Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2015, 02:48 AM   #18481
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
The Hills Have Eyes 2006 and for some reason it scared me like a movie hasn't in yeArs yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2015, 03:22 AM   #18482
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
The Kid with the Bike is an AMAZING film. And so is the next film they made, Three Days Two Nights.

Saw Wild last night and Foxcatcher on Monday, both 9/10s
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2015, 07:20 AM   #18483
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
things might look different when i rewatch this but i recall the sex scene being one of the funniest things ever

--

anyway i saw

THE BITTER TEARS OF PETRA VON KANT (Fassbinder, 1972). So fucking great. Yes it's a filmed play. Everything happens in one room. And it looks fantastic-- the room, the camera moves, the costumes, the mask-like faces, everything. Also great dialogue.

i wonder if it was autobiographical.

One of my very fave films. It's obviously a retake on All About Eve but I'm not sure if it's autobiographical. Although it does reflect the power-relations Fassbinder was prone to. Either way, fantastic film.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2015, 08:49 AM   #18484
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
The Kid with the Bike is an AMAZING film.

yes! yes it is. evollove needs to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
And so is the next film they made, Three Days Two Nights.

i haven't seen that yet --2 days 1 night--- not yet on disc here. but i'm now a fan of those guys. will check out "the son" when i get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
One of my very fave films. It's obviously a retake on All About Eve but I'm not sure if it's autobiographical. Although it does reflect the power-relations Fassbinder was prone to. Either way, fantastic film.

yes i didn't mean autobiographical in the narrative sense (i was aware of that imprecision when i wrote but i couldn't address it) but rather wondered if it reflected a lot of his background and the nature of his relationships.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2015, 09:07 PM   #18485
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Believe it or not this was actually REALLY FUCKING GOOD.. the CGI was a bit much but it more or less worked.. I liked how the plot was different than the original Godzilla movies, it was still a morality play about the dangers of nuclear technology but in an entirely different way than the originals..

the production was great, the acting not so bad, and the premise interesting.

I also watched..

The Cell which was also really good accept for the total shit casting. I mean, really, it was like the 2000 Ravens with Trent Dilfer.. the plot and imagery was entertaining enough to overcome the terrible cast. Dilfer was a "game managing" QB who really sucked but Ravens defense was all-time good so they won the Superbowl. This movie was similar, what was good about it was good enough to overcome its terrible cast. This was that Vince Vaughn limbo before he was officially type casted as a party animal (and rightfully so, as a "serious" actor the guy is total shite)

Old 01.31.2015, 05:09 PM   #18486
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dark Skies.. i dare say the Paranomal Activity series finally found a real niche.. aliens can be so much scarier than ghosts.. and the production/acting was much improved

I also watched Alex Cross in some delirious fever haze but i don't know why? Must have been this flu

Old 02.04.2015, 09:58 AM   #18487
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

On the Netflix. I laughed and laughed. Nothing spectacular, but funny to me. Like a modern version of Spies Like Us in a way.
Old 02.04.2015, 04:25 PM   #18488
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
2015 so far

Foxcatcher - 9/10, truly disturbing
Wild 8.5/10
Inherent Vice 8/10
Wood Job! - 11/10, best feel good film I've seen in years.

Hoping to see Ex Machina and A Most Violent Year soon.
Old 02.04.2015, 04:35 PM   #18489
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I see you made it through Inherent Vice. I almost flung a shit at the movie screen ....
Old 02.06.2015, 02:29 AM   #18490
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

I liked it, maybe 8/10 is a bit generous though
Old 02.07.2015, 11:08 AM   #18491
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Shanghai Express

Been watching this on repeat for a few weeks now. The story's as silly as it gets but the only reason ever to watch a Marlene Dietrich film is to watch Marlene Dietrich being Marlene Dietrich.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2015, 08:04 PM   #18492
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
november man

pierce brosnan runs around making a mess and ends up defying the good sense of the cia and stopping them from owning the future russian president as a controllable and blackmailable asset. given the state of russia this is a dick move on brosnans part who apparently just likes the rough and tumble chaos of spy life and is too much of a smug individualist to see sense. did not appreciate such reckless disregard for US geopolitical strategy on the part of mr brosnan. neither is it good that pooty poot is apparently free to run again in this universe. you know brosnans a civilized renaissance man because he listens to satie and runs off to form a new nuclear family, yet russia has to suffer another kremlin stooge in power because of this. also tedious stuff about girl getting sexed up to go get her murderous revenge on abuser. 5/10
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2015, 10:37 PM   #18493
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
You're correct, but the navy had conventional submarines, modeled after the Japanese I-400 class, capable of launching jet-powered cruise missiles (Regulus I).

Sorry for my delay in replying, but I've been massively distracted of late, and this is my first post to SYG since the post to which you replied.
Isn't the problem with pre nuclear subs and ships is a lack of range? Also welcome back, we missed ya

Old 02.08.2015, 08:44 AM   #18494
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

A Most Violent Year, 7/10. Enjoyed the first 3/4 of the film a lot more than the last 30 mins
Old 02.08.2015, 05:15 PM   #18495
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
within range (500nm)

that's really really really really really really really really close!

i see yr 50 nm and raise you 50Å
Old 02.08.2015, 10:21 PM   #18496
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I watched the one I love with mark duplass and elisabeth moss cause i have a big ol crush on both of em
Old 02.09.2015, 09:26 AM   #18497
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

packed to the gills with extra doo doo, but enjoyable. 7/10
Old 02.09.2015, 09:28 AM   #18498
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

packed to the gills with extra doo doo, but enjoyable. 7/10

yes, yes! exactly! del toro stands for great bullshit.
Old 02.09.2015, 09:58 AM   #18499
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Thanks, I missed you guys, too.

The first submarines converted to carry Regulus were two WWII Gato/Balao class ships with I-400-type submersible hangars, with range sufficient for extended patrol off the coast of Japan from bases in Hawaii or Australia, so they certainly had range to reach and loiter in areas which placed targets in the USSR within range (500nm) of Regulus.
True but what about refueling issues.. either way nuclear subs were in place in short time after.. i just thought from a historical perspective the program pointed how history is not as rigidly linear as it always looks in hindsight.. the military was working on those planes since the nuclear subs weren't envisioned to be ready nearly as fast as they were.. folks invested a lot of time and money into what was essentially unnecessary but they couldn't know it.

Old 02.09.2015, 10:03 AM   #18500
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes, yes! exactly! del toro stands for great bullshit.
I think guy fell off the wagon myself

825875915922923924 925 9269279289359751025 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth