Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Girl In A Band: A Memoir
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2015, 06:22 AM   #281
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
I am sick of that feminism thing. don't get me wrong. I am up for equal rights for everybody (first wave of feminism....right to vote) (and in the part of the world I am from it is such a obvious thing since I can remember). I know there are cultures, where things are bit different and it should be dealt with somehow. but that mainstream feminism movement (second wave of feminism) get on my nerves sometime. it's too much.

interesting 15 min. video about feminism
truth about feminism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znY665hkx50

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 06:50 AM   #282
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Men explaining feminism...fuck yeah.
Old 03.10.2015, 07:08 AM   #283
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn

why not. :-)

it's just too much of it sometime.

Old 03.10.2015, 08:37 AM   #284
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So what, would you rather men never had anything to say positive or negative about it? Isn't the point of social movements to raise awareness and create dialogue?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 09:23 AM   #285
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

http://rxttbooks.blogspot.com/2015/0...-personal.html - My review of the book at RXTT's Intellectual Journey
Old 03.10.2015, 09:30 AM   #286
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So what, would you rather men never had anything to say positive or negative about it? Isn't the point of social movements to raise awareness and create dialogue?
Holy shit we agree on something. The end must be near...
Old 03.10.2015, 09:31 AM   #287
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

brominists... i tried looking at that video so i would know wtf i was going to laugh about and google asked me to login so i could prove i was old enough to watch.

so i didn't watch it because i didn't wanna login, but the poster of the video is... prison planet! and the description of the video by poster says that feminism is "not about women's rights" but it's a movement to promote "cultural marxism."

lololol prison planet

the woman haters ALWAYS with their broken record-- "why does she have to complain" -- BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO, NOW FUCK OFF.

but that they'll never understand

--

anyway, i'm listening to the book rather slowly, and enjoying it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretmonalisa
I go by the name secretmonalisa because I think I inspired the line in the song, but it was so long ago that I don't remember what song it was! Empty page? Back in my New York city days. I would never kiss a married man, too messy. I would never get married, too messy.

yeah i never said you were one of the characters in this story ha ha, just the name secret mona lisa evokes "shy hypersensitive" and part of kim's family being from kansas, see... oh im ruining the free-association now by explaining it. it works better as a fleeting flash of thought that is here and gone and nothing more.

your username is from disconnection notice! same record, better song (for my taste anyway). book says it was about coco? haven't got to that part yet.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 01:32 PM   #288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
haha. i tripped out on Mona Lisa too!
the capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana which roughly translates as 'the lovely city' on the ljubljanica river (which was part of the river voyage of Jason and the Argonauts before they sailed through the river caves of the Karst and appeared on the other side of the divide of the Danube and into the Adriatic)

heres the meaning of the name Mona Lisa:

Emona (The Roman name for Ljubljana) and 'lice' (pronounced litse) meaning visage or cheeks

Ljubljana's cheeks!

the guy who found the SL and 72 in the Mona Lisa was talking about "SL"av (72 upside down)

rest assured its all about my friend Susan Katherine (St. Catharine) whom sat patiently for a portrait of herself in screenplay version that i illustrated in 2012 for 9 months.

sorry alt, but Emona Litse is my friend Susan. too bad she ditched me after the portrait

by the way its fukushima day tomorrow my birthday so try to fuck me over. I'll fight you.

PS: who would thought Da Vinci spiked a likeness to a woman who lived 400 years later in the collective unconscious!

this is how it's done

======

btw i listened a bit more this morning, up to when she talks about the changes in the artworld and her first piece of writing, and she's going to start talking about singing now... and i haven't heard any claims of feminism nor any sort of trashing of her ex nor ungratefulness to people in her pasts as some of the brominists and/or perpetually angries and/or people who haven't read the book are claiming. (then again i'm far from finished).
Old 03.10.2015, 03:12 PM   #289
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Mona Lisa http://youtu.be/EW-4J80lF8U
Old 03.10.2015, 04:59 PM   #290
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
just put things on the right place. (I hope) no one here is a woman hater.

no one here? not sure--read some of the comments earlier in this thread. but the claim that "feminism is cultural marxism" is, wow, so much bullshit.
Old 03.10.2015, 05:05 PM   #291
confusion is next
bad moon rising

confusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretmonalisa
Although I'd rather go to a SY concert than read such a steamy story.

i miss that...a sy concert. (and i only saw they twice)
confusion is next is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 05:08 PM   #292
confusion is next
bad moon rising

confusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no one here? not sure--read some of the comments earlier in this thread. but the claim that "feminism is cultural marxism" is, wow, so much bullshit.

i wonder it's my funny mind or...when i think of feminism it always remind of a crass album : penis envy

confusion is next is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 05:10 PM   #293
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:

sorry I have deleted my post, because I did not want to bring it into political debate

and yeah rather won't be bringing up any conspiracy theories on it either. certainly doesn't belong here. sorry.

peace out.

Old 03.10.2015, 05:30 PM   #294
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well the book itself is somewhat political in that it was written by a person with political positions and she lets them be known

- her condemnation of ronnie bozo raygun's destruction of mental health care in california is political

- her complaint that thruston didn't share equally in the parental duties is political

- her criticism of wall street's takeover of all of new york is political

- etc.

some of these positions will irk some people to various degrees, and it's fine to disagree with said positions, but to demand that a person who writes a book shuts the fuck up about what she thinks/feels is what is positively wrong here.

btw i'm not saying you're one of those people demanding she shuts up about things-- i'm not keeping track of who said what. but the undercurrents are all over this thread as you can see.
Old 03.10.2015, 06:04 PM   #295
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Hold the fuck up, who hates or is hating women here? That's a strong fucking accusation yo fi real

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 10:44 PM   #296
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
man, i would like to have a beer or share a joint with you guys.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2015, 11:56 PM   #297
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Just because a man dislikes (or even "hates") a particular woman, doesn't by any means make him a "woman hater", at least not in the way of hating all women because they are women. I was raised, almost exclusively, by a woman. She went through some bullshit and lots of it I witnessed. I've also witnessed men go through bullshit they don't deserve (women using their children as a tool to get certain things they want...it happens. Men do it too). I don't sympathize toward any specific race/gender/or sexual orientation just because. That's stupid. This doesn't mean I fail to realize some struggle in varying ways others might not (let's remember, I am from the bible belt and have seen all sorts of crazy shit first hand), it just means I don't have time for it. Everyone has their own struggles. I judge everyone as an individual. I call girls cunts in the same way I call boys dicks. No special treatment for anyone. No one is fucking special. I guess that's feminism for me. Treating women the same way I treat men.
Old 03.11.2015, 05:54 AM   #298
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Nice read Rob! Very hard to see the link bellow the pics of Kim's pants. Just noticed it, or maybe I was just staring at them pants all the time :-). Sitting on the tram, red the review. I like it, especially yr. introduction. I can totally feel yr. vibe finding out about the band for the first time.

Old 03.11.2015, 08:31 AM   #299
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

thanks for reading!
Old 03.11.2015, 12:14 PM   #300
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Just because a man dislikes (or even "hates") a particular woman, doesn't by any means make him a "woman hater", at least not in the way of hating all women because they are women. I was raised, almost exclusively, by a woman. She went through some bullshit and lots of it I witnessed. I've also witnessed men go through bullshit they don't deserve (women using their children as a tool to get certain things they want...it happens. Men do it too). I don't sympathize toward any specific race/gender/or sexual orientation just because. That's stupid. This doesn't mean I fail to realize some struggle in varying ways others might not (let's remember, I am from the bible belt and have seen all sorts of crazy shit first hand), it just means I don't have time for it. Everyone has their own struggles. I judge everyone as an individual. I call girls cunts in the same way I call boys dicks. No special treatment for anyone. No one is fucking special. I guess that's feminism for me. Treating women the same way I treat men.

anyone can claim to judge anyone as an individual, but everyone brings a set expectations to said individual judgments (otherwise judgment would be impossible, as there would be no standard against which to judge).

those expectations are formed by many socially-received preconceptions which are biased. with that, people of different genders are habitually judged differently.

e.g., we're talking here about "men and women". as if there were only 2 genders. so we try to put everyone into those boxes. with expectations that go with them. that in itself makes it impossible to judge everyone as an individual correctly-- referring them to a standard that doesn't necessarily suit them.

just like patricia arquette asking for equal pay for women who are "mothers" to every gay and person of color and taxpayer what?

one can try to avoid that sort of bias, but anyone claiming to be totally free of socially-acquired biases is delusional/in denial. it's nearly impossible to see things or people outside categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

that was a great review!
121314 15 161718 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth