Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.13.2018, 05:07 PM   #821
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Jay Rock’s “Redemption” should have been on my list. Forgot about it. Goddammit. Probably #9 or #10.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2018, 09:58 AM   #822
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Taken from an article -

Yesterday, Kanye West hit up Twitter to briefly complain about Drake, but after a phone call their beef seemed to be settled. Except um...the rapper hopped back online a few hours later, and not only did he accuse Drake of threatening his family, he slammed Kylie Jenner's boyfriend Travis Scott.Kanye posted, I kid you not, a million tweets about this drama, but here's the part where he accuses Drake of threatening him:
Drake called trying to threatened me
— ye (@kanyewest) December 14, 2018
So drake if anything happens to me or anyone from my family you are the first suspect So cut the tough talk
Wild, but it's not like they don't have a history of feuding. What's really surprising here is Kanye tweeting about Travis, who he's offended worked with Drake on the song "Sicko Mode."
"How you gone be on Trav’s song coming at me. Trav should have never allowed that," Kanye tweeted. "Fuck that sickomode song Family first and always."
How you gone be on Trav’s song coming at me. Trav should have never allowed that
Fuck that sickomode song Family first and always
He also accused Travis of threatening him, writing "I hit Trav earlier today Now he just hit me More threats."
I hit Trav earlier today Now he just hit me More threats
And in a since-deleted tweet, Ye wrote "People sold their souls You gotta a number one record but you got it by letting this dude diss your brother in law."
Old 12.14.2018, 10:01 AM   #823
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Here are Drake's Lyrics in SICKO MODE. Where exactly is he ""going at" Kanye?

Sun is down, freezin' cold
That's how we already know, winter's here
My dawg would probably do it for a Louis belt
That's just all he know, he don't know nothin' else
I tried to show 'em, yeah
I tried to show 'em, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Goin' on you with the pick and roll
Young La Flame, he in sicko mode

Like a light, ayy, slept through the flight, ayy
Knocked for the night, ayy
767, man, this shit got double bedroom, man
I still got scores to settle, man
I crept down the block (Down the block)
Made a right (Yeah, right)
Cut the lights (Yeah, what?), paid the price (Yeah)
Niggas think it's sweet (Nah, never), it's on sight (Yeah, what?)
Nothin' nice (Yeah), baguettes in my ice (Aw, man)
Jesus Christ (Yeah), checks over stripes (Yeah)
That's what I like (Yeah), that's what we like (Yeah)
Lost my respect, you not a threat
When I shoot my shot, that shit wetty like I'm Sheck (Bitch!)
See the shots that I took (Ayy), wet like I'm Book (Ayy)
Wet like I'm Lizzie
I be spinnin' Valley, circle blocks 'til I'm dizzy (Yeah, what?)
Like where is he? (Yeah, what?)
No one seen him (Yeah, yeah)
I'm tryna clean 'em (Yeah)
Old 12.14.2018, 10:50 AM   #824
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Kanye has always been a GRADE A DUMBFUCK.

"I hit Trav earlier today. Now he just hit me. More threats. I have a problem with sneak disssing. All positive energy I got love for everyone. Just don’t sneak diss or diss at all. I paid the dues for all weirdos. I love everybody all positive energy. No one that is a musician should ever diss me. My existence is for the rights of all artist."

The fucking loser never heard of RAP BEEF? of diss tracks? Of amazing songs created to insult another rapper? what a fucking POSER BITCH>

Kanye is a fucking loser, always has been, and always will be. he knows it too.
Old 12.14.2018, 10:52 AM   #825
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Kanye the DIPSHIT MORON thinks he "paid the dues for all weirdos."

what an egomaniacal fuckface.
Old 12.14.2018, 10:54 AM   #826
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"I actually like sickomode but I don’t like that that is was sneak disses," 'Ye said. "If I wasn’t here all artist would do memorial songs. I need that love and respect that we didn’t give Michael while I’m alive. No artist should ever diss me for clout Period. Broke down doors for sneakers fashion music everything. I’m a man about my family and integrity. I’ve made mistakes and have karma. No man is perfect. The universe will test us. All positive vibes. All love."

Kanye thinks he is on par with Michael Jackson. Kanye thinks he was the first rapper to make shoes and ugly fuckiing clothes. what a FUCKING LOSER
Old 12.14.2018, 05:21 PM   #827
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"I actually like sickomode but I don’t like that that is was sneak disses," 'Ye said. "If I wasn’t here all artist would do memorial songs. I need that love and respect that we didn’t give Michael while I’m alive. No artist should ever diss me for clout Period. Broke down doors for sneakers fashion music everything. I’m a man about my family and integrity. I’ve made mistakes and have karma. No man is perfect. The universe will test us. All positive vibes. All love."

Kanye thinks he is on par with Michael Jackson. Kanye thinks he was the first rapper to make shoes and ugly fuckiing clothes. what a FUCKING LOSER

Ew.

You’re defending Drake?

Vanilla ass.

Gross.

Kanye is on par with — no, above — Michael Jackson. He might not be able to dance, but he has creative ideas.... Jackson was a performer. Nothing more.

You’re trying to get a rise out of me, but you’re defending a snakeskin-vest-wearing fuckchoad who can’t rap and sounds like someone’s balls dropped in his nostrils.

*Sigh*

TWO ARTISTS HAVE WON THE VILLAGE VOICE PAZZ & JOP CRITICS POLL FOUR TIMES; THEY ARE BOB DYLAN AND KANYE WEST.

He could end his career three years ago and he’d still have all the clout necessary to be remembered forever.

His discography has dictated the course of hip-hop and popular music and you’re just a bitchy little wanker defending the Taylor Swift of “hip-hop” who’s a laughing stock without even TRYING to piss people off like Kanye does

LOL @ Rob’s willful ignorance of the realities of hip-hop
Old 12.14.2018, 05:25 PM   #828
Severian
invito al cielo

Goddamn Rob.

Go listen to “In My Feelings”
Old 12.15.2018, 02:01 AM   #829
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Here are Drake's Lyrics in SICKO MODE. Where exactly is he ""going at" Kanye?

Sun is down, freezin' cold
That's how we already know, winter's here
My dawg would probably do it for a Louis belt
That's just all he know, he don't know nothin' else
I tried to show 'em, yeah
I tried to show 'em, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Goin' on you with the pick and roll
Young La Flame, he in sicko mode

Like a light, ayy, slept through the flight, ayy
Knocked for the night, ayy
767, man, this shit got double bedroom, man
I still got scores to settle, man
I crept down the block (Down the block)
Made a right (Yeah, right)
Cut the lights (Yeah, what?), paid the price (Yeah)
Niggas think it's sweet (Nah, never), it's on sight (Yeah, what?)
Nothin' nice (Yeah), baguettes in my ice (Aw, man)
Jesus Christ (Yeah), checks over stripes (Yeah)
That's what I like (Yeah), that's what we like (Yeah)
Lost my respect, you not a threat
When I shoot my shot, that shit wetty like I'm Sheck (Bitch!)
See the shots that I took (Ayy), wet like I'm Book (Ayy)
Wet like I'm Lizzie
I be spinnin' Valley, circle blocks 'til I'm dizzy (Yeah, what?)
Like where is he? (Yeah, what?)
No one seen him (Yeah, yeah)
I'm tryna clean 'em (Yeah)

"Checks over stripes" is about how he's working with Nike while Kanye is working with Adidas..

Valley is where Drake and Kanye live.. he basically says he's looking around for Kanye and trying to "clean him", whatever the fuck that means..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2018, 02:04 AM   #830
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
TheNeedleDrop talks about Kanye's tweets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHE1T_lUkw

He basically finds Kanye a hypocrite. I'm inbetween.. I think that he made some good points but empathized with Drake a little too hard when both sides were at fault and can be criticized.
Old 12.15.2018, 10:55 AM   #831
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
TheNeedleDrop talks about Kanye's tweets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHE1T_lUkw

He basically finds Kanye a hypocrite. I'm inbetween.. I think that he made some good points but empathized with Drake a little too hard when both sides were at fault and can be criticized.

Well, I think it’s all dumb as fuck, but I’m not going to side with Drake about it. Drake — the very dweeb who wore a *snakeskin vest* and said it was “made out of (Kanye)” — holy shit that was dumb.... especially because Drake was mad that Kanye “leaked” info about his stupid kid, when it was really 40 and his girl or whatever. Drake never apologized for that. And even if he was right and Kanye HAD BEEEN responsible, wearing a dumbass snakeskin vest and making a stupid joke like that... ugh. Warranted an apology anyway.

But Kanye’s mad that Travis *deigned* to allow someone to rep Nike on a record

Well, Kanye, Travis doesn’t actually work for you no matter responsible you are for his career taking off. Travis is under no obligation to rep Adidas, and it’s fucking ASININE that *that’s* what Kanye’s pissed off about.

Fucking asinine.

But Rob’s over here — STILL — acting like Kanye West is musically meaningless, and that’s just the dumbest goddamn thing I’ve ever heard. It’s so wrong and so bloody stupid.

Call him a jackass all you want (he is one), give him tons of shit for the Trump fiasco or for supporting XXX (he deserves shit), but don’t ACT LIKE HE AIN’T HAVE A BELT IN TWO CLASSES.

Jesus fucking Christ.
Old 12.15.2018, 10:58 AM   #832
Severian
invito al cielo

Also I don’t believe Kanye currently resides in Calabasas anymore.

But whatever.

I wish Kanye would shit the fuck up and just make another classic album.

2018, despite ALL THE KANYE, was honestly the hardest and least fruitful year for Kanye fans this decade. And he made himself loathsome to everyone, even many of the people who have stuck with him through all the other shit.

Time to grow up.
Old 12.15.2018, 11:01 AM   #833
Severian
invito al cielo

“SICKO MODE” is good *in spite of* Drake. Not because of Drake.

Drake out there trend-chasing like always.

Travis finally had a cohesive album on his hands, and Drake has the foresight to hop on board. Like he tried to do with Kendrick.

So now one of the two challengers to Drake’s omnipresence is buddies with that sycophant fuck. He’s standing on other artists’ shoulders yet again.

Godddam that stupid man and his stupid beard and his stupid haircut and face.
Old 12.15.2018, 05:02 PM   #834
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
FACT 50 2018
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2018, 07:06 AM   #835
louder
invito al cielo

MIKE's new album "War in My Pen" is really really good.. sort of like a companion piece to Some Rap Songs. Y'all are gonna love it. Check it out.
Old 12.26.2018, 12:56 PM   #836
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
But I'm curious: is this what you meant louder? You don't enjoy non-hip hop because wheels aren't being reinvented? Or did you just mean you tend to get more out of the genre of hiphop for whatever reason (the seriousness of purpose, the funky grooves, the tonal quality of rappers vs singers etc.)?

No personally I'm not that worried about innovation..

Rap is just more enjoyable to me.

Sonic Youth is an exception though. For some reason I still enjoy them and find them as fascinating as as I did 10 years ago.
Old 12.26.2018, 02:02 PM   #837
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Cool.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think "innovation" is music is often bullshit. The topic deserves its own thread tho.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2018, 05:43 PM   #838
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Cool.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think "innovation" is music is often bullshit. The topic deserves its own thread tho.

Innovation isn’t really what I mean.

Interesting and unique sounding shit is what I mean.

But whatever
Old 12.26.2018, 06:26 PM   #839
Severian
invito al cielo

Hey Rob, what do you think about Playboy Carti?

I’m kinda into “Die Lit” right now.

It’s Atlanta-based shit and it thumps, so I thought you might like it
Old 12.27.2018, 08:38 AM   #840
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Innovation isn’t really what I mean.

Interesting and unique sounding shit is what I mean.

But whatever

Whatever yourself.

Interesting and unique production is all over the place. Example: Downloaded and sifted through Billboard Top 100 songs of 2018. There were a ton of sounds I hadn't heard before. But about 96 of the actual songs ultimately sucked.

Ear candy is just that: nice in the moment, but unsubstantial and eventually forgettable if it's not in support of something meatier.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
394041 42 43 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth