Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2007, 05:23 PM   #141
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Talksport's gonna be brilliant entertainment for the next few days.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 07:45 PM   #142
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Right, I'm off home for a tube of pringles, possibly a pizza, some beer, and England vs Croatia on the telly.

I'm torn between i) wanting us to qualify because, well, I'm an English football fan, and ii) wanting us to fail because we're always crap in the finals of these tournaments anyway and it's better to get the national embarressment over and done with at an early stage.

(Do we have any Croats on the board?)

i'm not Croatian, but i'm Irish so fuck it Stevie!! we are shite also...

but

yr still a Chelsea rentboy... how d'ya explain that??
Old 11.21.2007, 07:49 PM   #143
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
What a hilarious night of football. Steve McClaren's gotta be dead by now..
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 08:58 PM   #144
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
the only sport that has my seal of approval, i love playing as well. my knees are a bit worse for wear though because i played when i was younger and i was doing a cruyff turn and some big ass bitch on the other team slammed into my knee. i've also had entire fingernails ripped off playing keeper. great fun.
Old 11.22.2007, 01:58 AM   #145
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
You know, Cantanky, sometimes you say the hottest things.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2007, 05:55 AM   #146
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
mcclaren is gone. sacked as of 10am today....

england were absolutely dire. the only player out there that looked good was peter crouch and possibly darren bent but the rest were at 6s and 7s. croatia were a strong team and i reckon will win euro 08 but england... no excuses, terrible terrible performance....... and what was with the pitch, it looked like a game from the 1970s on espn classic!

at least england were slightly better than ireland.... venables for the irish job now i reckon!
Old 11.22.2007, 08:31 AM   #147
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
mcclaren is gone. sacked as of 10am today....

england were absolutely dire. the only player out there that looked good was peter crouch and possibly darren bent but the rest were at 6s and 7s. croatia were a strong team and i reckon will win euro 08 but england... no excuses, terrible terrible performance....... and what was with the pitch, it looked like a game from the 1970s on espn classic!

at least england were slightly better than ireland.... venables for the irish job now i reckon!

Frank Lampard, man of the match??!
There was clearly some funky substance in the press box water.

Well yeah he's gone now, i feel sorry for the poor sod. The players were awful, Wayne Bridge had a mare, Frank the Plank was nowhere, Gerrard was running around like a headless chicken.
Bring in Jose

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2007, 08:43 AM   #148
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
As I'm a Chelsea fan, Jose is, obviously, a bit of a God to me. But nevertheless I reckon he'd be a terrible England manager. His ego wouldn't be able to cope with not having complete control of his players, and I think he'd hate the lack of day-to-day football work. He wouldn't last five minutes.

Before a new England manager is picked, something needs to be done about the old farts who are picking him. Brian Barwick is heading up the selection panel - well he's the guy who appointed McLaren, who everyone knew wasn't up to the job, so he doesn't exactly have a good track record, does he?
Old 11.22.2007, 05:36 PM   #149
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
As I'm a Chelsea fan, Jose is, obviously, a bit of a God to me. But nevertheless I reckon he'd be a terrible England manager. His ego wouldn't be able to cope with not having complete control of his players, and I think he'd hate the lack of day-to-day football work. He wouldn't last five minutes.

Before a new England manager is picked, something needs to be done about the old farts who are picking him. Brian Barwick is heading up the selection panel - well he's the guy who appointed McLaren, who everyone knew wasn't up to the job, so he doesn't exactly have a good track record, does he?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/7107060.stm

"Mourinho 'rules out' England post"

Radio 5 Live's football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "Mourinho is apparently champing at the bit to return to football management.
"But not for a job, however lucrative and high profile, that only allows him to do what he does so well - working with players - a couple of times every few months".

Looks like you have a BBC alterego, thats some fine punditry

Old 11.29.2007, 05:19 PM   #150
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
GO ON THE SPURS... you thought i ws all over at half time then bam! 3 goals.... victory!

why cant spurs play like the second half all the time!

oh yeah.... the uefa cup game against aalkmaar im talking about!
Old 11.29.2007, 05:33 PM   #151
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Yeah, bit worried about the general state of the midfield in the first half though, Zokora and Jenas were playing like David Batty times 2. I wonder if he'll give 352 a go from the start against Birmingham.

Old 11.30.2007, 06:52 AM   #152
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

zokora really bucked up in th second half tho. i just donthave much faith in dawson and boateng looks quite the little package! and give huddlestone a good go out, i think he is a star for the future. as for robbie, man he looks aged now, he is really starting to slow down, he was anonymous in the second half!
Old 12.02.2007, 10:45 AM   #153
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

the draw has been made and all i can say is "bollocks"......

The FA Cup Third Round draw has been made at Soho Square, with some potential upsets being pulled out of the hat with Arsenal traveling to Burnley while Liverpool await for either Luton Town or Nottingham Forest.

Elsewhere Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa host Manchester United in The FA Cup, in a tie that has already seen three meetings at this stage of the competition in the last five years.

Havant & Waterlooville's reward for their upset on Saturday will be a trip to either Horsham or Swansea City, after the Welsh club were held at the Atspeed Stadium on Friday evening.
Draw in full:

Preston North End
v
Scunthorpe United
Port Vale or Chasetown
v
Cardiff City
Colchester United
v
Peterborough United
Bolton Wanderers
v
Sheffield United
Blackburn Rovers
v
Coventry City
Brighton & Hove Albion
v
Mansfield Town
Northampton Town or Walsall
v
Millwall
Charlton Athletic
v
West Bromwich Albion
Watford
v
Crystal Palace
Luton Town or Nottingham Forest
v
Liverpool
Plymouth Argyle
v
Hull City
Aston Villa
v
Manchester United
Tranmere Rovers
v
Hereford United
Tottenham Hotspur
v
Reading
Burnley
v
Arsenal
Bristol City
v
Middlesbrough
Fulham
v
Bristol Rovers
Huddersfield Town
v
Birmingham City
Horsham or Swansea City
v
Havant & Waterlooville
Sunderland
v
Wigan Athletic
Oxford United or Southend United
v
Dagenham & Redbridge
Everton
v
Oldham Athletic
Derby County
v
Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
v
Leicester City
West Ham United
v
Manchester City
Ipswich Town
v
Portsmouth
Wolverhampton Wanderers
v
Cambridge United
Barnsley
v
Blackpool
Chelsea
v
Queens Park Rangers
Stoke City
v
Newcastle United
Swindon Town
v
Burton Albion or Barnet
Norwich City
v
Bury
Old 12.02.2007, 10:47 AM   #154
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Bollocks, Spurs got Reading. If we lose i wont hear the last of it.

Old 12.02.2007, 01:02 PM   #155
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

3-2 against birmingham at the lane.... fucking hell.... we suck so badly at the moment.. whats going on, we cant buy a bucket as they say in america...

forget any silverware, we need to survive!
Old 12.13.2007, 10:48 PM   #156
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You know, Cantanky, sometimes you say the hottest things.
ha!
but really, playing football (soccer for the rest of y'all...i don't know why it's called that actually and i'm american. i'll blame it on joe namath.) is a load of fun. last time we had to go to an obligatory family gathering we got a game going with my boyfriend's family, who are a bunch of english heathens, and let me tell you, it was quality entertainment.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2008, 06:29 PM   #157
sonicl
invito al cielo

Much excitement right now in the sonicl household, with the progress of Havant and Waterlooville, my local tream from age 10 - 29, to the draw for the fourth round of the F A Cup. All being well (e.g. if my sister gets her arse in gear and gets the tickets), I'll be taking my nephew to the 3rd round replay against Swansea next week.

COME ON YOU HAWKS!!!
Old 01.06.2008, 06:31 PM   #158
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Liverpool held to a draw today by Luton Town. Bloody outrageous, but I guess that's the state we're in today. Benitez didn't even put Torres on the bench.. and you can't expect Benayoun to score everything for us.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2008, 08:44 AM   #159
sonicl
invito al cielo

F A CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW

Tranmere or Hereford v Cardiff
Mansfield v Middlesbrough
Sheff Utd v West Ham or Man City
Peterborough v Charlton or West Brom
Watford v Wolves
Derby or Sheff Wed v Preston
Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle
Manchester United v Tottenham or Reading
Southampton v Norwich or Bury
Southend v Barnsley
Luton or Liverpool v Swansea or Havant and Waterlooville!
Wigan v Chelsea
Swindon or Barnet v Fulham or Bristol R
Oldham v Huddersfield
Coventry v Walsall or Millwall
Arsenal v Stoke or Newcastle

Like I said yesterday: COME ON YOU HAWKS!!!
Old 01.11.2008, 09:06 AM   #160
sonicl
invito al cielo

Nicolas Anelka has completed his move from Bolton Wanderers to Chelsea for a fee of £15million.

Reports suggest that the France international, who becomes Avram Grant's first signing as Chelsea manager, has penned a four-and-a-half-year deal with The Blues.

Grant had been keen to seal Anelka's switch to Stamford Bridge before Saturday's clash with Tottenham as the Israeli is without Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou, who are away at the African Nations Cup, and Andrei Shevchenko (ankle).

The 28-year-old forward has netted 11 goals in 22 appearances so far this season and joined Bolton from Fenerbahce in 2006 for £7million.

A statement on Chelsea's official website read: "Chelsea Football Club and Bolton Wanderers can confirm that terms have been agreed between the clubs for the transfer of Nicolas Anelka."

Oh bollocks.

(I reserve the right to say what a great buy he was come the end of the season, should circumstances allow)
58108508 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth