Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.30.2017, 04:22 PM   #2581
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Democratic senator Joe fuckin' Manchin, whoever he is, is down with the Gorshit:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....1._U6CO6mf2Bk

Asshole.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2017, 04:49 PM   #2582
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Joe's Munchin!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2017, 07:08 PM   #2583
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Michael Flynn Asked For Immunity In Exchange For Testifying On Trump's Russia Ties
According to the report, Flynn made the offer to the FBI, the House intelligence committee and the Senate intelligence committee.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 03.30.2017, 07:59 PM   #2584
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Jeff Sessions is the lawful Secretary of State, as an election of Congress had taken place just before he was appointed. Besides, I'm not certain of which Congress last raised cabinet pay, but I know the last one Hillary sat in did.

Uh. What?

Jeff Sessions is the Attorney General. Rex "I didn't ask for this" Tillerson is the Secretary of State.

I'm not sure we should even read your posts anymore.

You're this thread's very own little "paid protester." If such things exist, you be one son.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2017, 08:00 PM   #2585
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Wow.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03.30.2017, 08:33 PM   #2586
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The initial report came from The Wall Street Journal, so obviously no "liberal bias" there.

Old 03.31.2017, 09:43 AM   #2587
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
The initial report came from The Wall Street Journal, so obviously no "liberal bias" there.

Oh of course, of course... yes. We need to be very, very wary of the media ("Or the fake media as I often call it," Trump says, in a super classy and super subtly self-congratulatory way, as he's speaking to the fucking media), because, y'know, that crazy media exists only to prop up the left...

... Right?
Old 03.31.2017, 09:50 AM   #2588
Severian
invito al cielo

I have to admit though... as someone who works in "the media," and painstakingly weighs out the content of opinion pages to make sure that they reflect both sides of an issue at pretty much all times, I am growing VERY tired of the non-stop editorializing that a lot of national publications and TV news channels are engaging in, and have been engaging in throughout the primaries and the general.

Not only is it unprincipled bullshit to load up your "news" feeds with editorials that all align with a partisan perspective (looking at you, Newsweek), it's also just providing more fodder to the right, and the folks who insist that the media is not to be trusted.

You can't beat the right when it comes to smearing and editorializing. You just can't. They're better at it. So don't engage. Or, as Pelley learned on 60 Minutes, they will beat your ass at a game they've perfected. You can have all the facts in the world on your side, but it doesn't matter. Not today. So I would urge the national pubs to report facts objectively and without "slant" of any kind.

And knock it off with the Opinion pieces for fuck's sake!
Old 03.31.2017, 10:08 AM   #2589
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Does Nunes work for Trump? One guy thinks so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzbdcM0fbuc
Old 04.01.2017, 02:14 PM   #2590
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Sinclair Broadcast Group (big TV station owner)173 TELEVISION STATIONS 514 CHANNELS 81 US MARKETS, mostly swing states in deal with Trump and Kushner for biased pro Trump anti-immigrant coverage)

check for your TV news at http://sbgi.net/tv-channels/

they own 2 network stations in my little town, local CBS and NBC affiliates and a total of 18 stations here. They "share" stories across their various platforms, so you will get the same fiction across multiple air, cable, radio and broadcast stations.

Look for anti immigrant reports by Leandra Bernstein (for example). Quotes Federation for Immigration Reform and the Center for Immigration Studies, both anti-immigrant hate groups, without mentioning that these sources are biased.

https://www.splcenter.org/20090201/n...es-intolerance

see also

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.36b18fd77775

and

https://www.thenation.com/article/th...s-all-at-risk/
Old 04.02.2017, 06:57 PM   #2591
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From The Washington Post:

A Solar Saudi Arabia

Good luck over there with the coal, suckaaaas!

Old 04.03.2017, 05:43 PM   #2592
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Sinclair Broadcast Group (big TV station owner)173 TELEVISION STATIONS 514 CHANNELS 81 US MARKETS, mostly swing states in deal with Trump and Kushner for biased pro Trump anti-immigrant coverage)

ironically it was Bill Clinton who signed the 1996 Telecom bill that opened the way for the Sinclairs of the country to aggregate their little mind control empires.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2017, 06:18 PM   #2593
ilduclo
invito al cielo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w7ENxNjO4E
Old 04.06.2017, 11:31 AM   #2594
ilduclo
invito al cielo

famous HR's

HR Geiger

HR Puffenstuff

Catbert

General "HR" McMaster

Old 04.06.2017, 07:23 PM   #2595
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
General "HR" McMaster

Clearly there's a war between the Bannons and the McMasters. Where do the Pillagin' Putinlovin' Kushners fit? Fuck 'em all.

Old 04.06.2017, 07:31 PM   #2596
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

What Good Are The Arts?

by David Byrne

04/03/2017

The Trump administration and their Republican allies hope to eliminate funding for a number of federal arts organizations. This is a political move—it really doesn’t amount to much money—it's a tiny part of the federal budget. The amount of federal funding is $741 million, which sounds like a lot, but is less than one-tenth of 1 percent of the United States' annual federal spending, an amount supporters say is too small to make a difference in the budget if it was cut. On a budget pie chart it doesn't even show up, it's too small.

Q: What does that "investment" get us as a nation?—A: It gets multiplied more than 100 times= $135.2 BILLION.

The arts are considered superfluous by many and fluffy and indulgent by others—plays and projects that appear ridiculous are often held up as examples of "look where your tax dollars are going". The arts are often viewed as the provenance of the elites—"Why should we be paying for the silly amusements of other people? Stuff we have no interest in?"

Well, my argument to those skeptics has nothing to do with the quality of the artworks—I might actually agree that some of it is indulgent and silly, but I would argue that there is undeniable and indisputable monetary and social value to the nation as a whole in the publicly funded arts. It is by far one of the best investments the government can make, and here's why.

A recent study called Arts and Economic Prosperity found that nationally the non-profit arts (we're not talking about Broadway shows, pop concerts, video games, movies or the art world) generates $135.2 BILLION in economic activity in the US.

If one includes other kinds of for-profit arts organizations, the number jumps up, way up:

In 2013, the production of arts and cultural goods added more than $704 billion to the U.S. economy. This amounts to 4.23% of GDP. The arts and cultural sector contribute more to the national economy than do the construction, agriculture, mining, utilities, and travel and tourism sectors.

Here is a graphic with a similar number.

There's a halo effect as well. The real estate value of homes and businesses increases significantly around cultural centers. Developers and real estate investors understand this. An arts or cultural center increases the value of their nearby properties. Businesses—restaurants, cafes, shops—around cultural centers do better when there is an arts center close to their business. The value of real estate around culture goes up.

These effects are not just in big cities and mainly for the elites that live in them—this funding goes to small organizations across the country—in thousands of small towns and communities. To both red and blue states—they all benefit.

And that's not all—the arts also have positive effects on health, safety, education... and their presence lowers the crime and child abuse rate—all at bargain rates!

A study released this month by researchers from the School of Social Policy & Practice at the University of Pennsylvania has revealed a quantitative relationship between the presence of cultural resources in a neighborhood and key aspects of social wellbeing, particularly in underserved neighborhoods. In New York City, the relative higher presence of cultural resources in lower-income neighborhoods is linked with serious health, safety, and education benefits. These include a 14% decrease in indicted investigations of child abuse and neglect, an 18% decrease in felony crime rate and also a 17-18% increase in the number of students scoring at the highest level on standardized Math and English tests. Other ways of making these improvements in our communities are much more expensive—and often not as effective.

One can argue that placing these kinds of metrics on the arts is unfair—not everything that makes money is good and some of the best and most influential works fail or were badly received when they were made. True.

But even so... why in the world would one want to walk away from such an incredible investment? It's probably the best investment the government makes—as far as a means of generating jobs, growth and social good... surely the businessmen and women in our government can see this and get beyond making silly political points at the expense of the nation, its economy and people.

David Byrne

NYC

Old 04.06.2017, 09:23 PM   #2597
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
From the general lack of reaction to my posts, it appears that noone is reading them anyways. But as far as my being a "paid protestor", allow me to put paid to that notion by indicating my opposition to "Trumpcare", as well as my support for Senator Sanders' "Medicare for All" legislative proposal, together with my suggestion that President Trump take him up on his dare to support the same, as a way of establishing his independence from the very Republican establishment that I'd hoped his victorious Presidential campaign had largely smashed.

I was totally flabbergasted when I saw that, Robert, I mean, jeez, this is the sonic youth board, we do demand the highest standards of grammar and punctuation. It's good it is all resolved between you and the sensitive severen.

how many insults did severen manage to combine into one paragraph? you never know what is going to trigger some of these types. it does kinda read like trainee work however.

the patriots seem to think the neocons have taken over through young kushner and the NSC. Everyone on the staff seems to be a Goldman Sachs alumni. severan and the nazi can cheer, they're gonna get their war.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2017, 04:08 AM   #2598
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well. it appears they have taken over and it appears they have their war. President Trump was smart enough to deduce that the telephoned bomb threats against the Jewish institution were false flags, but now he allows himself to be tricked into an attack against a sovereign state without a declaration of war by a possible false flag attack without full investigation?

This is my red line. Trump's turned into a "normal" Republican, and his presidency has thrown away its revolutionary potential.

And the hypocritical Hillaryites, led by George Soros, are blasting him for it even though he's doing exactly what Hillary's backers (led by George Soros!) had tasked her with.

Quote:
“I really believe we should have and still should take out his airfields and prevent him from being able to bomb innocent people and drop sarin gas on them,” said Clinton.

Clinton said this yesterday so you saying she was blasting him is bollocks.

And did you actually, honestly believe Trump was gonna bring about a revolution? I mean at what point did you think "yeah, he's clearly a man of his word and will help bring about change"? Surely it wasn't his obsession with a good slogan like "drain the swamp" that did it?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2017, 07:26 AM   #2599
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes. At first, it looked as though he was going to follow through, then not so much, now he's betrayed us.
and there goes another stiffed contractor / stiffed investor / trump u student
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2017, 07:50 AM   #2600
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
this is bad. that fucker launched missiles at syrian military base, even before proper independent investigation. during his campaign he frequently spoke out against meddling in syria. just words, nothing has changed. this choice is no choice! business as usual...

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
80120127128129 130 131132133140180230 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth