Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ignore Lists are strange.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2006, 10:47 AM   #1
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Do people here really use them?

There's nobody here I would ever put on an ignore list, not even if Hitler and Tom Metzger were on this board would I ever put them on an ignore list.

Ignore lists inable you to communicate, especially with people you may have differences with. How will you ever understand eachother if you refuse to give people a chance of understanding?

I don't know. That's just how I am. I just am not a hateful person. Everyone who I've had differences with that I have spoken by messaging has ended up being way cool and actually closer friends.

And it would never have happened with those people if I refused to try to understand & communicate with them the differences we had with eachother.

JUST SAY NO TO IGNORE LISTS!

I posted this in hope that people try to communicate with one another instead of ignoring one another.

This world could use more communication and undersanding and less ignoring and close-mindedness.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 10:56 AM   #2
The Black Wizards
empty page

The Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's asses
I use my ignore list because life is too short to spend time trying to understand dickheads
The Black Wizards is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Wizards
I use my ignore list because life is too short to spend time trying to understand dickheads
Life is too short to waste on a forum too, but that's not stoppin' me.
Old 04.09.2006, 11:01 AM   #4
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Life is too short to waste on a forum too, but that's not stoppin' me.

Nice!
Old 04.09.2006, 11:11 AM   #5
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Wizards

Sounds like you're a pretty forgiving and understanding guy.
Old 04.09.2006, 11:26 AM   #6
hungrymoon
empty page

hungrymoon has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Funny that khchris of all people should bring this up, I for one can't think of anybody on here who gives an ignore list more of a reason to exist!
hungrymoon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 11:31 AM   #7
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrymoon
Funny that khchris of all people should bring this up, I for one can't think of anybody on here who gives an ignore list more of a reason to exist!

That's ok, Hungry.

I respect your opinion and you're way ok in my book!

No hating over here...all love!

Take care, buddy!
Old 04.09.2006, 12:24 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with ignore lists is it removes the context of really amusing ripostes from the amusing boarders (Toilet & Bowels, Truncated and many others). If only there was a setting where you could use the ignore only for deeply dull or vain or plain trolling threads... if only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:05 AM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrymoon

What about me? I heard alot of people ignore me. (ha ha)
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:14 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
What about me? I heard alot of people ignore me. (ha ha)

I think it's only the one person. You're not rabidly annoying and don't make it your pathological mission to annoy people. You're not as annoying as it might seem people think from their invective against you - I think you're just quite easy to wind up, which a lot of people enjoy (and I must stop myself from doing). Don't go getting a paranoia complex, there's a lot of people round here appreciate you, and those who don't just put it down to youthful exuberence, which is definitely a compliment to you (ie you're not old, jaded and cynical like most people).

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.11.2006, 07:19 AM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think it's only the one person. You're not rabidly annoying and don't make it your pathological mission to annoy people. You're not as annoying as it might seem people think from their invective against you - I think you're just quite easy to wind up, which a lot of people enjoy (and I must stop myself from doing). Don't go getting a paranoia complex, there's a lot of people round here appreciate you, and those who don't just put it down to youthful exuberence, which is definitely a compliment to you (ie you're not old, jaded and cynical like most people).

Well, thank you for not winding me up. I admit, I go overboard about stupid shit, but somebody has got to do it.
Thanks again

Sonic Life
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 07:31 AM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Yeah, see, this is why no-one can really lay into you for posting stupid shit - I seem to have posted nothing but crap humour over the last few days. It amuses me no end, and it would seem there's a couple of others who find it amusing... and the sort of thing you post is, similarly, fairly ridiculous, but a different kind of ridiculous. That's cool. I don't think you take yourself as seriously as another person, which means you're not seen as captain annoyance like he/she is (whoever the mysterious person that I'm thinking of is... I suspect no one will ever guess...).

Again, you're cool, don't start getting a paranoia complex, it's not the real world, it's just a bunch of bored people trying to find ways of not facing up to the fact that they have way to much time on their hands.

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 07:35 AM   #13
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

"Cocaine is God's way of saying your making way too much damn money."
-Robin Williams

Just to lighten the mood. But yeah, I do need to stop caring so much about this forum & get a normal life. & make actual 3-D friends.
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 07:36 AM   #14
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
so many words about nothing.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:38 AM   #15
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
so many words about nothing.

Damn straight. We've got nothing else better to do, trust me.
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 07:42 AM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
although i am very, very tempted to use it i really dont want to dislike anyone enough to do it.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:50 AM   #17
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The problem with ignore lists is it removes the context of really amusing ripostes from the amusing boarders (Toilet & Bowels, Truncated and many others). If only there was a setting where you could use the ignore only for deeply dull or vain or plain trolling threads... if only.

Seen, blood, seen. I had a couple of proper wastemans on ignore but it fucks up the showermans jokes, innit bredren.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 09:04 AM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Getsme blaad, innit? Brudder na see dem' a come bus a bus wit' me. Dem a some strai' tup bamber raasclaht.

Quote:
Old 04.11.2006, 12:47 PM   #19
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
although i am very, very tempted to use it i really dont want to dislike anyone enough to do it.

Really? Including me? LOL!
Old 04.11.2006, 07:57 PM   #20
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
I think I will use the ignore feature. Not for people that disagree with me, but for idiots that post about fucking nothing all the time. I get bored half to death reading some peoples posts.

I think I'll add someone now.... haha
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth