Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Some shit about Morrissey
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2020, 09:10 AM   #21
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
The other month I found a song I'd previously not heard and quickly became enamoured fanboy yet again.

All hail all intellectal's dream boat wankerist J Maher on guitar, yu bastid;

https://youtu.be/P9F6bMe5JH4
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2020, 08:56 PM   #22
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
The other month I found a song I'd previously not heard and quickly became enamoured fanboy yet again.

All hail all intellectal's dream boat wankerist J Maher on guitar, yu bastid;

https://youtu.be/P9F6bMe5JH4

"Wonderful Woman" was on the B-side (along with "Accept Yourself") of 1983's "This Charming Man" 12". In 2008 it was included in the deluxe edish of The Sound Of The Smiths. But if I'm not mistaken, most of the Troy Tate outtakes (only some of them "demos"; see here) remain officially unavailable. Dammit!

Incidentally, here's a bit from Simon Reynolds' Totally Wired: Postpunk Interviews And Overviews for ya:

Quote:
SR: Is it true that you're the subject of 'Wonderful Woman', that great lost early Smiths B-side?

Linder Sterling: There's various rumours. So who knows? I don't. I do know 'What Do I Get?' was written about me. Because Pete Shelley told me so.

On the matter of breaking up with a Smiths fan... I did have a relationship with a girl who was obsessed with all thing Morrissey (this was pre-For Britain era, thank goodness), and it ended horribly wrong. But as time went by I realized she didn't really understand the essence of any of it. I should have ended it way before it blew the fuck up.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2020, 06:59 AM   #23
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I'm drinking and hence i'm back: in order to handle this forum this is going to be my prerequisite from now on. Drink & smoke (if I can nab some green) prior to and during discourse. Like it's SYG 2005 era and i'm working in a factory and getting wrecked every weekend consequently make crunk as fuck lo-fi bliss. Anyway, that's some long reading you posted there which requires non drink & smoke partaking so i'll have to save it for a bad day innit.

I think Jeane was the only other tune that I had not heard. Listening to it now and it's fucking me up, royally.

I got black out drunk the other day and was talking to my new partner about my ex and she was like 'why do you miss your ex so much?' to which I retorted through tears streaming down my face 'SHE LIKED THE SMITHS!!' and I miss her. I think. She is Arabic and Morrissey's right-wing leanings did not faze her one bit, such is her manic undying love for all things miserable. Great lass!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth