Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SONIC MIX-TAPE Vol.5
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2006, 03:16 PM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
first of all, all i was saying is that posting stuff sy, for whatever the reasons, don't want us to post is not cool. this place has a lot of freedom, there are no moderators, we can upload bootlegs (sy and non-sy), stuff like that. they ask us very few things from us, i think that's fair.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 03:18 PM   #22
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ok, back to subject. kinda dissappointing mixtape. no rehearsal sessions or anything unavailable but at least the side b of the ep cassette is here. i had that for years and some fucknut nicked it from me at a party about 10 years ago. its really good in a perverse nonsenseical way
Old 05.09.2006, 03:21 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
all i told you was not to brag about it, if someone asks for past mixtapes, send a private message and make arrangements that way.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 03:29 PM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Worst mix tape ever. It's the thought that counts though
Old 05.09.2006, 07:44 PM   #25
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
bit disappointed by this mixtape compare previous ones. maybe i was expecting something more rare (rehearsals or never released b4) than 1st. ep backwards. but still, good.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2006, 06:37 PM   #26
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
this thread was more exciting than the new mixtape. they set a precedent for solid gold mixtapes with the first 3, especially the third, and the last 2 have been kinda weak (and by 'weak' i refer only to the collection of songs in terms of a 'rare/unreleased' vs 'readily available' sense, not the quality of the songs themselves---i'd just rather hear the rumored unearthed demos of 'blues blur' and 'kat n hat' than tracks on records i already own). i see this one in particular as being very promotional, heavily representing the new LP and the recent reissues, which is awesome (and all great fuckin tunes, 'reena'! 'cherry'! 'destroyer'! 'g-force'! 'incinerate'! 'rapture'! -- hot shit, but nothing i don't already own. plus, the album is streaming in its entirety!

so, uh, my verdict -- great songs, but a letdown as a 'collection of grab bag sy tunes generously offered for free every 6 months'.

and shit -- 1, 2, and 3 were a hotbed of sick unreleased sonic slash, and it's unfortunate they don't archive them. and i know people know how to save em, and do trade em, and -- well, all i can say is, when there's an explicit disclaimer from the site's maintainer (also speaking for the band) specifically requesting not to openly trade the retired mixtapes, even though i'm sure you mean well (it IS amazing stuff, for the most part), bottom line is -- do what you're gonna do, but don't deny that you're being a douchebag and deliberately ignoring one of the very few limitations imposed on this site by the people who created the music.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth