Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page DC Rollcall
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Unoriginal, I know. Who's going to which show(s)? Please don't mention Friday.
kthxbye
Old 06.13.2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Mote
empty page

Mote has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i'll be there at the early show! Drivin' in all the way from pittsburgh.

do you guys think it'll be worth getting tickets to the later show as well?
will their setlist be different enough to fork out the extra cash? I'm comin' in from out of town, so I definitely want to get the most sonic youth that I can (but the later show will probably end really late too, so maybe i'll just stick to one...we'll see).
Mote is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:40 PM   #3
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote
i'll be there at the early show! Drivin' in all the way from pittsburgh.

do you guys think it'll be worth getting tickets to the later show as well?
will their setlist be different enough to fork out the extra cash? I'm comin' in from out of town, so I definitely want to get the most sonic youth that I can (but the later show will probably end really late too, so maybe i'll just stick to one...we'll see).
They usually play like half or so of the first set on the later set, mostly the new material so the RR stuff. Look at the concert archive (http://www.sonicyouth.com/history/con-set.html) for reference though, they did some double sets in 2004 and 2005.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 10:35 PM   #4
Mote
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
They usually play like half or so of the first set on the later set, mostly the new material so the RR stuff. Look at the concert archive (http://www.sonicyouth.com/history/con-set.html) for reference though, they did some double sets in 2004 and 2005.

sweet, that's what i figured.
thanks.....can't wait for the show!!!
Old 06.13.2006, 11:40 PM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
As of now I'm just going to the early show.
Old 06.14.2006, 12:20 AM   #6
hambu hodo
little trouble girl

hambu hodo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
sorry, i have to mention friday. anyone else going to the xm taping?

also, anyone here from baltimore, are you in any local bands? im trying to figure out if i know anyone here. baltimore represent!
Old 06.14.2006, 12:23 AM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not in any bands in Baltimore.....I moved away a few months ago and I'm trying to get back down there or DC. I won't be in DC Fri. which sucks.
Old 06.14.2006, 06:46 AM   #8
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
pantophobia and myself will be at both dc shows and the friday radio taping. and i say that very humbly.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 01:54 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

You guys going to Philly tonight too, right? Have fun!
Old 06.14.2006, 05:37 PM   #10
whardy
empty page

whardy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm taking the train to D.C. from Baltimore with my girlfriend for the early show tomorrow. Good to hear the late show is going to be broadcast on NPR so I know I won't miss too much if the sets are drastically different.
whardy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:39 PM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

Yeah somebody please tape the second show on NPR....I suck with computers!!!
Old 06.14.2006, 09:18 PM   #12
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Give me the time and details (website?). I'll set it to auto-record, as I'll be at the first show.
Old 06.14.2006, 09:27 PM   #13
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote
sweet, that's what i figured.
thanks.....can't wait for the show!!!

Mote what part of Pittsburgh are you from?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 09:36 PM   #14
whardy
empty page

whardy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
Give me the time and details (website?). I'll set it to auto-record, as I'll be at the first show.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5480397
whardy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 09:41 PM   #15
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Eearrrrrrly show.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:34 PM   #16
Mote
empty page

i'm out towards the airport, but am usually hanging around the pittsburgh/oakland area.
Old 06.14.2006, 11:20 PM   #17
JRPaperstacks
little trouble girl

JRPaperstacks has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i'll be at the early show
JRPaperstacks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 09:43 AM   #18
Marilyn Moore
empty page

Marilyn Moore has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'll be driving to DC from Syracuse to be at the XM taping tomorrow.
Marilyn Moore is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:21 AM   #19
yreyesrmine
empty page

yreyesrmine is a jewel in the roughyreyesrmine is a jewel in the roughyreyesrmine is a jewel in the roughyreyesrmine is a jewel in the rough
I'm flying down to DC from Boston for the XM taping, meeting up with a friend from NYC who is also going...
yreyesrmine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 10:39 AM   #20
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
im goin to the late show (wich noone seems to be going to) whats this xm taping?
charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth