Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sorry about this, but I've got yet another EP out today!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2011, 06:07 AM   #1
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
It's called 'Spires, Spirals and Stones', and the title track is one I wrote as a tribute to Peter Christopherson.
I'm afraid this one isn't a freebie, but at least you get one of those cute 3" cds and an A3 poster and photo I took from the train on my way to what turned out to be Throbbing Grisle's last ever gig, on 23 October last year.
You can get it here http://heatdeathrecords.bandcamp.com...als-and-stones

I won't bother you again for at least a couple of months, I promise.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
If atsonicpark and I can make thread after thread promoting our music then you certainly can.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 12:13 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
...Uhhh...

well, yeah, bloodbeach, there's no rules on this website, period (blessing and a curse), and there's no reason to apologize. Just being able to get one fan is hard, since most people don't listen -- for various reasons (one thing, there's just TOO MUCH SHIT OUT THERE, too much consume; another thing is most people just don't seem to have "the time" for new music) -- and I suggest using any means possible. Potentially annoying someone (who is jealous and/or just looking for a reason to be annoyed -- if a thread bothers someone that much, why would they bother even looking at it?) is worth it, in the face of potentially gaining a fan.

So, please continue to advertise your music all day, it sure beats another thread about Deerhunter or some garbage. I like to read about good music. I like to know creators of good music. There's no reason whatsoever to apologize, music is music -- good music is good music -- and music can be difficult to create, so why not share your gifts with the world? Really, discovering new music, and preferably good music (I'd say movies, too, but I feel like I've seen just about any movie that'd ever interest me at this point, whereas music still feels pretty limitless), is the only reason I even bother getting online.

Keep up the good work, my friend.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
What atsonicpark said.

By the way, I've always liked your stuff, the more quiet sounding pieces remind me of William Basinski who is like my favourite musician ever.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks guys! I just didn't want to come across as a spammer.

Thanks Derek for the kind words about my music - it's nice to know that it doesn't always fall on deaf ears.

Old 03.10.2011, 06:08 AM   #6
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

You know I said I wouldn't be bothering you for a while.....
Well it seems I was wrong :-)

I have yet another EP out on the French label Entropy Records. It's called ...from dreams... and it's a 3" cdr, limited to 100 copies and costs 7 euros.

you can get it here:- http://www.entropy-records.com/release4008.htm

I have a vested interest in selling this EP, not only because I'd like you to hear my music, but for the first time I stand to actually make a little out of a release!

OK. That's it. There's nothing on the horizon until the end of April now.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth