Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Funhouse.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2006, 05:21 PM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i found one of those apple computers from 1977. i made a robot out of it.

that's so awesome.

and of the stooges official albums, the only one i think is not as good is the first one because it drags a little towards the end and you know john cale and the label forced iggy to sound like mick jagger so the singing is very flat and not as wild. but saying "not as good" is saying that the other two are godlike and the first is archangellic. i love raw power and funhouse the same for different reasons, funhouse being crazier, noisier and like a sound all by itself and raw power because on that they could channel everything iggy and the stooges were into memorable songs.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 05:28 PM   #22
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Funhouse is my favorite LP. Not of all, but in my top 10. At first the S/t was all I needed for kicks, but once funhouse started to melt into me i love it. Raw power I haven't really gotten into yet though. I dunno, raw power sounds like it's name, but funhouse lives and breathes that name.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 10:57 PM   #23
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
that's so awesome.

i swear, people throw away the coolest/most useless shit.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth