Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Liner Notes....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 01:39 AM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Now, since some SY albums have been out for over two decades, the liner notes that come with the remastered copies are mostly pretty funny. The liner notes in Sister entitled "Phoner" is just plain hilarious. Imagine talking to Thurston about getting an erection from his music. Now that's sonic love. The Evol notes are pretty good and fitting. The notes about two (basically) runaway girls that go to California to get experience (and to carve "suk for honesty" on their chests. Are there any other good liner notes and do they change every so often? Or do they stick to surfaces for awhile?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:40 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
All of those liner notes were added to the pre-Geffen albums when they were reissued on DGC between 1993 and 1995. As far as I know, the same liners are available in all DGC versions of those albums. You can read them all on the sonicyouth.com discography.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:41 AM   #3
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
All of those liner notes were added to the pre-Geffen albums when they were reissued on DGC between 1993 and 1995. As far as I know, the same liners are available in all DGC versions of those albums. You can read them all on the sonicyouth.com discography.

That's cool. Didin't know that...

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:08 AM   #4
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Liners of the Sonic Youth EP reissue are very interesting too ; especially the Richard Edson 's, if you want my advise...

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 03:21 AM   #5
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i always loved the stuff in sister with cubby the 13 year old.

but i knew that had to've been added because they mention dirty
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth