join me. *Huff!*
Old 12.24.2017, 08:19 AM   #1876
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ofc ive met people who become attractive thru charisma but this jello baby (i mean hannah not her actual baby) has anticharisma and is just fucking gross to me hahaha. gross! has the sex appeal of an infant which is to say: zero/negative/yuck. can’t think of anything more amorphous/bland/gross than that personality. that wet, open mouth of a being. but whatever, she was written as the hero, based on the claim alone that she’s the hero. just keep her the hell away from me or she’ll end up chopped up in my freezer haaa haaa haaa. ok no: thats a waste of freezer space. to the dumpster with it.
Old 12.24.2017, 11:37 AM   #1877
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
ofc ive met people who become attractive thru charisma but this jello baby (i mean hannah not her actual baby) has anticharisma and is just fucking gross to me hahaha. gross! has the sex appeal of an infant which is to say: zero/negative/yuck. can’t think of anything more amorphous/bland/gross than that personality. that wet, open mouth of a being. but whatever, she was written as the hero, based on the claim alone that she’s the hero. just keep her the hell away from me or she’ll end up chopped up in my freezer haaa haaa haaa. ok no: thats a waste of freezer space. to the dumpster with it.

HAHAAA!!! THE FUCK THAT IS SO MEAN!

“Wet open mouth of a human being.” What the? Goddammit that’s too fucking funny. Fuck you, I’m jealous. How does one think of something like that?!
Old 12.24.2017, 06:06 PM   #1878
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i dont know, i thought it was sorta obvious, she eats and sucks and talks and will not stop with any. does she ever give anything? to anyone?

strange to me that you mourn adam whereas to me he dodged a 50 cal bullet by the show’s end. his stupid plan fails he goes back. it’s supposed to be a failure but to me it’s a lucky lucky lucky thing.

on the other hand i feel supersorry for that poor fucking baby who is the vampire’s new victim. fucks sakes. no i dont think she will magically grow up ever.
Old 12.24.2017, 10:55 PM   #1879
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i dont know, i thought it was sorta obvious, she eats and sucks and talks and will not stop with any. does she ever give anything? to anyone?

strange to me that you mourn adam whereas to me he dodged a 50 cal bullet by the show’s end. his stupid plan fails he goes back. it’s supposed to be a failure but to me it’s a lucky lucky lucky thing.

on the other hand i feel supersorry for that poor fucking baby who is the vampire’s new victim. fucks sakes. no i dont think she will magically grow up ever.

Good point. He didn’t deserve her, but in fairy tale land either she would have grown up or he would have given the baby what the baby needed.

Seeing him with “Sample” made me feel like his character was racing toward fatherhood long before Hannah god knocked up by that dumbass beach rapper.

Oh well. In my brain, he and Jessa will live happily enough ever-after-ish, and defy all logic by not leading each other into a mutual relapse scenario. Maybe they’ll be fine.
Old 12.24.2017, 11:25 PM   #1880
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Good point. He didn’t deserve her, but in fairy tale land either she would have grown up or he would have given the baby what the baby needed.

who didn’t deserve who??

Quote:
Seeing him with “Sample” made me feel like his character was racing toward fatherhood long before Hannah god knocked up by that dumbass beach rapper.

adam? sure. but that has nothing to do with the horvath woman.

Quote:
Oh well. In my brain, he and Jessa will live happily enough ever-after-ish, and defy all logic by not leading each other into a mutual relapse scenario. Maybe they’ll be finde.

what logic defy what? they’re fine as a couple. the only reason they’re “bad”is because apparently dunham must punish them somehow in horvath’s name. like—he must pine for amoeba girl lolololololol. please! wishful thinking fantasy bs.

same as the unbelievable story of marnie ending up as horvath’s domestic. please... that’s just more completely arbitrary bullshit. though it was satisfying. esp. the camwhoring hahahaha. but so arbitrary.

similarly ray gets rewarded with the last-minute contrivance of an inheritance and a good/fun girlfriend. total deus ex machina. scleroderma doesnt look like that.

everyone gets their just deserts! or something. except that poor innocent “groveler”. already cursed from conception. past life karma i guess.
84919293 94 959697104144 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth