Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2016, 01:11 PM   #19441
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
jeezus fucking christ man, now you're being a next-level donkey

what does your asinine opinion on a film have to do with a major life crisis?

it's like--- those two things are equivalent to you?

now i really believe you're acting like a proper dunce

someone though you said something stupid

it's gotta be the end of the world. because it's gotta. the end. of the world. i mean. how can it be. that they think that. major crimes. your image.

i'm sorely unequipped to say this in a different way, but i think you're being narcissistic and hysterical

and that's exactly why i can't argue this out with you

madness

Not equating the two at all. Just saying I'm surprised at how utterly prickish you've been, as we've always gotten along swimmingly. I'll delete it just so it doesn't perplex you any further.

Fuck it. If you can't be bothered to acknowledge what I've written in response to your tantrum, you shouldn't have thrown the tantrum. I have no idea why you made the decision to get huffy and pissy and serious about this, and then belittle my seriousness.

Again, this is all quite pathetic, I expected better of you, and you should be embarrassed.

You were not equipped to be part of this disicssion.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2016, 01:19 PM   #19442
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
you fellerz gonna wrastle or aintz ya

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2016, 01:26 PM   #19443
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Not equating the two at all. I'll delete it just so it doesn't perplex you any further.

Fuck you. If you can't be bothered to read what I've written in response to your tantrum, you shouldn't have thrown the tantrum. Again, this is all quite pathetic, I expected better of you, and you should be embarrassed.
this is perplexing to me because i think you're the one in tantrum mode and behaving embarrassingly. but we're different people so perspectives vary.

i'm not saying this to offend you, but i'm sorry i can't take your words seriously as discussion. only as a serious emotional reaction, but not for content. i get that you're enraged, but i don't follow the arguments of the rant.

i'm sorry i had a role in triggering this outburst, but fuck, i really think you're off your rocker at the moment, and this makes any "discussion" pointless.

let's just stop talking for the day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2016, 02:42 PM   #19444
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

But Pegg's writing credit was one of the first big pieces of news surrounding the film. I'm surprised you didn't know about it.

somehow i missed it. seriously.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2016, 02:57 PM   #19445
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this for fucks sake. this thread makes me sad. i'd hope SY folk wouldn't act like kindergartners. how do you get through life dismissing other people's opinions? You both have opinions. leave it at that. We're talking about movies! we have to insult another's intelligence because they don't think the same way about a particular movie? that's ridiculous.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2016, 03:54 PM   #19446
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
this for fucks sake. this thread makes me sad. i'd hope SY folk wouldn't act like kindergartners. how do you get through life dismissing other people's opinions? You both have opinions. leave it at that. We're talking about movies! we have to insult another's intelligence because they don't think the same way about a particular movie? that's ridiculous.
stop being so damned reasonable, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Old 09.01.2016, 10:20 PM   #19447
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Meanwhile, I'm upset no one is complaining about the fact that I have never seen Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction. I figured i'd be ostracized by now.
Old 09.01.2016, 10:45 PM   #19448
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound

I agree completely. I myself have no problems with anyone's opinion, and I wouldn't think to try to drag someone through the dirt because they said this or that thing that totally doesn't matter "sucks." Even if I really loved that thing.

I wish I hadn't sunk to the level of throwing insults around. It wasn't my best moment. Not proud of it. Should have just written off the nasty comments and moved on. I was disappointed though, and it brought out a bunch of nasty energy.
Old 09.01.2016, 11:00 PM   #19449
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
this is perplexing to me because i think you're the one in tantrum mode and behaving embarrassingly. but we're different people so perspectives vary.

i'm not saying this to offend you, but i'm sorry i can't take your words seriously as discussion. only as a serious emotional reaction, but not for content. i get that you're enraged, but i don't follow the arguments of the rant.

i'm sorry i had a role in triggering this outburst, but fuck, i really think you're off your rocker at the moment, and this makes any "discussion" pointless.

I tried to talk to you privately. You didn't respond, and decided to keep being unjustifiably rude publically. I don't frankly buy what you're saying. You know I'm not "enraged." You know I' disappointed and confused by why you'd opt to talk to me, or anyone, like such a prick. Implying that I'm somehow hysterical just feeds my belief that you're being intentionally nasty, for the stupidest possible reason.

Somehow it's my fault though, for expecting you to do something — anything — other than say dismissive and insulting things. And for getting roughly as "enraged" at your incessant insults as you did when I said Amadeus sucked. So I don't believe you think I'm off my rocker, because you'd have to believe the same thing about yourself. Surely, if it's insane to get defensive about direct insults, it must be downright psychotic to react that way to someone insulting an inanimate object.
Old 09.01.2016, 11:11 PM   #19450
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 09.01.2016, 11:12 PM   #19451
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Meanwhile, I'm upset no one is complaining about the fact that I have never seen Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction. I figured i'd be ostracized by now.

reservoir dogs i don't particularly like but duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you have to watch Pulp Fiction. have. to.watch.it

Old 09.01.2016, 11:15 PM   #19452
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
reservoir dogs i don't particularly like but duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you have to watch Pulp Fiction. have. to.watch.it

See Django.
Old 09.01.2016, 11:22 PM   #19453
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Much better. I didn't even get ostracized. I'll take it.
Old 09.01.2016, 11:53 PM   #19454
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I tried to talk to you privately. You didn't respond, and decided to keep being unjustifiably rude publically. I don't frankly buy what you're saying. You know I'm not "enraged." You know I' disappointed and confused by why you'd opt to talk to me, or anyone, like such a prick. Implying that I'm somehow hysterical just feeds my belief that you're being intentionally nasty, for the stupidest possible reason.

Somehow it's my fault though, for expecting you to do something — anything — other than say dismissive and insulting things. And for getting roughly as "enraged" at your incessant insults as you did when I said Amadeus sucked. So I don't believe you think I'm off my rocker, because you'd have to believe the same thing about yourself. Surely, if it's insane to get defensive about direct insults, it must be downright psychotic to react that way to someone insulting an inanimate object.
hey hey there--- your private message said "fuck you"

i said one thing about you-- "you're sorely unequipped to talk about the great milos forman." you said like 500 things about me i couldn't bother responding to. i mean-- which one was it?

you said something stupid about a movie you know nothing about and i responded gruffly. yes, i got impatient with it. i'm rude when i get impatient.

the other day i criticized superhero movies you called me dumb and i said nothing because i figured it was par for the course though. i didn't cry or make a stink.

today you don't like that you think i said you were stupid and you turn into a major drama queen, demand that i feel shame, and go off like a lunatic, write whole treatises about how i should feel ashamed.

so out of hand you got that you even brought some of your private business into it. when you told me about it i heard you out and thought i treated you respectfully and compassionately and with the discretion you requested.

but suddenly you feel butthurt and turn yourself into a spectacle

i didn't make you overreact or behave ridiculously-- that was your choice.

if you don't think you did that, then we have incompatible views. different ethos.

for the record, if there's a little space to address the actual discussion that unleashed 10,000 tears, i didn't think that you were stupid-- just fucking ignorant.

me, i'm fucking ignorant about hiphop. i can't talk with any authority about it. there's a bunch of shit i don't know shit about. like--baseball. fuck if i understand a thing about it. i can't go and talk shit about something i don't understand. i'm ignorant about superman too-- the fuck if i know what kind of soil they had in krypton. you probably do.

so yeah, people can be ignorant. and you're ignorant too about a lot of things. i hope that realization doesn't cause you to despair. that's just life.

i did think you got stupid afterwards though-- when you felt offended and ran wiht i? uau. that was... something.

like, "will someone give this man a tranquilizer before he strangles on his tongue?"

and with that-- what chance was there to address the original dispute? train went off the rails.

sorry but i can't offer the time to continue feeding your histrionics. really, no. it would go on forever. who the fuck has the time?

seeya.
Old 09.02.2016, 12:07 AM   #19455
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Much better. I didn't even get ostracized. I'll take it.
ostracizing you isn't likely to convince you to watch Pulp Fiction now is it

Old 09.02.2016, 04:25 AM   #19456
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

pulp fiction is probably my favorite movie ever!
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2016, 07:31 AM   #19457
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
hey hey there--- your private message said "fuck you"

i said one thing about you-- "you're sorely unequipped to talk about the great milos forman." you said like 500 things about me i couldn't bother responding to. i mean-- which one was it?

you said something stupid about a movie you know nothing about and i responded gruffly. yes, i got impatient with it. i'm rude when i get impatient.

the other day i criticized superhero movies you called me dumb and i said nothing because i figured it was par for the course though. i didn't cry or make a stink.

You said more than one thing, man. I think you have missed the entire point of everything, perhaps even your own post.

I don't know "nothing" about your precious film. Seen it more times than I can count. Curious as to what it is that I'm ignorant of.

And yes, I technically said you were dumb. Like this:

"... In other words, comic books rule, I'm not dumb YOU'RE dumb
Clearly not a real dig. It was playful and openly so. If you had taken offense though, I would have apologized.

I know you don't think I'm stupid. I don't think I'm stupid. But you acted like an asshole, and that's all there is to it.

Yeah, see ya.
Old 09.02.2016, 05:32 PM   #19458
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

We all have movies, books, album holes, no need to judge people for that. You'll get to it when the time is right for you, or you won't.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2016, 07:26 AM   #19459
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You're definitely not seeing straight on this one. You may not like Severian's dismissal of Amadeus, but to suggest that he's somehow 'unequipped' to criticise it is patronising in the extreme, whether you meant it like that or not. It also elevates the film and the maker way above their actual level. For me Amadeus represents the very worst kind of middlebrow cinema, which of course is exactly the kind that the Academy and the broadsheet critics love. I'm only surprised you could feel so inspired to lash out over it the way you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Fools.

In which case, guilty as charged
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2016, 08:35 AM   #19460
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You're definitely not seeing straight on this one. You may not like Severian's dismissal of Amadeus, but to suggest that he's somehow 'unequipped' to criticise it is patronising in the extreme, whether you meant it like that or not.

i wasn't trying to be patronizing, just rude. was meant more as a "shut the fuck up", but... personalized

Quote:
It also elevates the film and the maker way above their actual level.
a rhetorical fluorish in the service of picking a fight. maybe.

Quote:
For me Amadeus represents the very worst kind of middlebrow cinema, which of course is exactly the kind that the Academy and the broadsheet critics love. I'm only surprised you could feel so inspired to lash out over it the way you have.

it wasn't amadeus that inspired me!

sometimes people get on my nerves

(but of course the movie had a role in this)

as for the discussion of the film proper, would be great to separate it from the criticism of my actions to avoid muddling things--like if amadeus is objectively good i'm justified and if it's objectively bad i'm not justified. the movie and my actions are not the same thing and there is no transitive property here.

but only if you want to actually talk about the film though. otherwise it's an empty exercise.
873923963970971972 973 97497597698310231073 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth