Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Moore & Co. at Meltdown
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2013, 05:41 AM   #1
Mudflap
empty page

Mudflap has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hello, first time poster, long time Sonic rocker. Together with John Butcher, John Edwards and Steve Noble, Moore whipped up a beautiful and often blistering storm for the Purcell Room last night. Seemed a perfect 'palate-cleanser' after the richness of Neil Young & Crazy Horse two nights before.

Unfortunately the mix was odd, seemingly laid out according to the group's position, thus sitting at the front stage right, I found myself being blasted by the reeds and unable to hear the guitar at all. Luckily there was a vacant seat in front of the guitar position, so I jumped at it.

Now, I hate people videoing concerts, they'll be shit when they look at them in the morning and live music is best experienced with your eyes, ears and brain. However I couldn't resist, mea culpa, so here's a brief extract of a compelling performance. I've changed the music out of respect for the performers, but maybe it says something about how Live Music can get lost in translation. It's meant with affection anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8UNti5zVjA

If Thurston wants the memory card with the longer bits on and original sound, he's more than welcome!
Mudflap is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2013, 06:09 AM   #2
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Hi, I saw yr video this morning... I wasn't expecting that music though!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Mudflap
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Hi, I saw yr video this morning... I wasn't expecting that music though!

Yes, a bit silly I know, but I didn't want to upload the music without any of the performers' blessing and besides, Live Improv is one of those things best experienced in the moment - I reckon at least (I do have many improv records by Moore, Benink, AMM, Derek Bailey etc. etc. but I must admit I only tend to play them once a year at most, very loud!)
Old 06.23.2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Mudflap
empty page

Oh, quite a few views already, I hope people get the joke and don't think 'twat'.

I've made a 14 minute film of the footage with the proper sound, am awaiting TM's permission/blessing to publicise it....

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth