Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.19.2017, 03:01 PM   #8641
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Oh, West Ham how we hardly knew ye...

Oh, where to even start?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2017, 05:47 AM   #8642
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well bundesliga is the same subscription i use for champions-- they call it fox soccer match pass now

problem is they've bloated the interface and their video streaming is just crap. stutters like mad, blurry as fuck, works worse than before. check out the reviews in the app store. i just cancelled my subscription, which is for a full year. i could always get it later, either month to month or some other format. but right now it's out of the question to pay for something that's broken.

as for doing something with my life-- i do have a lot of work right now, so if i could do some work saturday mornings instead of spending 3-4h glued to the tv i guess there could be some benefit in "productivity" or whatever ha ha ha. same thing with mid-day cl games during the workweek (makes for very long lunch breaks)

but yeah super disappointing.

there are possible fixes, but the issue in the background is that my living situation is a bit up in the air at the moment. i mean, we have this place in the boonies, which we own outright and has tricky internet, but we might move elsewhere, with better connection, im not sure, and not sure when precisely. it's not really a housing issue but a work thing we might need to follow, actually.

things might definitely change in 3-4 months time, so it's best for us to make no commitments right now-- that might include a contract to upgrade my internet, or a satellite tv installation, or who knows what. don't wanna start them till i know where we're going... so best to make a clean break with football instead of pining--until im sure i can watch again. never been a piner. not sure that's a word?

im crazy, am i not? haaa haaa haa. fml.

Nah, that makes sense. You've got a load more important stuff to think about than a fox subscription. And 'dodgy' streaming is out of the question cos of your connection?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2017, 05:48 AM   #8643
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Oh, where to even start?

I wanna hear your thoughts so go on...

Old 08.20.2017, 07:50 AM   #8644
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Nah, that makes sense. You've got a load more important stuff to think about than a fox subscription. And 'dodgy' streaming is out of the question cos of your connection?
yeha. i could upgrade my connection and see if it works (new satellite) or get cable. but that's a lot of money and commitment that might go out the drain soon, and just for football. and it's not like i lack unfinished projects to keep me distracted-- maybe i should apply ass to chair and start writing a book i'd actually wanna read ha ha ha. or something...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2017, 05:12 PM   #8645
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I wanna hear your thoughts so go on...

I can see this being another season where relegation quickly becomes a real possibility. Hopefully Chicharito and Antonio will do enough to keep them safe but that's how it usually is: relying on one or two players to (hopefully) keep them from disaster. So, another season where mid table safety is the most I can hope for.

The owners want to sell so aren't interested in building long term. I like Bilic but I'm starting to wonder if he's the right man. But then I don't think any manager would thrive with our current owners. The players never really feel like a team. The new stadium's crap. Nothing ever feels stable at West Ham. Even when things seem to be going right (which is rare) you know they'll find a way to balls it up.

And so on.
Old 08.21.2017, 06:32 AM   #8646
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Don't worry I know that feeling well. For years it seemed like Everton were due to get relegated any season now. It's only recently that they've managed to push on a bit more.

It's gonna be interesting to see where you go from here. I'm the same with you in that I like Bilic, but can't see what he's trying to do. It doesn't help that he just looks depressed ALL the time.

Who you'd get in replacement I can't even begin to guess. Clearly it calls for a beautiful reunion with big Sam ��

One thing I've learnt about football is it's the hope that kills you in football.

Old 08.21.2017, 02:52 PM   #8647
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Watching Man City v Everton. Half time, great game so far. I take it all back about the Rooney signing.
Old 08.24.2017, 12:18 PM   #8648
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Champions League group stages have been revealed

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, Apoel

Fucking hell. Spurs might as well write off ANOTHER champions league. As for Liverpool, talk about a good draw.

Old 08.24.2017, 12:21 PM   #8649
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
holy fuck bayern psg is gonna be megawars

im gonna have to arrange to watch that at least
Old 08.24.2017, 03:13 PM   #8650
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Sigurdsson scores an absolute belter for Everton tonight

A peach of a goal
I damn near fainted

Old 08.25.2017, 11:55 AM   #8651
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Barcelona sign Dembele from Dortmund for £100m+

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ussia-dortmund
Old 08.25.2017, 12:21 PM   #8652
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Barcelona sign Dembele from Dortmund for £100m+

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ussia-dortmund
o man

borusse will go shopping

great acquisition btw. the kid's a genius
Old 08.25.2017, 01:45 PM   #8653
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Dortmund are looking at getting Draxler from PSG as a replacement, who have to sell to satisfy FFP after buying Neymar.

I'm guessing all this also puts an end to any Coutinho-to-Barca deal, and Liverpool's own interest in Draxler as a possible replacement.

What a merry-go-round, ah?
Old 08.25.2017, 01:57 PM   #8654
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha haha.

draxler back in germany is good for the bundesliga i guess

(not sure what draxler might think of this)
Old 08.26.2017, 11:37 AM   #8655
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I take no joy in saying it but I reckon that could be it now for Bilic.
Old 08.26.2017, 05:08 PM   #8656
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Totally. Who do you reckon will replace him?

Shame really cos he's a decent guy too. But nice only gets you so far

Old 08.26.2017, 07:08 PM   #8657
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Rafa's been mentioned, who I'd take in a heartbeat, but he could surely do better than West Ham if he does decide to walk away from Newcastle.

Either way, this international break is probably the best time to make the change. With players like Hart, Cresswell, Antonio, Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez already in place, there's enough quality for any new manager to come in and work with before looking to reinforce things in the January.window. I'm not pretending we're just a new manager away from CL qualification but, on paper at least, we should be about on par with a team like Southampton.
Old 08.26.2017, 07:33 PM   #8658
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
[...] this international break [...]

Speaking of, here's the state of the union :

Four games left; the next two are:

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2017, 12:10 PM   #8659
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

If Liverpool had a few decent defenders they'd be big contenders for the league this season. Easy.

If Everton actually had a decent striker they'd be contenders for scoring goals against decent opposition.

If Arsenal had some leaders and will in their team they wouldn't be getting fucked as hard as they did today.

If there wasn't a fucking international break so soon into the season I'd be happier.

Old 08.27.2017, 12:22 PM   #8660
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
If Liverpool had a few decent defenders they'd be big contenders for the league this season. Easy.

If Everton actually had a decent striker they'd be contenders for scoring goals against decent opposition.

If Arsenal had some leaders and will in their team they wouldn't be getting fucked as hard as they did today.

If there wasn't a fucking international break so soon into the season I'd be happier.
right! if grandma had wheels she'd be a bicycle

interested in your assessment of kloppo though. what's he doing?

i may not be watching but looks like i can't help pining after the strategy stories after all...
383423430431432 433 434435436443483533 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth