Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page help me write a book
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2010, 09:05 PM   #21
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Bugger's outburst was distracted by the sudden entry of a man, dressed as a kuppa fish, holding a harpoon gun made of shells.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2010, 09:22 PM   #22
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Humanity encounters an alien race. They're friendly. Turns out their music is better than ours.

Humanity encounters an alien race. They're friendly. Turns out they have books very similar to Harry Potter. They're better. JK Rowling stops earning money.

Humanity encounters an alien race. They're friendly. Turns out they're at least ten years ahead of us in fashion.

Humanity encounters an alien race. They're friendly. Turns out we're ten years ahead of them in fashion. They think we're really cool.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2010, 09:26 PM   #23
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Bugger's

is that a proper Marxist name?

Quote:
outburst

when you say outburst do you mean, his primal battle cry, the sound of the kuppa gun or was he masturbating? no. this won't do.

Quote:
was

this is book about THE FUTURE, dammit.

Quote:
distracted

do people get distracted in the future or are they all too busy planning new types of economies to notice? elaborate please.

Quote:
by

I'm going to let that one slide.

Quote:
the

hmmm, I hadn't thought about that before. I like it!

Quote:
sudden

that is exactly what I was talking about. suddeness. like...everything happens so quickly that you have no idea what the fuck is going on!!! another good one. if you had a vagina, I'd ask for yr hand in a futuristic marriage.

Quote:
entry

this is a family friendly book. it would be rather hard to explain that one to grandma.

Quote:
of a man

I choose to believe that you grouped yr words as such denoting the massive amounts of semen that are about to be spilling in the name of economy.

Quote:
dressed

I hadn't considered the gay angle. yes, dresses for everyone in THE FUTURE! brilliant.

Quote:
as

I could find five separate definitions for the word "as". which do you mean?

Quote:
a

in my future world, there better be more than just ONE. think harder on that, please.

Quote:
kuppa

I'm still not entirely sure what that is....

Quote:
fish

well, I could tell that it was a fish by the smell.

Quote:
holding

so, kuppa fish are illegal. can you smoke them?

Quote:
a

you did it again. you fucking did it AGAIN!!

Quote:
harpoon

that works great with the endangered species blood. there's bound to be a lot of harpooons laying about.

Quote:
gun

guns are tiny. how about we call it a "CANNON"?? yes? good. thought so. it's not like you have a choice in the matter.

Quote:
made

in a fourth-world sweat-shop, I'm sure.

Quote:
of

that's another tricky word. do we REALLY know what anything is OF? like....REALLY... no. we don't. next!

Quote:
shells

too much seaside imagery. maybe we call them ROCKETS instead. there's no second-guessing ROCKETS.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2010, 09:27 PM   #24
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Economy: stamps

As different stamps become more or less popular amongst stamp collectors the value changes for each one resulting in an incredibly complicated and ever fluctuating economic situation.
Old 05.12.2010, 09:29 PM   #25
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
My book would be far more awesome
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2010, 09:30 PM   #26
Lurker
invito al cielo

What would it be about?
Old 05.12.2010, 09:35 PM   #27
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink.
My book WILL be far more awesome

fixed.
Old 05.12.2010, 10:57 PM   #28
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
<9
Old 05.12.2010, 10:58 PM   #29
ink.
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
What would it be about?
Less fish more biotech
Old 05.13.2010, 01:06 AM   #30
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Means of exchange : Genetic Code; that can be spliced into existing DNA to augment or enhance humanity. The abundance of this gene-altering substance is due to a genetic war recently ended that has left money non-existent, food scarce; and luxuries a figment of imagination. Although labs have created gene-altering substances aplenty for the war effort; with near infinite surplus.

Organization of economic exchange : Almost completely black market and non-regulated. What little government there is left is mostly concerned with keeping themselves from disappearing into the ether completely; and they have no means to regulate or stop this trade in genetic splicers. In fact; they have to deal in it as well.

Effect on Social Structure : Those with gene splicing can afford food; but most importantly they have less need of food; or can alter their biological make-up enough to depend on other sources of energy other than food. They are also faster, stronger, smarter; and more animalistic. Since the means of exchange is also the means of survival; dark ages return; and the 'rich' show it physically; like in the dark ages; the thin and weak are poor; the well-fed and strong are rich. However; with the added factor of gene splicing; the classes are basically split into human and ubermensch.

What sort of individuals? The sort who revel in trade and negotiations... The pathetic who have enough gene splicing material and the pathetic who don't. The whole of humanity is basically reduced to its original, pathetic, whimpering state; but with gene altering facets that radically change the very concept of being human. Basically the rich and those who manage to get their hands on gene splicing are aliens; while the poor are humans; remnants of a lost age...
Old 05.13.2010, 03:39 AM   #31
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Q: what happens if the means of exchange consist of --- ?
A: Voyeuristic pleasure in watching another cry.

Q: how is this exchange organized?--
A: The recipient of the payment (the voyeur) meets privately with the one paying them (the crier), where they can view their weeping for an agreed upon duration of time. Public tears are the equivalent of tossing money into the air.

Q: what sorts of structures does it generate in society?--
A: Structures that are German in nature. Cry booths. Sad movies that one can pay for simply by attending them. The funeral industry usurping the wedding industry. Spanish women become powerful entrepreneurs. Onions become geese that lay golden eggs, replace that Chinese cat statue that has one paw up, and constantly exponentially increase in value. All clowns are shot dead, except the sad ones or the scary ones that upset children. Bright Eyes becomes an economic power. Scrooge McDuck replaces his money bin with massive concentration camps. Women are viewed as having value. A 'Cherokee trail of tears' refers to a person's spending binge, assuming that they are of Native American origin. Littering in front of the very same redskins is profitable.

Q: what sorts of individuals does this society generate?
A: Germans eager to offer their services. Total queermos. And powerful Spanish women (which just boggles the mind. Like, a Sipowitz level of boggling.)

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 03:44 AM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 06:04 AM   #33
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
an economic scifi story

First bit of help: this is a shit idea for a book. Really, really shit.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 12:01 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
First bit of help: this is a shit idea for a book. Really, really shit.

Good luck!

it's a GAME you all titbrains, i think i mentioned that somewhere above, sort of inspired by lurker's book thread-- why would i waste my time asking for advice or help here? -- it's a fucking game, but no, people keep missing the point, talking as if i was *really* asking for help writing something, so why would i ask for help or advice from people who always miss the point of pretty much anything? no. it would require suicidal tendencies which i lack

see, this guy gets it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
Q: what happens if the means of exchange consist of --- ?
A: Voyeuristic pleasure in watching another cry.

Q: how is this exchange organized?--
A: The recipient of the payment (the voyeur) meets privately with the one paying them (the crier), where they can view their weeping for an agreed upon duration of time. Public tears are the equivalent of tossing money into the air.

Q: what sorts of structures does it generate in society?--
A: Structures that are German in nature. Cry booths. Sad movies that one can pay for simply by attending them. The funeral industry usurping the wedding industry. Spanish women become powerful entrepreneurs. Onions become geese that lay golden eggs, replace that Chinese cat statue that has one paw up, and constantly exponentially increase in value. All clowns are shot dead, except the sad ones or the scary ones that upset children. Bright Eyes becomes an economic power. Scrooge McDuck replaces his money bin with massive concentration camps. Women are viewed as having value. A 'Cherokee trail of tears' refers to a person's spending binge, assuming that they are of Native American origin. Littering in front of the very same redskins is profitable.

Q: what sorts of individuals does this society generate?
A: Germans eager to offer their services. Total queermos. And powerful Spanish women (which just boggles the mind. Like, a Sipowitz level of boggling.)

amerikangod wins the game with "Structures that are German in nature. Cry booths". ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa. yes!

thread: locked
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 12:06 PM   #35
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
it would require suicidal tendencies which i lack

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI.
Old 05.13.2010, 12:07 PM   #36
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
thread: locked

the fish/blood/semen/schadenfreude-stained masses WILL NOT be silenced!!!

TO THE BARRICADES, ONCE MORE, O, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! TO THE BARRICADES!!!!
Old 05.13.2010, 12:11 PM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI.

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by space
the fish/blood/semen/schadenfreude-stained masses WILL NOT be silenced!!!

TO THE BARRICADES, ONCE MORE, O, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! TO THE BARRICADES!!!!

i know the interwebs can't die, i was just hoping for pbradders to kill the thread with philosophy

i often obscure my real intentions, here

Marx!-- or something
Old 05.13.2010, 12:13 PM   #38
space
expwy. to yr skull

SHUT UP AND LIGHT THIS BOTTLE FOR ME. IMA THROW IT AT THE PIGS!!!
Old 05.13.2010, 12:14 PM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
God, you are so fucking whiney.

Edit: Both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2010, 12:20 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
God, you are so fucking whiney.

Edit: Both of you.

make an entertaining contribution or GTFO

flotto is doing alright

but for you: this:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth