Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me (3CD/3LP)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2010, 01:17 PM   #161
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
guifuy
Old 05.24.2010, 02:08 PM   #162
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
She is one beautiul woman...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2010, 10:03 PM   #163
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I love Joanna Newsom. Can not stand this album. I don't have 120 minutes to dedicate solely to harps and strangled kittens.

Erm.....I'm confused.
Old 05.24.2010, 10:10 PM   #164
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
On a side note, In California is my favourite song on the album right now. Amazing.

Isn't it though? Some of the songs on here are Astral Weeks Esque.

Baby Birch is a minimalist masterpiece.

The lyrics on this album are stunningly beautiful and heartfelt. Ys's goblins and mushrooms can't compete with this.
Old 05.24.2010, 10:32 PM   #165
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
I will admit she has some really, really good songs on this. I generally detest her schtick and the affectations of her earlier work and freak folk in general.... but she DOES have songwriting talent even if she sometime borders on precocious introvert-girl singing to her bunnies and catepillars and shit. it's easy to get turned off by the kind of people that listen to a band without actually spending time with the music.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2010, 06:17 PM   #166
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I just got back from seeing her live, and fucking hell she was amazing. The performances, the sound, the new live arrangements, everything. Perfect. I can't really put into words quite how much she's one of my favourite people in music right now.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 09:39 AM   #167
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Was trombone guy there?

He is epic.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 05:12 PM   #168
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I bought the 3lp of this last week, its bloomin wonderful

You know when you listen to something and you dont follow where you are with it, but the little motifs and tunes stick in your head, and it gradually builds up like a magic eye picture until you see the whole. Im in that early stage with this, delighted that im gonna be able to find my way to the end

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2011, 07:27 AM   #169
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
This album is GOLD for that feeling.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2011, 11:50 AM   #170
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

I'd only heard the name of this girl..... glad I stuck this thread out because this image is magical. Plus there were hot girl pics and a quitting tantrum. A+ thread.........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth