Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page DR. JOHN
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
He was at concert in a small club here in Finland and he was so great!!! Almost all the material was quite new, but it makes me so glad to hear some of my old favourites: Mama roux, Right Place Wrong Time, I Been Hoodood, Let the Good Times Roll and High Blood Pressure/Don´t You Just Know it. His voice was in a very good condition!!! During the concert I totally forgot that awful truth that I have never seen Sonic Youth live!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I like Right Place Wrong Time and I probably know another one. I know next to nothing about him but that song is pretty cool!

It's neat that he put on a good show. I've seen a handful of performers from older eras like that, and they usually just retrace their old catalogs and try to hold it all together by playing the old hits or whatever. I like to hear you say that he's playing newer stuff, props to Dr. John.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I like Right Place Wrong Time and I probably know another one. I know next to nothing about him but that song is pretty cool!

It's neat that he put on a good show. I've seen a handful of performers from older eras like that, and they usually just retrace their old catalogs and try to hold it all together by playing the old hits or whatever. I like to hear you say that he's playing newer stuff, props to Dr. John.

I think Dr. John is maybe the biggest unknown greatness!!! There are many artists, who thinks he´s great but the big audience doesn´t know him. Gris-Gris, Babylon and all the seventies albums are just fantastic! But the new ones are also very good, eventhough I have only Anutha Zone and N´Awlinz. I have to buy the other ones too!!! He had a very good band on that gig. And the best groove they had in new material, I think they played those few oldies only for the audience.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2010, 10:45 AM   #4
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I saw him when Right Place Wrong Time was brand new haHA

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth