Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Best new/most anticipated albums of 2019
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2019, 10:08 AM   #161
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Mate, the amount of shite you like I don't think you can say anything about anyone liking Tool. Bet you're like the dildo on pitchfork who gave Lateralus 0 because it somehow has absolutely nothing redeemable on it. Which is nonsense of course.

Live and let live

I don’t care who likes Tool.
I myself like “Jimmy” and “H.”
It’s not like they’re Nazis.
I just would have had fun bickering with SuchFriendsAreDangerous about it, if he was still here.

Calm yourself, youngblood
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2019, 10:09 AM   #162
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
(Also, you cant give me shit for liking “shite” and also give me shit for giving other people shit for liking shit. Or, you can, but it makes no sense, fuck off)
Old 05.11.2019, 03:06 PM   #163
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
(Also, you cant give me shit for liking “shite” and also give me shit for giving other people shit for liking shit. Or, you can, but it makes no sense, fuck off)

*Belm* "have so many quips about Tool’s uselessness" at what point have I said anything like this about any of the music/films you like. Point being I could easily (very easily) give you shit for it but don't.

Now it's your turn to fuck off, you absolute weapon

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2019, 07:40 PM   #164
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
*Belm* "have so many quips about Tool’s uselessness" at what point have I said anything like this about any of the music/films you like. Point being I could easily (very easily) give you shit for it but don't.

Now it's your turn to fuck off, you absolute weapon

Uuuuhhh

You literally yesterday:

Quote:
Mate, the amount of shite you like I don't think you can say anything about anyone liking Tool.

Also, why are you being such a cunt?
Just talking about music. I’m not bullying anyone.
You’re deliberately missing the jovial nature of my comments.

Indeed, I had just told someone who proclaimed their fondness for Tool, “I don’t get it but I’m happy for ya.”

You just really bored or something, friend?
Old 05.14.2019, 01:34 PM   #165
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, I can’t believe that dweeb has been gone nearly 3 years.

I have so many quips about Tool’s uselessness

I certainly did not mean to start anything here, ha. I totally sensed Sev's jovial nature in his comment. I feel he was just returning the jovial nature I started it off with by mentioning SuchFriends in the first place. I forget the thread specifically, but I remember some pretty comical back-and-forth between the two about Tool shortly before he left the board. Sev was just playfully referencing the same thing as me while also getting a nice little jab in (at least that is how I read it). And I can respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

(* Nothing personal, Peterpuff, but what can I tell ya.)

Totally understood. I get it, ha. I am not an avid poster, but have lurked around this place pretty much such it's inception. The variety of personalities and tastes is why I have always enjoyed this board. But it's also given me the awareness to start off my Tool post the way I did, haha. I like to feel I have an open enough mind to "belong" here, but am also very aware and unapologetic of my simpleton side.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2019, 03:11 PM   #166
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I certainly did not mean to start anything here, ha. I totally sensed Sev's jovial nature in his comment. I feel he was just returning the jovial nature I started it off with by mentioning SuchFriends in the first place. I forget the thread specifically, but I remember some pretty comical back-and-forth between the two about Tool shortly before he left the board. Sev was just playfully referencing the same thing as me while also getting a nice little jab in (at least that is how I read it). And I can respect that.

You didn’t start anything. We’re 100% good.

H8kurdt is flexing or something. I’m not sure, really. It’ll pass.
Old 05.14.2019, 04:28 PM   #167
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2019, 12:03 AM   #168
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

H8kurdt is flexing or something. I’m not sure, really. It’ll pass.

Kisses you total pain in the ass

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2019, 07:46 AM   #169
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kisses you total pain in the ass

I’m still pretty confused, but yeah... smooch
Old 05.17.2019, 03:04 PM   #170
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Totally understood. I get it, ha. I am not an avid poster, but have lurked around this place pretty much such it's inception. The variety of personalities and tastes is why I have always enjoyed this board. But it's also given me the awareness to start off my Tool post the way I did, haha. I like to feel I have an open enough mind to "belong" here, but am also very aware and unapologetic of my simpleton side.

You rock. Tool doesn't, but you do. Rock on!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2019, 03:19 PM   #171
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
here is a mix of my favorite songs this year so far

https://www.mixcloud.com/2chainz1cup/2019-halfway-mix/

looking forward to the sarah davachi/ariel kalma collab, m geddes gengras, and joni void is cool.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2019, 12:26 AM   #172
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Out May 10: Nots, 3.

https://nots.bandcamp.com/album/3

From Bandcamp Daily:
Album of the Day: Nots, 3

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.18.2019, 12:30 AM   #173
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Another HOLY CRAP moment for me. Out May 24: Cate Le Bon, Reward.

From Bandcamp Daily:
Cate Le Bon's Reward Marks a Turning Point

Old 05.18.2019, 12:44 AM   #174
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Dammit, you can't go offline for two days anymore. Out June 7 (but the physical release is sold out ; there's the virtual stuff, though): Fennesz, Live At The Jazz Cafe.

Quote:
Fennesz performed live at the Jazz Cafe in Camden, London on 12th March 2019. This recording will be released as a limited edition cassette of 200 copies..

https://fenneszreleases.bandcamp.com...-the-jazz-cafe

Old 05.18.2019, 01:02 AM   #175
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Another one: "Pressing: (First printing) 60 copies; (Second printing) Undisclosed number of copies." Come on! But yes, there are FLACs. Out now: Charles Hayward, Objects Of Desire.

Quote:
60 minute field recording from founding member of This Heat, Charles Hayward.
Charles, who we have known for many years wrote to us [Blank Editions] with the proposal of releasing a field recording he had initially constructed back in the mid '70s. Charles wanted this recording to be specifically released on cassette to further appropriate the recordings intention.

Here are some words from Charles about the recording itself:
"Objects Of Desire, this is how I remember it: summer of 1975 I had the house to myself. I had some ideas that I wanted to make real. So I did what I'd always done, work with what was to hand. I'd record onto one cassette machine, play that back into the room while also adding something live, ultra primitive overdubbing. I'd been doing a lot of thinking about how music didn't really work in an either/or way, it was only our need to put things in boxes that did that, so whatever the next idea, that was what I made. I deliberately avoided using the drum kit too much, instead I focussed on my collection of instruments collected since childhood, junk market finds, radio noise clouds, second hand keyboards advertised in the back of the Melody Maker, plastic swanee whistles from Woolworth's taped together, kazoos, an old tape found in a Soho dustbin. At the same time the simple cassette machines added their own presence to the sound, whispering traffic passing unpredictably, the crude compression breathing; a lot of the work happened inside the machines."

https://blankeditions.bandcamp.com/a...ts-of-desire-2

Old 05.18.2019, 01:11 AM   #176
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out now: Josephine Wiggs, We Fall.

Quote:
Alt-rock icon Josephine Wiggs is best known as bassist in The Breeders, rising to superstardom in the '90s and continuing to draw crowds and critical acclaim in the wake of their 2018 album All Nerve. But over the years, Wiggs has released several of her own albums, all of which delightfully defy genre. Her new solo record, We Fall, is both a departure and a distillation of an enduring personal aesthetic: moody and spare but also melodic, at once contemporary and nostalgic.

Some influences are clear: We Fall is reminiscent of the experimentalism of Brian Eno's Another Green World and recalls the delicate, languid minimalism of Harold Budd. The album's classical inflections, sharpened by a dialog with electronic elements, evoke Alva Noto and Ryuichi Sakamoto. This is an album of juxtapositions: minimalist at moments, richly layered in others; ambient while also sharply focused; melancholy yet resolute.

There's something both dreamy and scientific about We Fall. Wiggs, an enthusiastic amateur mycologist, has an impressive collection of mushrooms she's photographed in her travels. We Fall could be the soundtrack to what can't be captured in a single photo—the growth and decay of miraculous creatures that a less astute and sensitive eye might overlook entirely.

Composed, performed and recorded by Wiggs, with drums and electronics by her longtime friend and collaborator Jon Mattock (Spacemen 3, Spiritualized), We Fall is a lyrical, bucolic album with an undercurrent of disquiet. Think of a wintertime walk in the woods as dusk falls too soon. True to the classic album form, the 10 almost entirely instrumental tracks on We Fall form a compelling whole: a crystalline meditation on paths not taken and words unspoken, an elegy for moments lost and last embraces.

https://josephinewiggs.bandcamp.com/

The AllMusic review is also pretty nifty. Just sayin'.

Old 05.18.2019, 01:18 AM   #177
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out now: Nate Young (Wolf Eyes), Volume Three: Dance Of The Weeping Babe.

https://wolf-eyes.bleepstores.com/re...e-weeping-babe

https://wolf-eyes.bandcamp.com/album...e-weeping-babe

Old 05.18.2019, 01:20 AM   #178
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

All right, there's at least a dozen more new releases I wanted to mention, but it's 2:20 AM. So you're gonna have to wait! You fuckers!

Old 05.18.2019, 08:33 AM   #179
Severian
invito al cielo

Tyler, the Creator surprised me by making “IGOR” actually really fucking good.
Old 05.20.2019, 08:23 PM   #180
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
"Pressing: (First printing) 60 copies; (Second printing) Undisclosed number of copies." Come on! But yes, there are FLACs. Out now: Charles Hayward, Objects Of Desire.

Back by popular demand:

Quote:
3rd and final pressing of the sold out cassette.

This new version has slightly amended artwork to differentiate it from previous pressings and comes within a small embossed envelope contains the download code, the recording is the same as the first pressing as is the cassette label.

Starts shipping in mid July. Pre-orders open now.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth