Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Evil That Men Do
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.23.2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Dallas mother kills her two children because they were autistic

What evil is happening where you live?

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 08:32 AM   #2
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I heard the 911 call on lex and terry this morning (if you live near dallas you should know who they are) it was very sad

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 01:09 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

LATIMES reports 19 homicides in the past two weeks

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 01:58 PM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
United States of Shitmerica.

Why live there?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 02:02 PM   #5
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
cause we were born here and aint got no choice yet. but when i am rich i will move away far far away

Old 07.23.2010, 02:06 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
cause we were born here and aint got no choice yet. but when i am rich i will move away far far away

where you gonna go? shit even in Finland they got horrifying murders and evil shit, just a bit less frequently, but a cesspool of evil none-the-less

I may be a bit jaded having spent my entire life living in one of the worst places for crime, murder, corruption, gang violence, rape, child molestation, police brutality, thievery, military-industrial complexes, etc etc but I have been assured by many others that the rest of the world is in the same grimey boat, the best we can do is stay positive, but running away won't solve a thing. Iyah Marcus-I told us this, not to flee away but to stand firm, which is why ini Rasta trodding along the King's I-ghway to one of the worst spots in Africa, I figure if we getting dirty anyways, might as well just jump in an play in the mud..

"..For not with scrutiny or searching can you find the Kingdom of Peace, for Lo! the Kingdom is inside of your hearts.."

Old 07.23.2010, 02:07 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
suchfriends likes to stay within a driving distance of the heart of darkness

fucking mosquitos.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 02:09 PM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
where you gonna go? shit even in Finland they got horrifying murders and evil shit, just a bit less frequently, but a cesspool of evil none-the-less

I may be a bit jaded having spent my entire life living in one of the worst places for crime, murder, corruption, gang violence, rape, child molestation, police brutality, thievery, military-industrial complexes, etc etc but I have been assured by many others that the rest of the world is in the same grimey boat, the best we can do is stay positive, but running away won't solve a thing. Iyah Marcus-I told us this, not to flee away but to stand firm, which is why ini Rasta trodding along the King's I-ghway to one of the worst spots in Africa, I figure if we getting dirty anyways, might as well just jump in an play in the mud..

"..For not with scrutiny or searching can you find the Kingdom of Peace, for Lo! the Kingdom is inside of your hearts.."

im just drunk my friend and dreaming of blisssssss

Old 07.23.2010, 02:10 PM   #9
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
suchfriends likes to stay within a driving distance of the heart of darkness

fucking mosquitos.

i fucking love that book

Old 07.23.2010, 02:11 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
SB1070

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 03:09 PM   #11
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Minneapolis already has more murders this year than last. Some folks got shot at the chinese place up the block a few weeks ago.

Also, some dude went nuts a few months back. Killed his girlfriend, her husband, some ex-business partners, and then himself after a low-speed chase through uptown during rush hour, smashing into a pole in front of a gas station.

Other than that it's just the usual corporate giants getting arrested for fraud and offing themselves and our local lawyers denying the genocide in Rwanda.

Oh, happy days.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 03:13 PM   #12
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
There's no such thing as evil. Just men more in tune with their animal nature and less in tune with the bigger picture of society.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 04:02 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
There's no such thing as evil. Just men more in tune with their animal nature and less in tune with the bigger picture of society.

but that goes against the grain entirely of the natural sense of empathy which permeates humankind. It is never a matter of if people feel empathy or goodness, rather it comes down to how much they feel inclined to act upon it, or conversely how much they feel it would benefit themselves to act against it.

human beings are above nature, and hence there is evil (ie, against nature) in human created societies

Old 07.23.2010, 04:15 PM   #14
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
but that goes against the grain entirely of the natural sense of empathy which permeates humankind. It is never a matter of if people feel empathy or goodness, rather it comes down to how much they feel inclined to act upon it, or conversely how much they feel it would benefit themselves to act against it.

human beings are above nature, and hence there is evil (ie, against nature) in human created societies

We are never above nature. Not even for a second. Our primal instincts drive everything that we do. Pretending that we are above nature is the surest way to profoundly fuck up.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2010, 04:25 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
We are never above nature. Not even for a second. Our primal instincts drive everything that we do. Pretending that we are above nature is the surest way to profoundly fuck up.

our instincts influence but do not entirely dictate, because human beings have the near divine power to control their impulses and act even against their instincts. A person might be overwhelmingly sexually attracted to another person, but they still will more than likely follow the rules of ettiquette..

a person might be so overcome with rage they may want to assault or even kill another person, and yet they will more often than not walk away having done nothing at all.

a person might want be burning in hunger pains but will not dare even steal a morsel of bread out fear, apprehension or even guilt.

we have plenty of instincts and natural/bio-chemical reactions, but what seems to separate us from the natural world is our unnatural abilities to go against our impulses, regardless of their strength, pull or driving force.

Hence, there is EVIL when human beings go against the grain not only of nature, but also their own unnatural, human laws. When a person murders their children, it may dwell from some primal infanticide urges like lions and chimpanzees but none-the-less human society has created a whole systematized mentality against it, and thus when a human being acts against the societal norms, it become evil. Since we can control nature, to go against the control has classically been referred to as 'evil', be it to steal, or to kill, or to rape, or to assault etc etc The part that is evil is that to steal is to steal from another person, to kill or rape or assault is to physically harm another person.

Old 07.24.2010, 11:50 AM   #16
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
killing, raping, torturing, it's evil. why discuss it further?

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2010, 12:03 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Dallas mother kills her two children because they were autistic.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...m.b919c01.html

What evil is happening where you live?

i thought that'd be "the evil that women do", cuz it sez "mother"

anyway, i don't listen to/ watch/ read the trash news (aka "the rape + murder report")-- i stick to high-class evils: politics, war, business, a little sports... you get the idea

"corporate america has lost its sense of responsibility" the washington post sez:

If Don Blankenship had any sense of shame, he'd crawl into a mine and hide.

As CEO of Massey Energy, he has presided over a coal company that had thousands of violations in recent years, leading up to the April explosion that killed 29 of his miners. The company now faces a federal criminal investigation into what the government has called negligent and reckless practices.

But Blankenship must have no sense of shame, because he visited the National Press Club last week to complain about "knee-jerk political reactions" to mine deaths and to demand that the Obama administration lighten regulations on his dirty and dangerous company. "We need to let businesses function as businesses," an indignant Blankenship proclaimed. "Corporate business is what built America, in my opinion, and we need to let it thrive by, in a sense, leaving it alone."

if you can't get to it, the print version should be password-free.

i'm much more concerned about systematic white collar crime than about the random violent acts of desperate or crazy people. how many people does a CEO murder when he raids a pension fund, orders his minions to pollute our water, destroys democracy from within? don't let yellow journalism distract you-- keep your eyes on the ball & on the real enemy
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2010, 01:38 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
killing, raping, torturing, it's evil. why discuss it further?

well AmerikanGod is absolutely correct to bring up the idea relativism, especially considering evil is a societal norm and is a matter of cultural relativism. In India women are still obligated and even forced to immolate themselves on their husbands funerary pyres, and yet to most other societies that is heartlessly cruel form of grief. In other cultures to kill a man is in fact an honor and a privilege, one which the encroachment of the modern world continually brings about a kind of cultural fugue and malaise as the OGs miss the days when you could kill a man for nearly the sport of it..

But more to AmerikanGod's point in regards to nature and instinct, many animals commit in acts of instinct and self-preservation the kinds of actions we in human societies would consider immoral and even evil. Extreme promiscuity, violent aggression, infanticide, homicide, territorial wars, cannibalism, rape, etc etc

However I do in fact disagree with the extreme cultural relevancy proposed by Foucoult who basically attributed nothing to universal evil, but that all is based upon relativism etc etc, I do in fact believe there are some deeply ingrained universal human evils which are taboos across the board.

Personally, from my own experience as a human, I feel the good, altruistic feelings can be as instinctive and impulsive as the supposedly evil ones, and so I am in fact convinced of universal norms of human behavior because I believe human beings feel cringes of guilt and apprehension that the occurence of seemingly universal evils. I would imagine that even in cultures that vindicate and glorify violence or rape or murder, that those witnessing such acts, and even those committing them feel at least a bit of instinctive guilt or remorse...

Old 07.24.2010, 04:38 PM   #19
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
If I was to move out of the USA, I think for obvious reasons I'd like to give Denmark a try.
Old 07.24.2010, 05:01 PM   #20
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I heard the 911 call on lex and terry this morning (if you live near dallas you should know who they are) it was very sad

A good friend who lives in Plano is a big lex & terry fan. I've heard portions of the call - truly sad!

Another bit of "evil" currently playing out. A firefighter gets married only to find out later that his wife was born a man & received a sex change operation. They separate and then the firefighter dies in a egg inferno. Now the wife is wanting his death benefits (worth over half million) and the firefighters family is suing because the marriage was never legal due to her (or is that him) once being a man?

He / She is in the black dress: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/7121997.html

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth