Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What A Sham!!!! Gilmore Girls
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2006, 01:36 PM   #81
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds a bit like when The Breeders guested on Buffy the Vampire Slayer which was a bit disappointing (they only appeared playing live for a couple of seconds). As for the Gilmore Girls (which I haven't seen) I'd rather have Kim and Thurston on it than someone crap.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 01:40 PM   #82
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
buffy kicked ass, gilmore girls is pathetic.

anyway sorry everyone got their hopes up for this crud. i guess i am immune to disappointments of this sort as i expected it all a long to be shit. i haven't watched it and frankly i won't even try.

i suppose this tv appearance fits nicely into the pop venture that is rather ripped. best wishes with MASSIVE sales. put coco through college. but i'm skipping this purchase.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 02:28 PM   #83
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
buffy kicked ass, gilmore girls is pathetic.

anyway sorry everyone got their hopes up for this crud. i guess i am immune to disappointments of this sort as i expected it all a long to be shit. i haven't watched it and frankly i won't even try.

i suppose this tv appearance fits nicely into the pop venture that is rather ripped. best wishes with MASSIVE sales. put coco through college. but i'm skipping this purchase.

Ummm... It didn't sound like they really promoted themselves with this appearance. Was their name mentioned on the show? Doesn't sound like it. Did they advertise the record? No. So what's the problem? And do you really think Rather Ripped is gonna sell more than their previous records... I mean like the single is totally overplayed, oh shit, they haven't released a single... or a television commercial, or wait an article in Rolling Stone, or anything... But yes, Sonic Youth are clearly trying to break into the big Pop Mainstream.... Can't wait to hear "Or" in car commercials...
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 02:49 PM   #84
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
"Fuck me Santa, fuck me Santa, fuck me Santa." Bad Santa is an awesomely bad movie.

"What's with you and fixing fucking sandwiches?"

Old 05.10.2006, 03:21 PM   #85
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
Its obvious they did it for Coco...... some of you people are so paranoid thinking its a publicity stunt. Yo La Tengo was also on there so now they are also trying to get on MTV. Give me a fukin break.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 03:32 PM   #86
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Maybe the band needs to get back in touch with their roots. I think they've been popular too long. They dont know what it's like to be a struggling group of nobodies.

Yeah, Sonic Youth is really popular. If you combine all of the records they've sold I think it's almost platinum! I'm sure this anonymous cameo on Gilmore Girls will only add to their immense popularity.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 03:38 PM   #87
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
wow, I can't beleive some of you were so suprised that it sucked.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 12:51 AM   #88
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I should have foreseen that the whole SY appearance on Gilmore Giorls was going to be lame. I mean, come on! It's Gilmore Girls. The show has never been any good. It's one of the worst tv shows on prime time. It's a real travesty that SY even considered doing the show. I dont kbnow what has happened to the band lately. They create a substandard record and then appear on a really really shitty tv show for less than half a minute. Maybe the band needs to get back in touch with their roots. I think they've been popular too long. They dont know what it's like to be a struggling group of nobodies.

get back in touch with their roots?

RATHER RIPPED, a pop album?

man, I thought the new forum had a idiot filter too.
there's a bunch of people with too much time to waste down here.

the sentence "to be a struggling group of nobodies" makes no sense at all.
as someone stated already, you guys need your heads checked. badly.

long live the new album, long live SONIC YOUTH...
and all of you fucking "indiots" out there to "protect the scene", go get the middle finger.
Old 05.11.2006, 04:32 AM   #89
Sonic Goof
empty page

Sonic Goof has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
What song did they play? I missed it.
Sonic Goof is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 04:36 AM   #90
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Goof
What song did they play? I missed it.

They played part of What A Waste.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 10:13 AM   #91
Gainsbarre
little trouble girl

Gainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's assesGainsbarre kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. Some of you kats & kittens get worked up over nothing eh? Sure, the show itself fucking sucked (I knew there was a reason I never bothered to watch it, even after I heard there was "good music" on the show) but it was great to see stripped down Sparks, YLT & SY. Maybe some 14 yr-old Gilmore Girls fan will get their wig flipped and find out about some great music? What's the harm? OH NO! Somebody else might buy a SY record! That totally obscure band only I know about!

Please...
Gainsbarre is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 10:28 AM   #92
connie kreski
little trouble girl

connie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant futureconnie kreski has a brilliant future
i haven't seen it but who cares, it looks like they have fun...

connie kreski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 12:58 PM   #93
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze
Ummm... It didn't sound like they really promoted themselves with this appearance. Was their name mentioned on the show? Doesn't sound like it. Did they advertise the record? No. So what's the problem? And do you really think Rather Ripped is gonna sell more than their previous records... I mean like the single is totally overplayed, oh shit, they haven't released a single... or a television commercial, or wait an article in Rolling Stone, or anything... But yes, Sonic Youth are clearly trying to break into the big Pop Mainstream.... Can't wait to hear "Or" in car commercials...

eh, while i appreciate your free-kitten related username, and the irony dripping from your post, i can only say I HAVE NO IDEA what they did since i didn't watch this... thing... i don't know about singles or anything or anything... has it been officially released anyway? what can i say-- i'm not a worshipper, and i just dont give a shit...

(i'll be waiting for the next SYR however... )
Old 05.11.2006, 06:29 PM   #94
SubSonicPumpAction
little trouble girl

SubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's asses
that show is awesome
SubSonicPumpAction is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 07:20 PM   #95
ShermanLoper
little trouble girl

ShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's asses
cool this drama is still going on. I'm gonna wear my gilmore girls t-shirt to the saramento show for sure now.
ShermanLoper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 07:30 PM   #96
Santa's Monkey
little trouble girl

Santa's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
eh, while i appreciate your free-kitten related username, and the irony dripping from your post, i can only say I HAVE NO IDEA what they did since i didn't watch this... thing... i don't know about singles or anything or anything... has it been officially released anyway? what can i say-- i'm not a worshipper, and i just dont give a shit...

(i'll be waiting for the next SYR however... )

well, at least we have your non-informed opinion....
Santa's Monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:06 AM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa's Monkey
well, at least we have your non-informed opinion....

not so uninformed really. ive heard the tracks that are being streamed on the website-- no leaks for me. and my reaction is "meh". if i'm not interested in the music, i have no reason to seek the hype.

(i've been listening a lot to ATL lately though--- now that album has kept my attention for years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanLoper
cool this drama is still going on. I'm gonna wear my gilmore girls t-shirt to the saramento show for sure now.

hee hee. now that i respect.
Old 05.12.2006, 04:39 PM   #98
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
what a waste.... of time!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth