Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2010, 05:26 PM   #101
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

As for the Manson bullshit:

- He was a sociopath. As far as everyone knows, he was a racist, preached violence and planned those crimes. Sociopaths don't even need drugs - they are naturally able to be leaders, specially over vulnerable people.

Many sociopaths are CREATED, as Manson was.
Old 08.04.2010, 05:29 PM   #102
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

- The responsability of security should ideally belong to the state, citizens should be demanding that rather than feeling like they can do justice and protect themselves - they can't.

fuck THAT SHIT. fuck a whole lot of THAT SHIT

the state is responsible solely for securing the state from OUTSIDE threats, not internal crime, and not on keeping individuals safe from other individuals. The state that focuses on internal affairs, like the usa is currently, is on a slippery slope to totalitarianism, cuz, you know, it's for everyones best interests! they must be safe! Take the guns! put cameras on every corner! film everyone! no privacy! Those tactics worked for Nazi germany (they used tattletales and snitches instead of cameras) and it is working just fine in the UK right? cuz you guys have no crime right?
Old 08.04.2010, 05:32 PM   #103
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Many sociopaths are CREATED, as Manson was.

I'm with science on this one. People are born sociopaths.
Things that happen to them might influence how dangerous they will eventually become, but sociopaths are individuals with low or no activity in the frontal area of the brain, namely, uncapable of what we call love/empathy/mercy. On average, 1 between 30 people.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 05:33 PM   #104
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
guns are for killing.

so is bug spray.

so is a mousetrap

so are knives, swords, etc.

so is poison

all these things are widely available because it is not what an item is FOR but how and why it is used that makes it a horrible thing.

oh dear oh dear.

the role of guns, specifically hand guns is to shoot people. by your argument everything could be banned because of possible miss use.

the idea that other people are carrying guns so everyone has to defend themselves is so silly and so ingrained in the american psyche. instead of watching mindless tv, listening to mindless music and posting on internet forums why dont you write to your local politician and ask them for more gun control.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 05:35 PM   #105
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
fuck THAT SHIT. fuck a whole lot of THAT SHIT

the state is responsible solely for securing the state from OUTSIDE threats, not internal crime, and not on keeping individuals safe from other individuals. The state that focuses on internal affairs, like the usa is currently, is on a slippery slope to totalitarianism, cuz, you know, it's for everyones best interests! they must be safe! Take the guns! put cameras on every corner! film everyone! no privacy! Those tactics worked for Nazi germany (they used tattletales and snitches instead of cameras) and it is working just fine in the UK right? cuz you guys have no crime right?

then why do you have the police?

Old 08.04.2010, 05:45 PM   #106
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Facts:
- The responsability of security should ideally belong to the state, citizens should be demanding that rather than feeling like they can do justice and protect themselves - they can't.

Citizens can't protect themselves with guns??? You live in a small and sheltered world. You obviously have skimmed right past my references of citizens protecting themselves? As far as "citizens demanding security from their state"... that's fucking hilarious! how's that working out for you? Say no more, you obviously live in a fairy tale land that I've yet to experience. God forbid you wake up in the middle of the night and hear people rummaging around in your house.... how will the state swoop in and inject justice into that situation?

your list of facts is just a heavy dose of narrow-minded favoritism. You've crafted an unjust best-case / worst-case scenario in favor of your opinion.... most of which is just speculation and assumption, nothing resembling "fact".

Let's just say hypothetically speaking because I assume you have little to no experience with what you're talking about: say you have a good friends as neighbors. You've known for years, BBQ together, get together play Pictiionary, read bible stories... the works. One day "guns" come up and they mention, oh yeah, we've got pistol we keep in the nightstand.. and so on. Would that change the way you think about them? Would you suddenly fear for them or be afraid of them? Would you assume they are contributing to crime? ......and so on?

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 05:46 PM   #107
knox
invito al cielo

I live in one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

And once again, I'm talking numbers.

America and Gun Violence
  • Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. (Coalition to Stop Gun Violence)
  • The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
  • American kids are 16 times more likely to be murdered with a gun, 11 times more likely to commit suicide with a gun, and nine times more likely to die from a firearm accident than children in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control)
I can't look right now, but I can't be repeating myself either: if you read stats you'll see carrying a gun make your chances of dying in the event of a crime much greater.

I realise you'll think those numbers aren't significant and/or right, but I really can't be looking for data right now. Some of my friends disagree with me, we often debate the subject like adults.

Old 08.04.2010, 05:51 PM   #108
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
Citizens can't protect themselves with guns??? You live in a small and sheltered world. You obviously have skimmed right past my references of citizens protecting themselves? As far as "citizens demanding security from their state"... that's fucking hilarious! how's that working out for you? Say no more, you obviously live in a fairy tale land that I've yet to experience. God forbid you wake up in the middle of the night and hear people rummaging around in your house.... how will the state swoop in and inject justice into that situation?

your list of facts is just a heavy dose of narrow-minded favoritism. You've crafted an unjust best-case / worst-case scenario in favor of your opinion.... most of which is just speculation and assumption, nothing resembling "fact".

Let's just say hypothetically speaking because I assume you have little to no experience with what you're talking about: say you have a good friends as neighbors. You've known for years, BBQ together, get together play Pictiionary, read bible stories... the works. One day "guns" come up and they mention, oh yeah, we've got pistol we keep in the nightstand.. and so on. Would that change the way you think about them? Would you suddenly fear for them or be afraid of them? Would you assume they are contributing to crime? ......and so on?

i think knox knows more about this subject than you.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 05:59 PM   #109
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
so, there's "numbers" for everything:

you can state numbers on deaths from food poisoning or adverse reactions to prescriptions, etc....

the coalition to stop gun violence needs to focus on a lot more than removing guns.... responsible parenting, where's that fall into the equation? Don't you think if they started charging parents with their kids gun crimes, parents would leave their own foggy minded worlds long enough to intervene with the kids activities and responsibilities.

So 80 people die from gun violence? Sounds scary but lets look at the big picture... how many people are dying every minute from medical malpractice (something that can be avoided)? Of these gun death figures, can the be assured that if there are no guns these murders or deaths aren't going to occur either way.

and all in all, aside from bitching, what is your solution.... they round up every legally owned gun in the country?

Old 08.04.2010, 06:00 PM   #110
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i think knox knows more about this subject than you.

good,

we're talking about the poster demanding protection from their state right?

Old 08.04.2010, 06:05 PM   #111
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think you name five things there and call it HEAVY regulation. I don't know, I tend to think americans think it's not the goverment's obligation to enforce security, and it's not their right to demand it. But I said a million times (and i goes ignored) cases in which people manage to protect themselves with guns aren't the majority - most of the time people increase their chances of getting hurt. Those aren't lunacies from pacifists, those are statistics.

About Charles Manson, yeah rough childhood. Lots of people have it, but not all people are sociopaths. What about that whole thing about starting war against "the blacks"?

Tex Watson had went MIA for a bit. The ranch receives a phone call from Watson's girlfriend's house. She is kept there at gunpoint by a black guy who is demanding some money Tex gave him for some pot he was supposed to get, but never delivered. Guy stated that if he didn't get his money soon, he was going to kill the girl. Manson and one other family member went to the house, long story short, Manson shot, and THOUGHT he killed this individual that he assumed for different reasons was a member of the black panther party. After said event, Manson felt strongly that there would be an attack on the ranch by other black panthers...a "war". Not the widescale bullshit Vincent Bugliosi would have everyone believe. I'm sorry...Manson's (and others....) account of this event sounds much more logical.

The guy ended up not being dead. Bugliosi found him, and stressed interest in having the bullet removed from his body so he could see if it matched up with a pistol the family had been using. He wouldn't allow them to remove the bullet, because he said it made for a "good story".

And despite that...it was the 60's, lots of people felt as if there might be a war between the whites and the blacks.

Do yr homework, please.

And yes, lots of kids go through shit. Not many are given up by their moms, placed into juvenile delinquent homes, sodomized by other boys as gaurds watch (as well as having chewed tobacco stuffed up their asses as lube), all kinds of other shit Rob already stated, all WELL documented. Anyone would be fucked up....but, he did do well for himself for a while...he's never tried to make himself off as being some sort of saint, no one is. Dude just has a message, some of which is worth listening to.

Def. more entertaining and well thought out than this dream-world-human-nature-defying bullshit you've been preachin'. Sorry...yr cool, but still...it's bullshit.
Old 08.04.2010, 06:06 PM   #112
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
+ I love how Jon Boy suffers seriously from expressing anything beyond "epic fail", "they know more than you", etc.

Shit's weird. Sorry Jon Boy.
Old 08.04.2010, 06:07 PM   #113
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
good,

we're talking about the poster demanding protection from their state right?

well i am talking about gun ownership and i think thats what you are trying to do but its hard to make out in your ill thought out posts.

having seen first hand the damage guns can do i think i can speak with a degree of experience and say that guns, especially handguns should be banned.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 06:08 PM   #114
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
+ I love how Jon Boy suffers seriously from expressing anything beyond "epic fail", "they know more than you", etc.

Shit's weird. Sorry Jon Boy.

well i did explain more, read back.

epic fail.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 06:09 PM   #115
FreshChops
100%

after hurricane katrina, we were all without utilities, contact or anything for about a month where I'm at. After a little while cops would randomly ride through the neighborhood to scope things out. One stopped with window rolled down and said "do y'all have any guns?" Not knowing where he was going with it, I hesitantly answered yeah and showed him a shotgun I had in my doorway. He just smiled, nodded and said "Good!" and drove away.

there's you're protection from the state

Old 08.04.2010, 06:09 PM   #116
knox
invito al cielo

what I like about jon boy is that he's so british he doesn't even bother.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:10 PM   #117
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

But he tries, and so do you....clearly more than anyone else in this thread.

Whats that say?
Old 08.04.2010, 06:11 PM   #118
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
having seen first hand the damage guns can do i think i can speak with a degree of experience and say that guns, especially handguns should be banned.

don't be hesitant to be vague now

Old 08.04.2010, 06:16 PM   #119
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:

well indeed.

when i was younger, 12 i found that my dad had a gun which i and a freind worked out how to gain access too. it was quite old and me and my friend found great enjoyment in shooting cans, bits of wood etc. i didnt know that my friend had re loaded the gun and when another friend came over to look at what we where doing i shot him accidentally. he didnt die and was ok after a while but it just goes to show the fact that owning a gun can lead to serious consequences. something to think about.

you could argue that it should not have been so easy to access but kids have an uncanny ability to find their way into anything so it makes me shudder to think there are people with whole arsenals at their disposal and virtually no control from state or parent. more terrible accidents waiting to happen.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 06:19 PM   #120
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
so, there's "numbers" for everything:

you can state numbers on deaths from food poisoning or adverse reactions to prescriptions, etc....

the coalition to stop gun violence needs to focus on a lot more than removing guns.... responsible parenting, where's that fall into the equation? Don't you think if they started charging parents with their kids gun crimes, parents would leave their own foggy minded worlds long enough to intervene with the kids activities and responsibilities.

So 80 people die from gun violence? Sounds scary but lets look at the big picture... how many people are dying every minute from medical malpractice (something that can be avoided)? Of these gun death figures, can the be assured that if there are no guns these murders or deaths aren't going to occur either way.

and all in all, aside from bitching, what is your solution.... they round up every legally owned gun in the country?

My points you have been ignoring:

- The stats that are relevant to this discussion are the ones that point out how people have MORE chances of getting hurt than they do of defending themselves when they have a gun.

- How the gun industry is the same one that makes the guns criminals use.

- How you pay taxes for things like the police, but then you say the government doesn't have to protect citizens.

- On suicide: you will say people who want to commit suicide can do that in many ways, true. The same goes for murder. But when someone has a powerful weapon that can do much damage in less than a second, there's no time to think or to defend yourself: it's done, and it happens more often than it does when people don't have guns and the consequences are worse. That goes for suicide, passionate crimes, anger etc.

- I don't have stats on this, but I'm quite sure most people killed with guns are not expecting it, so it wouldn't matter if they had one or not.

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth