Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 10 questions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2008, 01:22 AM   #21
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? the Fenians, a local band
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Sure, a cat. A lot of times.
3. What is yr drink of choice? Don't have one.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? Probably.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Not significantly.
6. Name your worst nightmare. Once I dreamt I was in a post-apocalypse city and everything was burnt and then these mutilated dogs (spines ripped out, insides exposes, bent in weird shapes) that were laying in trash piles began to talk to me.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? My shirts aren't all that cool.
8. Who is your hero? I have people that I respect and aspire to in ways but no absolute hero.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? I have been but am not now.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? Somewhere in Europe, perhaps.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 01:23 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 02:59 AM   #23
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to?
Guns n' Roses

2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.?
dog yes, cat yes, squirrel no, etc = goose = yes

3. What is yr drink of choice?
white tea, or guiness if i'm out & about

4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party?
of course, i'd be suspicious of anyone who hasn't

5. Have you ever met anyone famous?
yes

6. Name your worst nightmare.
being burned alive by acids

7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own?
too many to decide

8. Who is your hero?

i don't know

9. Are you or ever have been in a band?
yes

10. Where would be your dream vacation?
outer space
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 03:05 AM   #24
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? The Rolling Stones with my mom
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.?Hell yeah
3. What is yr drink of choice? Whiskeyyyy
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? Duh. More than once
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Yes
6. Name your worst nightmare. Don't know
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? A plain grey shirt
8. Who is your hero? Don't know
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? I'm in one.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? I'd like to go to london sometime.
Old 03.31.2008, 03:07 AM   #25
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? I guess Jarek Nohavica (Czech folk singer) when I was 8 or so.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Yes, my dog bit me a couple of times, but just play-wise, without any intention to do harm.
3. What is yr drink of choice? Jack Daniels on the rocks.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? No.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? I've seen the Pope John Paul II. once.
6. Name your worst nightmare. Being hated by everyone. I have that dream pretty often and I always wake up sweating.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? A black 'Confusion is Sex' that I got on a gig in 9:30 club in DC
8. Who is your hero? My dad, because all the shit he's gone through.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Just in some sort of a loose collaborative project, not a 'proper' band though.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? Japan hands down. Maybe I'd even like to live there.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 03:36 AM   #26
sarramkrop

1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Bowie
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Yes, and I bit a dog back when I was 3 or 4.
3. What is yr drink of choice? Cider.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? Yes.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Yes.
6. Name your worst nightmare. Someone giving me salted chocolate as a present.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? A black one.
8. Who is your hero? Karl Marx.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Yes.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? China, India or Japan.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 04:10 AM   #27
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=artsygrrl]ok...we already know your favorite foods and what movie you last saw. We even know about your sex life. so...um...here's some more if you want to answer.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

carter usm

dog and cat

too many to say, southern comfort, rum and ginger, a good beer, cup ot fea, coffee, ashamed to say pepsi max

ofcourse

probably

in reality the death of people i love. an actual dream was getting electric shocks.

old heavy metal one

8. Who is your hero?

me

been in several but prefer to play solo as band dynamics suck.

its weird because i have been to a lot of the places i always wanted to go already but right now, far away from everyone and in a forrest somewhere.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 06:53 AM   #28
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Sonic Youth, Sydney 26/07/06
Nope
Coffee! Always black, always sugarless
A few times.
Good Charlotte, Nicole Richie and Sophie Monk last year. Nice people but can't stand their music.
I'm claustrophobic so anything like that
My green and white Sonic Youth shirt or my NIN one, because I can fit in with scene kids if I need to.
8. Who is your hero?
Richard D James (Aphex Twin)
Yes, about 10 all up. Currently in two bands, including my solo work.
Canada!
Old 03.31.2008, 07:17 AM   #29
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? The Hub Caps

2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? No

3. What is yr drink of choice? Chocolate soy milk

4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? Yes, a couple times

5. Have you ever met anyone famous? The members of SY, insofar as they
can be considered "famous".

6. Name your worst nightmare. Choking to death.

7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? That I do not wear: "Take a Sip of Sonic Youth" tee signed by the band; that I do wear: I have so many
kick-ass Snoopy shirts, I cannot possibly choose. Special mention to my
"Snoopy State University" shirt, though.

8. Who is your hero? Kim Gordon

9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Yes

10. Where would be your dream vacation? Japan
Old 03.31.2008, 07:42 AM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Dave Mason, 1973

2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Yes.

3. What is yr drink of choice? Flying Dog Brewery's Double Dog Pale Ale

4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? Yes

5. Have you ever met anyone famous? No

6. Name your worst nightmare. Criminal kids come to the front door with guns and blow us all away.

7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? Beastie Boys License to Ill album cover T-shirt

8. Who is your hero? Keith Richards

9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Yes--have been

10. Where would be your dream vacation? The middle of Paris any time of year
Old 03.31.2008, 07:58 AM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
The WOMAD festival in 1989 when i was 6 months old with my parents, we went every year until i was 9ish.

Bitten by a Cat many times, bitten by a dog twice.

triple Southern Comfort and Diet Coke.

Yeah loads of times, told many secrets by mistake, gotten in trouble with friends and once with the police.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre, it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Lee Ranaldo, also not a pleasant experience.

Being really really poor, and having no friends or family. All the musicians i love die from stupid drug overdoses.

A dandy warhols one that says "Higher than the sun" on it and has a picture of the sun snorting coke. It sounds pretentious, but it looks fantastic.

8. Who is your hero?
Gus Van Sant, he is just wonderful.

Yes in school for about 2 months, it wasn't very much fun.

Hawaii
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 08:12 AM   #32
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
three pub measures of southern comfort in a pint glass then to the top with Diet Coke.

but to be honest lately all i have been drinking is Desperados or Corona.
Old 03.31.2008, 08:33 AM   #33
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
but to be honest lately all i have been drinking is Desperados

heaven help you!

i'm hung over and just reading mention of that foul concoction is making my stomach churn.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 08:35 AM   #34
sarramkrop

What is Desperados? It sounds like the name for a drink that backpackers would have.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 08:36 AM   #35
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
heaven help you!

i'm hung over and just reading mention of that foul concoction is making my stomach churn.

Really? i love it! i only really drink mexican beer, although Desperados is made in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
What is Desperados? It sounds like the name for a drink that backpackers would have.
ha ha ha ha ha

Been out two nights in a row, getting wasted on this and Sake. SAKE SAKE!!!!
Old 03.31.2008, 09:20 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? David Lee Roth "Eat Em And Smile Tour" right after he got booted from Van Halen. I was 12 years old and my dad took me and my bro because he saw me digging david lee roth;'s videos on the MTV
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? no
3. What is yr drink of choice? ginger ale/root beer
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? I am fairly certain that I have./
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? I have met many sort afamous people, or locally famous people, but no one really FAMOUS.
6. Name your worst nightmare. father dying. it already happened almost 17 years ago so I now have no worst nightmares! it is quite freeing.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? sonic youth "angry, very angry" brown t
8. Who is your hero? Kurt Vonnegut. he knew exactly how fucking shitty and horrible humans truly are and how horrible the world we have amde is and he found a way to laugh about it just enough so he did not kill himself even though he wanted to. and he was one funny MOTHERFUCKER
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? I have never been in a band, much to my dismay,. Once I get a bit better on the bass I will change this.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? a month to spend at the library of congress reading rarities.
Old 03.31.2008, 09:56 AM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
some chilean band called los jaivas-- it was insane

dogs, yes, chased & bitten, cats only during play

water. are we talking about booze? i like lots of booze. wine beer liquor cocktails. where to start?

"ever"? i think you mean to ask "how often". the answer is "frequently"

yeah i've met some pretty famous writers & poets. not rocknroll famous. famous in college campuses i guess.

i don't know, i'd rather not think about those things.

8. Who is your hero?

yes. i sang and wrote the lyrics.

living in france and italy for the rest of my life
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 10:11 AM   #38
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses

Men At Work, 1982. I was 12, so cut me some slack here, people.

Dogs and cats both, but only playfully.

Juice or tea.

Not in a "public spectacle" way, but definitely some epic conversational faux pas.

In the field of Rock Music, I have met a ridiculous amount of famous and cult-famous people, so I won't list them all. Outside of that, I once had a conversation with Matt Dillon in a record store. Neither one of us mentioned that he was Matt Dillon, because it was pretty obvious to both of us that he was Matt Dillon. We talked about records; he recommended a Willie Bobo LP. I also met Jane Goodall once.

Burning/disfigurement

Of the ones that have survived, my mid/late 80s Joy Division and Big Black shirts are favorites. Of the late lamented shirts, my Psychic TV shirt with a wolfheaded Jesus hanging on a Psychick cross is one I miss a lot, along with a great 2-sided NWW one.

8. Who is your hero?

A hero is nothing but a sandwich. And we call those sandwiches hoagies here.

Yes and yes.

A couple of months in Europe/Scandinavia, or Java.
Also I would love to tour Japan and Europe playing the Rock Music.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 10:14 AM   #39
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Muppet Babies live
been biten by a dog, cat, and a duck
dirty banana
not that i can recall
yeah
the ones that make me kick and punch as i wake up, like i did over the weekend, usually means i was being chased and cornered in my dream
either my orange Les Georges Leningrad shirt or my purple Ecstatic Peace one
8. Who is your hero?
not sure
no comment
either the south of France or the Kansai region of Japan
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 10:16 AM   #40
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=artsygrrl]ok...we already know your favorite foods and what movie you last saw. We even know about your sex life. so...um...here's some more if you want to answer.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

i dont know
yes, especially humans
water
yes, i guess
yes
vanessa
8. Who is your hero?
yes
outer space[/
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|