Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Shoegaze
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2007, 05:20 PM   #41
sarramkrop

Thank you, but i have the album already.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:24 PM   #42
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Shoegaze was one of those typical music-press-led scenes that built on a handful of decent releases, but which ultimately never amounted to very much at all.

The fact that Moose were probably the best of the bunch says it all really.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:33 PM   #43
SonicSam
children of satan

SonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
Yeah, try track seven:

Here

You can still buy this album so that track won't be up long. But if that's not an incentive to buy the thing I don't know what is...

yeah man, this is by far the best song on the album!

SonicSam is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 07:11 PM   #44
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Kitchens Of Distinction considering their influence (maybe someone did - I'm not checking again...). I (love) Love Is Hell and I need to track down that version of the album on CD with the EP attached at the end - Margaret's Injection is probably one of the best tracks from that whole scene...
Old 04.23.2007, 07:22 PM   #46
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
It's better than collectively jacking off over Einstürzende Neubauten and Merzbow. Every day. Oh, and Nirvana.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth