Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I hate life.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2007, 11:22 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i agree wholeheartedly but she's in high school, those are things she'll pick up but first she has to be true to herself so she can differentiate between people like this and people that are genuinely cool people.

it's one thing to be in a work situation and another to be with the cliques and the popular dipshits etc. etc.

i usually agree with your advices, and this one is good in a more mature situation, but not in her case.

besides, i think she does handle herself well in situations like that, or so it seems.

hm.... yeah, i hear what you're saying. but some of her complaints are of a social nature, and she said somewhere that she "says nothing" when she's with people.

im not trying to say "learn to hang out with the popular dipshits", and if that's what i conveyed, i apologize. what i meant to say (if i didn't say it correctly) is learn to navigate the popular dipshits, and whatever life throws at you. she's already extremely shy, and she won't learn anything by further contracting (sorry angella, i dont mean to put you in the spot, and i do think you're really cool).

goethe said something about talent being best formed in solitude but character best formed in society-- or something like that. the talents and the solitude she's got in spades, but she needs to come out of her shell for her talents to shine outwards. that's always a tough move.

i remember when i was 14 i was super shy and i knew something was wrong ,cos i was unable to do a lot of things other kids did. so i asked my mom to take me to a shrink, because i was having problems functioning socially. long story short, the guy gave me a placebo that filled me with the idea that i had self-confidence, which gave me the courage to face my fears (sort of like dumbo's magic feather?). soon enough i was a completely different person in my outward behavior, and that opened a lot of doors, etc. but anyway, i'm not trying to write an autobiography, just to explain what i mean here about people needing to come out of their shells.

so, hm. yeah. i just ate some flounder and it was GOOD.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 11:24 PM   #22
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Angella, I used to be in your place, and from experience I can tell you that if you work your ass off, and don't give up you will be fine. Remember that your problems are temporary, that is something I learned the hard way. But it is true.
Yeah, I've definitely been trying. And I've been in the mindset lately that the things I do won't matter a year from now (mainly just me fretting over a speech I wrote that is complete shit) so I should just get it done with and move on.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 11:28 PM   #23
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, Angella do the things and move on. A healthy way is to laugh at your past mistakes, and learn from them. But also remember that one bad experience does not neccesarily mean it will always be like that. So you have to learn to differentiate which ones where bad for life, and which are okay to re-try.

!@#$%!- I think I know what you mean, I was an extrovert, and now that i am comfortable with myself I talk to people for no reason. It is just that I was shy, and that whole fiasco earlier this year, and so forth.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:34 AM   #24
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Just one thing, be careful to avoid posting your problems on an interweb forum... just saying...
Old 11.01.2007, 01:46 AM   #25
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
Too much homework, hardly any sleep, no time for food, minimal friends, maximum anxiety at school from the gross of people. I wish I had the balls to Cobain myself.

Blah blah teenage angst blah blah. I just need a distraction.

Why is it that I have every reason to be incredibly depressed and want to kill myself but don't, and instead relish my meaningless trapped existence of being a young man with severe mental issues who doesn't have the desire to overcome his shortcomings because everything in the world has left him with a sour taste in his mouth?

Maybe it is just like everything else. I don't desire a girlfriend enough to get one. I don't desire to move out enough to do it. I don't desire to really make a go of music to do it. I don't desire eternal silence enough either.

*shrug*

Anyways. . . there is always something else to wait for or something else to do. You could kill yourself, but then you won't get a chance to listen to SY's next album or see them or again. And you won't be able to ever enjoy apple pie again. Or to masturbate again.

Apple pie is a great reason not to kill yourself.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 02:51 AM   #26
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Yeah life at the moment is kinda crap. School is a bunch of shit and all we get is fucking homework. Haven't had free time in ages.
Old 11.01.2007, 04:33 AM   #27
sarramkrop

Take a walk around places like this:

They might give you some inspiration.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 05:21 AM   #28
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Vagina! Cock! Cunt! Prick! Tits! Anus!

Help me Dr. Phil! You are my only hope.

Ps: What a load of hogwash.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 05:59 AM   #29
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Too much homework, hardly any sleep, no time for food, minimal friends, maximum anxiety at school from the gross of people. I wish I had the balls to Cobain myself.

Blah blah teenage angst blah blah. I just need a distraction.

this place is the perfect distraction. hope you feel better soon.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 06:11 AM   #30
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I've nothing to add that won't sound patronising.

Basically, it's life. You gotta live with it.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 06:22 AM   #31
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
The Cobain comment was half-sarcastic ..just part of my lame/sick humor. Eee.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 06:36 AM   #32
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Fair enough. I do like the phrase "Cobaining" though.
Old 11.01.2007, 07:51 AM   #33
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the gross of people.

I feel yr pain.

people.....

*shudders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
too much vajayjay talk, if you want my opinion.

don't deny the girl her simple pleasures.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 12:14 PM   #34
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
Just focus on school work / what you are good at doing. Chill with the other stuff.

There seems to be, especially in college, almost this manic social pressure, that if you're not a piece of some Jungian Zune Monkey Mess then there's something wrong with you. This is not accurate. [aside: This is perpetrated by professors (possibly unconsciously) who benefit from uncomfortable students.]

Social navigation IS important, but it is not worth losing sleep over. If you excel with your passion and do good work, then people come to you and will be more willing to forgive an awkward phrase or social gaffe.

Also moderate internet, minimal television, more walking, and a box of dependent creatures or plants.

This post has been brought to you by Dr. Kloriel from the "Yeah, Like That" Association. Repeatedly kidnapping Busta Rhymes since 1954.
Kloriel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 12:34 PM   #35
sarramkrop

Stop whinging and get on with your own life. That might really help.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 12:37 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloriel
Also moderate internet, minimal television, more walking, and a box of dependent creatures or plants.

YES
Old 11.01.2007, 12:41 PM   #37
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Vagina! Cock! Cunt! Prick! Tits! Anus!

Help me Dr. Phil! You are my only hope.

Ps: What a load of hogwash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTmHS-T5dLA

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 12:52 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The Cobain comment was half-sarcastic ..just part of my lame/sick humor. Eee.

I seem to be the only one who noticed.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 12:53 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

ha ha ha

i love that fucking scene

when her dad sez "rimjob". priceless
Old 11.01.2007, 01:02 PM   #40
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll be ok Anngella.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth