Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Top 25 Artists
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.28.2011, 06:21 PM   #41
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, haha I burnt out on The Locust long ago. After listening to them extensively for quite some time, I finally just said "Okay, I get it."

I actually met Pearson at a Locust show, and I didn't hassle him by marking out or anything, just a simple, "What's up dude?", he actually seemed surprised that I recognized him without his costume on.

But yeah, that whole Three One G scene is full of notable bands. Swing Kids were probably the best of the bunch though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2011, 12:07 AM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'd say Dylan in around 66 was the first self-consciously anti-rockstar rockstar; deliberately annoying and alienating his audience during a real commercial highpoint in his career. Or maybe Lennon, laying waste to his celebrity persona on the first Plastic Ono Band album.

Yes but in reality both Dylan and Lennon were a bit to honestly serious to be compared with true anti-hero rock stars, because in reality these guys are actually heroes. Dylan was the anti-hero in the Salinger sense, but was not quite as elaborately a rock-star about any of it. Lennon, true, was probably very near the kind of anti-hero rock star you see in the antics of 1991: The Year That Punk Broke, but again, in all honesty Lennon was way to serious and effectively used his sportlight as a platform and rightfully so, the man is a real martyr. But I can see the similarities in anti-hero antics between the two, but I think Kurt was uniquely the epitome of this kind of persona, and best of all it was sincere and even a kind of naivete

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth