Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page FaltyDL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2010, 01:08 PM   #21
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Sweet, I got some d/l'ing on the ol' Seek as we speak.

I saw Lightning Bolt last night, that was fucking insane. LIARS are playing tonight, actually! Haha! I kinda want to go, as I actually kinda dig Sisterworld now (I think their next album will be great, honestly, I think they're trying to mature their songwriting a bit), but it's like $15 and an hour away, and after last night... well... I don't know, I'm pretty exhausted... too much body odor last night, also, haha.

here's the ikonika track
http://www.mediafire.com/?dfr3c9wbn2rlb6r = smuck
http://www.mediafire.com/?abgwwcmo5de20x9 = we could be ikons
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjqb3vfg2sd3h0q = space ugly

hopefully those links work, if not lemme know

woah, we wrote those messages at the same time ahah. I wish I could see Lightning Bolt, they're one of those bands on my "must see" list. I saw Monotonix at Dour Festival and the energy of a band playing amongst the crowd (plus Monotonix's energy) made me eager to see them... I heard Liars were great live, but I don't know if I'd go and see them if it was an hour away. I'd have gone if it was for Drum's Not Dead tour, but though I like Sisterworld, I'm not that into it either.
(oh by the way, I remember you enjoyed High Tone, I saw them at Dour too and they were fucking awesome. At one point they played a dark track that turned all of a sudden into super violent hyperspeed drum&bass which just slayed the dancefloor, it was mad. Seeing them again in October, can't wait!)

Thanks for those Ikonika tracks! (and I finally found a way to download your mix)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2010, 01:10 PM   #22
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man, Ikonika + Eero Johannes! How fucking awesome is that! Eero is not my favorite skweee artist, but he still rules!
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2010, 01:28 PM   #23
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Well, I think also we both have a very particular sense of humor. I think people on here know me pretty well, but people on other boards have gotten upset when I joke around about music. I mean, I'll listen to drone and be like "man, this is some badass dude-holding-down-one-key-on-a-keyboard-for-30-minutes shit!" and people will get pissed. Even though I love the music, I don't take it seriously; hell, I promote Scissor Shock with things like "music to give you a migraine!"

Thanks for the reccomendations, Babe Rainbow is badass.

BTW, Mr. Fox, I really think you'd dig the new Scissor Shock. And trust me, I'd never reccomend that stuff to you before, but this new album is something else. Since I was listening to dubstep for the whole recordng process, there's parts that are rhythmically very bizarre (loud snares) and grimey, and there's a lot of little acid techno parts, mixed in with some xylophones and some downright melodic keyboard lines and pop parts. It sounds really broken but complex, I actually think it'd be right up your alley. Even Glice likes it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8FEPZCU

It's only 41mb/32 minutes, so it's nothing too taxing to take in, I'm really interested in your opinion on it, it's a lot more electronic than other releases while still feeling really human. If nothing else, the bass guitar parts sound weird as hell (it's just a regular electric guitar, tuned down 2 1/2 steps!) The title track took 2 years to write!

Glad you like Odan, he has another little ep too. Gives away all his shit for free. Some of the weirdest acid bass stuff. Really cool. Just great, really addictive. I also HIGHLY reccomend reshape - dance paradox, probably my favorite electronic album of the past 2 years, I know I mention it a lot, but it's SO addictive, almost ikonika-addictive. Have you heard Ikonilka's "Smuck" or "Space Ugly"? Those are pretty rare songs (er, they're not on Hyperdub at least!). I could up 'em for you if you need em. She's also done some badass remixes.

BTW, do you know if Mono/Poly's AMAZING track "Beatles Bitch" has a Beatles sample? I was wondering if that "OHHH OHHH OHHH" thing was from a Beatles song.

One more thing, I made a mix, and since I've enjoyed your mixes in the past, I figured I'd post this, it's gotten a really good reaction on other boards, I know you know half the songs -- hell, you got me into a 4th of the groups on here -- but I think the ones you don't know, you'd dig. Omni Trio's "Kinetic" for example is probably in my top 10 elctronic songs ever.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLWX607H

I think I'm going to listen to FaltyDL right now!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.

because you put takada on the pole

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2010, 08:32 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yea I just needed a little 10-15 second intro that didn't make sense with the rest of the mix, that's why I put it there haha.

also, fox, thanks for checking on, and you're welcome re: the tracks, I'm a bit obsessed with ikonika now so I was really glad to find them!!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth