Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.29.2012, 03:12 PM   #16441
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I've been watching a lot of flashy action movies lately, mostly due to getting a new TV and PS3. The PS3 was a gift from my step-daughter's bio-dad, so she could play Little Big Planet online with him, and the new LED TV was because my old one kept turning green, and the only way to correct it was to rap on the glass with your knuckles, and after a full length movie, my fingers would be swollen and bruised. So put these two new acquisitions together, and I had to play with the blu-ray a bit.

The new Total Recall, one of the Transformers movies, and Premium Rush. The last one was decent, definitely felt like a 90's movie. The best part of it was Michael Shannon as the bad guy. I've never enjoyed an antagonist so much. Ther other two, well, they are what they are, in that they are really good for trying out new blu-ray capabilities, and little else. I will say, if you are feeling like watching Total Recall, do yourself a favor and watch the old one again instead.

Haven't watched a movie for a few days, because it's been Twin Peaks for a while now.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2012, 05:42 PM   #16442
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
KILLING THEM SOFTLY-- Great. Sure, it's a 2010s version of 1970s revision of 1940s genre, but still.

LOOPER- Ditto, just add a splash, but not too much, of sci-fi. I liked the downbeat ending.

KILLER JOE- Ditto. I didn't care for the princess or tiger ending, but it entranced me until then.

ROCK OF AGES- Sucked beyond belief. Ten minutes in, I made liberal use of fast-forward.

SHAKES THE CLOWN- I really dig Goldwaith but this thing's just lifeless. Too bad.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2012, 12:43 PM   #16443
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2012, 02:24 PM   #16444
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
ur, how was it? im planning to see it next week.

i loved it, esp dicaprio...he deserves an oscar for his role. everything you'd expect from a tarantino movie.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2012, 05:13 PM   #16445
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
The Road

Stuck very close to the book. They only changed a couple of parts for pacing, but overall it was just how I imagined it. And I know, I'm a couple of years late on it.

Mulholland Drive

Had to hold on Twin Peaks for a bit because my wife is out shopping and she would kill me if I watched some ahead of her, so I got my Lynch fix this way. Started watching Eraserhead, but I realized I didn't have the patience for it at the moment, so I pulled this one out instead.
Old 12.30.2012, 05:46 PM   #16446
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
^ I can't see the images, but I'm interested in what they are.

Sorry, didn't occur to me... The first one is The Road, and the second is Mulholland Drive. I went back and put the titles over the pics so no one else gets confused
Old 01.01.2013, 09:02 AM   #16447
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 01.01.2013, 01:34 PM   #16448
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses

Tons of potential, and genuinely scary for the most part.. But the ending... Goddamn. what a fucking mess. such promise, ruined by the easiest "out" of an ending known to Hollywood.

thank you chuck palahniuk.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2013, 02:41 PM   #16449
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Valley of the Dolls.
Old 01.02.2013, 05:24 PM   #16450
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

To the Devil a Daughter

This is generally seen as marking a real low point for Hammer. It has one of the limpest endings of any horror film I can think of and a cast that seems to wish it was doing something, anything, else. And yet I do like it. Part of the problem may be that it just doesn't feel like a Hammer film but fans of slightly grimey 70s Euro horror should find something to like here.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 05:33 PM   #16451
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Life of Pi.
Old 01.03.2013, 12:22 AM   #16452
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

The Taking of Pelham 123

What is it with so many of today's Hollywood bad guys that they have to have silly designer beards?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 07:46 AM   #16453
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 01.03.2013, 09:30 AM   #16454
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
almost forgot, during the past few weeks of holiday disruption i watched this:

the grey

mang, there may be a few preposterous moments here like in any movie, and it's a bit of a fantastic scenario when you think about it, but this was GREAT FUN, especially considering it is a mainstream hollywood movie, and the more time passes the better it looks in retrospective. check it out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 04:04 PM   #16455
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
almost forgot, during the past few weeks of holiday disruption i watched this:

the grey

mang, there may be a few preposterous moments here like in any movie, and it's a bit of a fantastic scenario when you think about it, but this was GREAT FUN, especially considering it is a mainstream hollywood movie, and the more time passes the better it looks in retrospective. check it out.

Good to know, since it's been in my Netflix queue forever, and I always look at it and think, "mmm... later."
Old 01.05.2013, 12:22 AM   #16456
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
not in order:
Toy Soldiers
Dead Poet's Society
The Chocolate War
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Sucker Punch
Old 01.05.2013, 05:27 AM   #16457
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quentin Dupieux's Rubber.

It is all about a tire that rolls over and flattens a plastic bottle, a spider, a scorpio, attempts to smash a bottle, realizes it can not, then uses some form of power, manages its destruction. Then it moves on to killing birds, dogs and human beings, as your regular serial killer, til it falls in love with a good looking girl the police will use as a lure.

It is strange, and progressively really funny, and colors and the use of music are a treat.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2013, 04:24 PM   #16458
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I'm eager to see more from Dupieux. He's like a dark humorist version of David Lynch. I've not seen his follow up for "Rubber", "Wrong", but its apparently just as odd.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2013, 04:55 AM   #16459
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Night and Fog (2009)

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2013, 06:56 AM   #16460
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses

Just what I needed last night. William Powells delivery of his lines is so dry and droll and yet it's humour doesn't get lost. Only afterwards do I find out that Johnny frigging Depp is going to be a remake of it. WATADICK.

And Dr Strangelove is on tv right now. Well whatmre is there to say? It's Kubrick, dammit. And the more I watch it the more I think it's probably my fav by him.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
723773813820821822 823 824825826833873923 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth