Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Any skilled VJs around here?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2015, 08:10 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_

seems like I'd have to learn some of the aforementioned tools myself...

Yes, and it will be a fun process. Sure the first time will be a total pain in the ass and likely take four times longer than it really should BUT you'll

(a) have the satisfaction as an artist in producing your OWN art to accompany your music

and

(b) develop a new artistic skill which you can continue to use with your performances and as you get improved at making them, you will enjoy it all the more.

If that fails, try trolling your local university art department find a bored college kid who will collaborate with you and do it for the fun of it

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2015, 08:12 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't know, poorly deinterlaced footage makes me feel like my retinas are being scratched out

that is strongly reminiscent of some kind of Datura high..

Old 04.14.2015, 10:27 PM   #23
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't know, poorly deinterlaced footage makes me feel like my retinas are being scratched out

that looks incredible??

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 03:52 AM   #24
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Datura high

uFf.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 06:16 AM   #25
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes, and it will be a fun process. Sure the first time will be a total pain in the ass and likely take four times longer than it really should BUT you'll

(a) have the satisfaction as an artist in producing your OWN art to accompany your music

and

(b) develop a new artistic skill which you can continue to use with your performances and as you get improved at making them, you will enjoy it all the more.

If that fails, try trolling your local university art department find a bored college kid who will collaborate with you and do it for the fun of it

the problem is that I am a family man now and the only thing that I am truly lacking is free time.
hell, I have a gig coming up and I don't even have enough time for practice.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 07:47 AM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
the problem is that I am a family man now and the only thing that I am truly lacking is free time.
hell, I have a gig coming up and I don't even have enough time for practice.

at your next show, find an art/film student who wants to make your project for their video class

students are the only people with "free" time (as long as they get academic credit). the retired also have free time but it would be harder to find one with the skills & inclination

for now just put any thoughts of video out of your mind and-- practice when you can

if you MUST have some sort of video just hook up a live camera and point it at the audience, ha ha

(or maybe at your general work area/hands/machines)

yeah just put a tripod at the side, slightly behind you like one of your photos, & let people watch you work-- if you have a photographer friend let them set it up for you in a good spot-- or get someone skilled to operate/move around
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 12:50 PM   #27
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
There's a DVD available on Pseudoarcana where the maker went on YouTube and did a search for something like Christchurch black and white movies and used what he found as video to go with the music. Maybe you could try something similar with your home town? Actually, thinking about if, I saw a Fennesz performance a few years ago where a film camera was set up filming out of the front of a car as it drove around some country roads, it was quite cool especially since I recognised some of the places.

Or could you film your baby doing whatever it is that it does all day and play that in slow motion to accompany your music? Perhaps you could get your other half to do the filming?
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 01:03 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Or could you film your baby doing whatever it is that it does all day and play that in slow motion to accompany your music? Perhaps you could get your other half to do the filming?

i thought about suggesting that but i thought about exposing that holy creature before a throng of intoxicated strangers. pictures steal the soul!

but yes it could be beautiful.

actually they could film her reactions while he practices

that is actually achievable with something like imovie-- would just be a home movie, from the same camera, no codec/frame adjustments

don't know if it would end up looking like the teletubbies though ha ha

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2015, 01:23 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
uFf.
I had to look this up.. brilliant.

Old 04.15.2015, 02:01 PM   #30
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
by the way, does anyone know Mark Leckey (British artist, working with collage art, music and video. his found art and found footage pieces span several videos, most notably Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore (1999))? just discovered him today. that Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore film would be cool as well. not really abstract, but funny. cool funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dS2McPYzEE

Old 04.15.2015, 08:07 PM   #31
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
by the way, does anyone know Mark Leckey (British artist, working with collage art, music and video. his found art and found footage pieces span several videos, most notably Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore (1999))? just discovered him today. that Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore film would be cool as well. not really abstract, but funny. cool funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dS2McPYzEE
yeah, listening to your stuff on soundcloud slavo leckey's work was one of the first things that came to mind, similar in that it coheres into a sort of hypnogogic haze, albeit a very complex one. while he has a lot of this material in the vein of vaporwave etc. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1QkseVjIY , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rH5Ew_fOTk), fiorucci would make more sense in considering your use of certain dance signifiers ('lush padz', stifled breakbeats) and your ruining of them.

leckey also just put out a bonkers record on PAN with florian hecker for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYM9x_B_yEk

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2015, 02:30 PM   #32
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
yeah, listening to your stuff on soundcloud slavo leckey's work was one of the first things that came to mind, similar in that it coheres into a sort of hypnogogic haze, albeit a very complex one. while he has a lot of this material in the vein of vaporwave etc. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1QkseVjIY , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rH5Ew_fOTk), fiorucci would make more sense in considering your use of certain dance signifiers ('lush padz', stifled breakbeats) and your ruining of them.

leckey also just put out a bonkers record on PAN with florian hecker for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYM9x_B_yEk

agreed!

PAN
(and
Hospital Productions). yay!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth