Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page The Destroyed Room is a 79:33 minutes long release
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.18.2006, 06:55 PM   #41
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Hey !!!!!

A little help on my above request ?......someone must know !!

Please .....

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 09:21 PM   #42
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
I'm going to keep bumping this till I can get some kind of fucking answer !!!

Miles Davis
Old 12.18.2006, 09:32 PM   #43
against_the_grain
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
why does it matter? if we already have "is it my body" on dirty delux, why would it matter if they decided to take it out of the destroyed room comp?

maybe they inittialy planned to put it on there, and decided to take it off (id guess to encourage people to buy dirty delux if they want the song)...but it doesnt matter. i dont see the point in the "whys" here.

I wanted to know if I got a flawed copy or maybe an import has more tracks....and then The Bedroom that's supposed to have added lyrics...

What's wrong with wanting to be informed....it's got alot more substance than so much of the crap/filler that pollutes this forum....I'm meticulous with my collection and knowledge is not a bad thing....questioning is always encouraged in a learning environment....

I understand they could have done what you suggest....but I'd like to know definately......gotta problem with that ?

Miles Davis
Old 12.18.2006, 09:50 PM   #44
against_the_grain
stalker

Quote:
okaye, i see what yr saying. i highly dobt ya got a flawed copy. it would be virtually impossible to get a flawed copy to where the track listing and the actual music on the cd were both flawed.

and ya know, google would probally work wonders as to figuring out wether or not theres an import version with a different track listing, instead of wating all day for someone to respond.

nope, i dont "have a problem with that", i just think its a little wierd, and lazy.

I've done searches and haven't found any info on what had been posted here...about The Bedroom or Is it my Body. And I figured with the hardcore SY fans here someone might be able to shed some light on it. Like how'd 'they' get 'their' info.....Inquiring minds like to know.

I DO have a Colin Newman cd from '88 called 'It Seems' that lists 11 tracks and my cd only has 10...so it's not like my scenario hasn't happened to me....I've been collection music since my first bought LP in 1968...so I'm not new to wondering about things like this.....just so you'll know. I've had other abberations and oddities peculiar to my acquisitions...

Miles Davis
Old 12.18.2006, 10:05 PM   #45
against_the_grain
stalker

Quote:
well, only thing i can say then (since no one else seems to have any info, or is refusing to give it out) is that if there is indeed more than one version of the destroyed room, the info will be out very soon.

i recomend checking some online japanese/euro record storees and seeing what their copies of destroyed room look like.

that would be a goiod wy to answer yr question maybe.

Will do...and I have no quarrel with you. Sorry if I came off arrogantly...

Miles Davis
Old 12.20.2006, 02:42 PM   #46
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
i reckon they must have decided to drop it from the album in the last moments. it's no longer listed in the official tracklist on his very site either:
http://www.sonicyouthmedia.com/alt-m...troyedpop.html

i think it's actually a good decision to leave it off since it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the stuff on there anyway.

edit: on the news page it says that "doctor's rrders (t vox)" and "is it my body?" will be bonus tracks on the vinyl edition.
"the bedroom" with lyrics was never supposed to be on this... that song, "the destroyed room", is just where the title comes from. it's on the maxi-single of youth against fascism and also on dirty deluxe.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 04:03 PM   #47
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I just got it I think its a great release
guitarpro is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 07:07 PM   #48
against_the_grain
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpro
I just got it I think its a great release

Yesspurs.....I hear more and more with each listen. I like that in music....the subtleties.

Miles Davis
Old 01.01.2007, 02:23 AM   #49
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses
well, i got it as a x-mas gift, and it hasn't is it my body on it. i live in germany.
i also think it wouldn't fit into this wonderful selection of rather dreamy tracks. i love this record.
Old 01.01.2007, 04:08 AM   #50
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
leave "goo" out of this!

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2007, 02:14 PM   #51
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I like the Destroyed Room much better than Rather Ripped. They compiled it very well. The albums flows very good from one track to another.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2007, 02:43 PM   #52
JohnEsmoke
little trouble girl

JohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's asses
I bought this album a few days ago and it's wonderfull... It seems like it is a following of SYR 1. A lot of instrumental and a lot of impro like "Fire engine.." "Fauxhemians" or "beautifull plateau". And also "Loop Cat" a great moment of Jim action ! They choose to focus on the last days era and it's a good choice ! nostalgia really sucks !
JohnEsmoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 11:37 AM   #53
James Blonde
bad moon rising

James Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard sucka
James Blonde wonders why Diamond Sea is said to be oldest song at the compilation while there's also Razor Blade?
James Blonde is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 12:37 AM   #54
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Granted it wouldn't exactly "flow" with the rest of the album, but i would love to have seen "my arena" on here.Thats my favorite Sy b-side and i feel it gets no respect. "pass me a joint, joint joint"
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 12:58 AM   #55
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Fire Engine Dream's one of my new SY favorites. I absoluely love this b-sides album. I wasn't expecting much at first, but now after hearing it 3 or 4 times, I think it's even better than some of the regular SY LP's.

EDIT: 3,000 posts
Old 01.03.2007, 05:59 AM   #56
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
yes, it truly exceeds my expectations. I'm a happy guy.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 09:14 AM   #57
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Shame on me I haven't listened to it yet!
I'm going to remedy that.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 10:27 AM   #58
James Blonde
bad moon rising

James Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard sucka
Quote:
well, techically speaking these songs came out around the same damned time....good point.

im sure the diamond sea was written first though...

razor blade was a last minute sorta thing.
James Blonde wonders if Diamond Sea is about Kim's pregnancy.
James Blonde is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 12:17 PM   #59
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
That Loop Cat track is just awesome!!!!
a-w-e-s-o-m-e !!!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2009, 09:57 PM   #60
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
beautiful plateau. I can listen to this song on repeat forever.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth