Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please croak today...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2008, 08:17 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Because if you don't, you are only putting off the inevitable.

Why is death such a horrible thing? Especially murder? They finally pinned the guy up against the wall in that case about the girl from Alabama who went missing in Aruba. Natalie something. It's makes you wonder though, even if he did kill her - and I'm sure he did - why does it matter? I mean, I understand that there is a moral sense among humans that says you can't just go around killing people, and I'm not trying to act like I am above that. But I have had a lot of people in my life die, and it makes you wonder if death really is so bad. I mean, look at your options. Let's say you are religious, right? Many religions preach many things, but they all include something about what will happen after you die. You will go to heaven, you will be resurrected, you will meet up with 72 - or is it 77? I can't remember - vigins in heaven. Whatever you believe, and I'm not knocking any beliefs, death sounds pretty nice. And if you aren't religious? Atheist even? Then you will no longer exist at all, and you will just be gone. But if that is true, you won't be there to know it, so what will you care anyway? And if you stand somewhere in between, not knowing what to believe, or if you should believe anything at all, then I would imagine the curiousity of what would happen at death would be so overwhelming that you would practically be begging for some punk to take you out, just to see what happens next.

I for myself, I have my beliefs. I don't want to die in any form or fashion, be it murder, stroke, car accident, what have you. But only because of the people I would leave behind, my wife and family who would miss me. And I do enjoy life; I want to be with them as well. But if, by chance, I find myself lost and cruising on the corner of Vine St. and McMicken Ave., I know when the guy is walking towards my car what is coming next. All I ask is that he be quick about it so I can get on with things.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 08:38 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
All I ask is that he be quick about it so I can get on with things.

I'm pretty good friends with him. I'll put in a good word.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 08:41 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I knew I could count on you.
Old 02.06.2008, 09:56 AM   #4
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah death shouldn't be too bad, but despite all rational reasons not to worry it'll still be the most intense moment of my life when it comes to the end.

I guess just gudda wait.
Old 02.06.2008, 10:46 AM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I've denied the idea of the state at being dead since high school. Being dead is a lack of a state of being at only exists as a way for sentient states for being to understand this lack. The state of being alive is a precious one and must be safeguarded but the fear of a lack of a state of being is like the fear of the furniture that resides in an empty room.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 12:08 PM   #6
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I think once we're out of this state we'll slap ourselves on the forehead and say "damn why did I waste all that time?"
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 12:35 PM   #7
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
well, if your will is to live doesn't it matter to you if someone attempts against your will?

It's complicated. Yes, I want to live. I'm more pointing out that while we all want to live, we aren't really sure why. With all of the explainations people have of what comes after death, what is our drive for life?
Old 02.06.2008, 12:45 PM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 05:30 PM   #9
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
It's natural. (which of course is vague, but you get the picture...no point fighting it.)
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 05:41 PM   #10
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Who killed Natalee Holloway?
Wouldn't it be weird if her father had been responsible for her disappearance?
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 05:45 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Because if you don't, you are only putting off the inevitable.

Why is death such a horrible thing? Especially murder? They finally pinned the guy up against the wall in that case about the girl from Alabama who went missing in Aruba. Natalie something. It's makes you wonder though, even if he did kill her - and I'm sure he did - why does it matter? I mean, I understand that there is a moral sense among humans that says you can't just go around killing people, and I'm not trying to act like I am above that. But I have had a lot of people in my life die, and it makes you wonder if death really is so bad. I mean, look at your options. Let's say you are religious, right? Many religions preach many things, but they all include something about what will happen after you die. You will go to heaven, you will be resurrected, you will meet up with 72 - or is it 77? I can't remember - vigins in heaven. Whatever you believe, and I'm not knocking any beliefs, death sounds pretty nice. And if you aren't religious? Atheist even? Then you will no longer exist at all, and you will just be gone. But if that is true, you won't be there to know it, so what will you care anyway? And if you stand somewhere in between, not knowing what to believe, or if you should believe anything at all, then I would imagine the curiousity of what would happen at death would be so overwhelming that you would practically be begging for some punk to take you out, just to see what happens next.

I for myself, I have my beliefs. I don't want to die in any form or fashion, be it murder, stroke, car accident, what have you. But only because of the people I would leave behind, my wife and family who would miss me. And I do enjoy life; I want to be with them as well. But if, by chance, I find myself lost and cruising on the corner of Vine St. and McMicken Ave., I know when the guy is walking towards my car what is coming next. All I ask is that he be quick about it so I can get on with things.

watchu mumblin about son?

everyone dies-- but let me die... LATER!!!!

quit moaning and enjoy another day under the sun. really. go have a steak.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2008, 05:55 PM   #12
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Old 02.07.2008, 01:31 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.

holy crap man what about the fun parts?
Old 02.07.2008, 01:53 PM   #14
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
watchu mumblin about son?

everyone dies-- but let me die... LATER!!!!

quit moaning and enjoy another day under the sun. really. go have a steak.

You buyin'? Otherwise I gotta eat the cold porkchop I brought in.
Old 02.07.2008, 01:54 PM   #15
afterthefact
invito al cielo

what can we do?
at their best, there is gentleness in Humanity.
some understanding and, at times, acts of
courage
but all in all it is a mass, a glob that doesn't
have too much.
it is like a large animal deep in sleep and
almost nothing can awaken it.
when activated it's best at brutality,
selfishness, unjust judgments, murder.
what can we do with it, this Humanity?
nothing.
avoid the thing as much as possible.
treat it as you would anything poisonous, vicious
and mindless.
but be careful. it has enacted laws to protect
itself from you.
it can kill you without cause.
and to escape it you must be subtle.
few escape.
it's up to you to figure a plan.
I have met nobody who has escaped.
I have met some of the great and
famous but they have not escaped
for they are only great and famous within
Humanity.
I have not escaped
but I have not failed in trying again and
again. before my death I hope to obtain my
life.
Old 02.07.2008, 02:04 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You buyin'? Otherwise I gotta eat the cold porkchop I brought in.

fry that up nice, with some potatoes, serve with a side of apple sauce, maybe some sauerkraut? mmm.... love a good porkchop. just make sure to avoid margarine or any artificial shit on your vegetables.

it's the small things man, the small things, that fortify you against unnecessary gloom.

then again you might need some zoloft
Old 02.07.2008, 02:40 PM   #17
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
fry that up nice, with some potatoes, serve with a side of apple sauce, maybe some sauerkraut? mmm.... love a good porkchop. just make sure to avoid margarine or any artificial shit on your vegetables.

it's the small things man, the small things, that fortify you against unnecessary gloom.

then again you might need some zoloft

I'm a happy person, albeit apathic for the most part. Content would probably be the best word.

And the porkchop is á la carte today.
Old 02.07.2008, 03:06 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm a happy person, albeit apathic for the most part. Content would probably be the best word.

And the porkchop is á la carte today.

oh. your original post betrayed a different feeling.

croak today? no, no! NOT TODAY!

anyway, enjoy lunch.
Old 02.07.2008, 03:07 PM   #19
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Each post of mine seems to portray a different person. They say left-handed people do have a tendancy towards schizophrenia...
Old 02.07.2008, 05:05 PM   #20
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
holy crap man what about the fun parts?

I'll have to ask Woody Allen. It's his quote. I just thought it was funny and true. We complain about life all the time but we also don't want to die.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth