Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Looking for some 1983 shows
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everyone - I'm looking for a handful of 1983 shows for research (and enjoyment!) purposes. I'm not sure how commonly they circulate but I don't believe I've seen them torrented, so if you happen to have copies of any of these and the time/patience to transfer them, I'm sure many would be appreciative!

10/28/83 Munich, Germany @ 59 to 1?
11/01/83 Linz, Austria @ Posthof
11/04/83 Zurich, Switzerland @ Rote Fabrik
11/05/83 Basel, Switzerland @ Totentanz
11/24/83 Groningen, Netherlands @ Vera
11/26/83 Nijmegen, NL @ Doornroosje
12/01/83 London, England @ The Venue

I don't have a set list for the legendary London gig, but maybe someone has a recording? I must have the Groningen show somewhere, I comment on it specifically on my site. Hmm...

Thank you!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Bonus request - does anyone have the 07/12/82 (aka 12/07/82) CBGB gig? My site lists 5 songs, I remember having "Shaking Hell" and "Be Yr Dog" on a tape years ago that I can't find... I really want to put this Tom Recchion mystery to rest.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 12.25.2012, 08:42 PM   #3
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
can't help you with the ones above. but since you mentioned Groningen, i was wondering if you had seen this one already: http://www.vera-groningen.nl/blog/ke...ve-vera-1987-0
live footage of this show: http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/cc/061187.html
on the video, they are playing Catholic Block and Pipeline/Kill Time.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2012, 01:15 AM   #4
Chris Lawrence

I knew about the DVD, but these two songs look like out-takes as neither are included - thank you for pointing this out!!
Old 02.04.2013, 05:38 AM   #5
emmanuel
little trouble girl

emmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's assesemmanuel kicks all y'all's asses
11/01/83, 11/04/83, 11/05/83 and 11/24/83 I have. The other ones are pretty much uncirculated. I kind of lost track of what I have uploaded and what I have not, so it is certainly good to make those lists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Hi everyone - I'm looking for a handful of 1983 shows for research (and enjoyment!) purposes. I'm not sure how commonly they circulate but I don't believe I've seen them torrented, so if you happen to have copies of any of these and the time/patience to transfer them, I'm sure many would be appreciative!

10/28/83 Munich, Germany @ 59 to 1?
11/01/83 Linz, Austria @ Posthof
11/04/83 Zurich, Switzerland @ Rote Fabrik
11/05/83 Basel, Switzerland @ Totentanz
11/24/83 Groningen, Netherlands @ Vera
11/26/83 Nijmegen, NL @ Doornroosje
12/01/83 London, England @ The Venue

I don't have a set list for the legendary London gig, but maybe someone has a recording? I must have the Groningen show somewhere, I comment on it specifically on my site. Hmm...

Thank you!
emmanuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2013, 04:18 PM   #6
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Bonus request - does anyone have the 07/12/82 (aka 12/07/82) CBGB gig? My site lists 5 songs, I remember having "Shaking Hell" and "Be Yr Dog" on a tape years ago that I can't find... I really want to put this Tom Recchion mystery to rest.

Chris !, taking a break from looking for those 85 tapes...but came across a cd-r of 12/17/82 + 7/12/82...now the 12/17/82 is 7 tracks

7/12/82 is 10minutes,soundboard and is just
Shaking Hell
be yr dog with jeffrey lee pierce

BTW i've found 2 of the 85 shows from the other thread and won't take another break until i find a 3rd

i see Emmanuel posted he had some of the 83 shows...after seeing them listed...i feel i do have those...but i have been going through box after box of tapes and have not seen them

it's almost 5 pm and i've been at this since 5am...i'd like to find at least 3 shows and send them off to someone to deal with

i'll be back
Old 02.24.2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Chris Lawrence

Wow, thank you for your hard work, Skip! As I mentioned in the other thread, please feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to send me the tapes and I can transfer them and share them.

Emmanuel, I'm sure we'd all be thrilled if you could share the '83 shows you mention, but I know it can be hard to find time. I'm trying to get a feel for what's "out there" and make sure shows don't slip through the cracks if they've been out of circulation for a long time.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth