Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Facts
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2007, 07:35 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Fugazi bores me.

While noise is a legit form of music, not all noise is music.

Coltrane wasn't the first.

Grinderman is the least interesting of all things Nick Cave.

John Cage says music should show no emotion. Incorrect; music should be all emotion.

Tally Hall is just a fun band.

Velvet Underground is only good when Nico is nowhere in sight.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, despite it's name, is good baby makin' music.

Animal Collective bores me.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 07:42 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with most of those. But which "most" I dare not speak. *shy-fully covers mouth*
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 08:31 PM   #3
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, that's swell, man...

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 08:32 PM   #4
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Facts: All of these are opinions. Bravo.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 09:52 PM   #5
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Facts: All of these are opinions. Bravo.
By saying things like "bores me" instead of "is boring," I thought the FACT that these are OPINIONS was pretty obvious. Congrats.
Old 08.25.2007, 09:55 PM   #6
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
And congratulations to you for using the english language to your advantage in order to make a pointless thread.

Old 08.25.2007, 09:58 PM   #7
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
And congratulations to you for using the english language to your advantage in order to make a pointless thread.
Bickety-bam.

And what you said, afterthefact, is quite contrary to what you think you are saying... "It's a fact, but only because it's an opinion... the fact that is an opinion is in no doubt, so therefore it's a fact."

I must say, that is some very George Bush logic (and I don't oft make that comparison... in fact, this is the first time).

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.25.2007, 09:58 PM   #8
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I think trying to stop people from making pointless threads on this board is a lost cause.
Old 08.25.2007, 09:59 PM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Hurrah for both of you and your sarcastic compliments.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 10:00 PM   #10
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Agreed afterthefact, agreed. And you aren't swa(y) so congratulations on that one too.

Old 08.25.2007, 10:00 PM   #11
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I've lost track of whether or not I'm actually being sarcastic.

Note: Yes I am not swa(y). And while I have nothing against him as a person, I would imagine that if I were him, I would be somewhat miserable.
Old 08.25.2007, 10:03 PM   #12
k-krack
invito al cielo

You know what annoys the fuck out of me? That every single person on every single god damn forum feels the need to express how much they think the forum sucks all the motherloving time.
Honestly, the "pointless thread" argument is bullshit. Sure, lots of people put pointless shit... but there's also countless more threads WITH a point. If all yr doing on a forum is talking about how lame it's gotten... leave... the satisifed ones will do quite well without you.

*note: this is opinion and not fact, I suppose.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.25.2007, 10:08 PM   #13
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
You know what annoys the fuck out of me? That every single person on every single god damn forum feels the need to express how much they think the forum sucks all the motherloving time.
Honestly, the "pointless thread" argument is bullshit. Sure, lots of people put pointless shit... but there's also countless more threads WITH a point. If all yr doing on a forum is talking about how lame it's gotten... leave... the satisifed ones will do quite well without you.
I agree and disagree. I think I could count on one hand the amount of threads that have a legit point to make. I mean they all have a point to some extent; everybody had a reason for starting it. But most are meaningless. That being said, I don't see the need to worry about it. That is the true essence of message boards; you can say whatever crap you want, and it doesn't really have to have a point. We aren't submitting these to the New York Times (or for the extreme left-wingers here, Adbusters) so feel free to projectile vomit any thought you have.

Note: I love using semi-colons, even when they aren't needed; it's just fun.
Old 08.25.2007, 10:19 PM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
As someone who takes a great pride in creating threads that are as pointless as possible I have no understanding of people who post ON them, just to criticise them. It shows bad manners towards all the hard work invested by its creator. Anyone can start a thread about global warming, or the like. It takes REAL talent though to start one called simply 'Facts'. And THAT, is a FACT!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 10:49 PM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, go spread the word, i'll go burn my records and shape my interests based on your opinions.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 08:27 AM   #16
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I would imagine records would just melt. Do they burn? Is that a FACT?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth