Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page uk right wingers going on rampage
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2014, 04:47 PM   #21
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
our capacity to willfully ignore the situation is potentially limitless. but you only have to look around or read the news to see the cracks appearing. employment is still poverty for most people, being young is almost synonymous with being poor.

we live in a geriatric carbohydrate feeding pen and the young, when they arent deliberately destroying themselves, will be wiping up the shit of the useless aging population thats bankrupting them.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 04:58 PM   #22
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i dont care about elections because the whole system is so redundant that theres almost no point playing on its terms.

It won't address the big problems but it needn't be an either/or decision. I vote labour only with the idea that they might make things a tiny bit easier in the short term while at the same time looking for a more long-term alternative to the cul de sac that both parties ultimately represent.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 05:02 PM   #23
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
yeah fair enough.

im sure they do make some small differences, although how you can even tell anymore with the media as it is i dont know.

lets not forget - "i abolished boom and bust"
"we have x years to save the world"
"i believed invading iraq was the right decision at the time"

also, alistair campbell style politics are so bad that i prefer corrupt tories to people like him.
Old 12.09.2014, 05:04 PM   #24
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

we live in a geriatric carbohydrate feeding pen and the young, when they arent deliberately destroying themselves, will be wiping up the shit of the useless aging population thats bankrupting them.

As much as this is a pretty obvious a thing to say, it's become very necessary. I can't think of any other generation of young people who really need to wipe out the old and build something better. I don't know how though, as most young people seem as hopeless as older people right now, save for a few who talk a lot and never do anything of worth.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 05:08 PM   #25
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

my point is that theres no longer space in the system to actually do anything. at best you can try, mostly vainly, to keep some of its civilizing structures intact.

a businessman in a town i wont name offered to build a nuclear plant from his own funds, and the council rejected it. can anyone count the number of nuclear plants built in china in the past few years?

the asian system is expanding and thriving as we speak. you get a mix of the best of the welfare state with the best of capitalism and they both work in harmony.

and anyone who wants to respond with a big list of "whats wrong with china" im A) already aware and B) its irrelevant in the long term
Old 12.09.2014, 05:15 PM   #26
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

and anyone who wants to respond with a big list of "whats wrong with china" im A) already aware and B) its irrelevant in the long term

Not sure what you mean with this, as both China and India are faced with people growingly inpatient with the lack of welfare state like never before.
Old 12.09.2014, 05:19 PM   #27
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

yeah, because only 240 million chinese peasants got given pensions

their supposed "impatience" is NOT a drive to overthrow the state and become a US run liberal democracy, it's rather hands held out for more, only pretending to bite the hands that feed them in a simulation of dissidence that's really an effective form of collective bargaining.
Old 12.09.2014, 06:14 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

You don't overthrow anything because of impatience alone.
Old 12.09.2014, 06:52 PM   #29
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

sad old marxist is sad. and old.
Old 12.09.2014, 07:03 PM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, give me a break.

Quote:
they wage wars we dont want, send us to die, destroy the economy, attack the public services and drive people to suicide with benefit cuts. they need to learn that there are consequences - consequences that target the wealth and property that keeps them in place and keeps everyone else out.

these incompetent and deluded fuckwits should be dethroned and claiming benefits or flipping burgers. they should be forced back to the bottom of the society they exploit/mismanage.

that's me being generous since most of them really deserve worse considering the blood on their hands.
Old 12.09.2014, 07:09 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
sad old marxist is sad. and old.
And what is your manifesto then?
Old 12.09.2014, 07:26 PM   #32
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Still waiting for an answer, darling. Going to bed soon.
Old 12.10.2014, 12:27 AM   #33
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
As much as this is a pretty obvious a thing to say, it's become very necessary. I can't think of any other generation of young people who really need to wipe out the old and build something better. I don't know how though, as most young people seem as hopeless as older people right now, save for a few who talk a lot and never do anything of worth.

Their hopelessness might just be an honest (albeit largely unconscious) response to a situation that is just hopeless. I vote but I'm under no illusion that it really matters in any major way. At least not in a way that'll fundamentally change our course. That'll take something far more radical. But I haven't heard any really credible, or even interesting ideas from outside the political mainstream in ages, be it from marxists, libertarians, or the seemingly countless anarcho groups that've sprung up in the last few years. I've read just about everything from 0 books and semiotexte, and attended more meetings than I can remember. I've looked into all kinds of bright new ideas from Capitalist Realism through to Speculative Realism, but nothing, or at least nothing that gives me any kind of genuine hope.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth