Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.26.2018, 12:55 PM   #1581
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
good. she sings way better than the previous, in that she belts it out and is not afeared.

you having fun?

ps better recordings from spencer. worth it. rinse, repeat

ps i also like the home demos for the geetar
the trippy one is good too i like

hmmmm. hmmmmm.

wondering now which one i prefer.

maybe the trippy mix wins for me? yeah.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2018, 07:53 PM   #1582
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for listening. I feel really fortunate with this group.

Josee is a remarkably talented singer, purely on a technical level. Even if someone didn't like her voice (and I don't know who that would be), her ability to do just about anything with her vocal chords is impressive.

And Spencer the engineer is her boyfriend! What luck.

Interesting note: they are both in their early 20s and know nothing of rock history. I'll sometimes reference something really famous--a Beatles song, say--and neither has ever heard it. Nor do they consider this a problem. They couldn't care less.

I guess there have always been musicians who haven't cared much about the past, but this generation seems especially willfully ignorant of the tradition they are participating in. Oddly, this doesn't really add up to strikingly original material. I try not to judge, but their total lack of interest in the past is simply odd to me.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2018, 08:32 PM   #1583
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh thats funny

maybe you can form a 2nd band with knowledgeable geezers, to balance

find someone who played with arlo guthrie or something
Old 11.27.2018, 09:34 AM   #1584
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Philosophical question: does it matter?

Does a filmmaker have to have seen Citizen Kane to make a good film?

Should a painter be familiar with art history?

I can't actually hear any difference between the music of someone steeped in music history versus someone who doesn't care. Just rubs me the wrong way, although I can't articulate why.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2018, 09:43 AM   #1585
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

once read a bit of roger scruton on music (the aesthetics of music, 1997) who says that you enjoy music more if you know music. he was writing about classical music and referring to musical structures and quotations only visible to those trained in the language. how one composer borrows from another, etc.

so, if what he says is true, and i’m missing out on many winks and jokes, even though i can hear the same motifs in fidelio or the ruins of athens and all over beethoven, but i can’t tell you what they are or how to write them, then i’d say yes, knowledge opens up more dimensions, it lets you hear an ongoing conversation between composers (and you can hear them talking to themselves).

is it the same to hear the pixies here comes your man without having ever heard a hard day’s night? it’s sure different. which one is better?
Old 12.09.2018, 11:26 AM   #1586
Diesel
children of satan

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Been writing some Christmas Pop songs this weekend: If anyone wants to ruin what's left of their weekend then be my guest and have a gander at this crimbo special https://soundcloud.com/uncouthuk/trent Flots get's a shout somewhere..
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2018, 11:56 AM   #1587
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Philosophical question: does it matter?

Does a filmmaker have to have seen Citizen Kane to make a good film?

While I still maintain that Citizen Kane sucks balls despite its historic significance, I do feel its fundamental to at least familiarize yourself with film history in order to truly understand the art form. Whether or not that expands over to music, idk.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2018, 12:07 PM   #1588
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
While I still maintain that Citizen Kane sucks balls

nooooooo

no it doesn’t....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I do feel its fundamental to at least familiarize yourself with film history in order to truly understand the art form. Whether or not that expands over to music, idk.
tldr if you feel like the history of art is a conversation, then hell the fuck yes

https://youtu.be/3yEvicsX7F8

https://youtu.be/EOrMg3pY7hw

https://youtu.be/COGcCBJAC6I

(i think he dug)
Old 12.11.2018, 04:31 PM   #1589
Diesel
children of satan

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
A third SY gossip tribute album you say? prepared.. https://soundcloud.com/uncouthuk/crafty
Old 12.19.2018, 07:49 AM   #1590
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Started a synthwave project with a friend recently. Still embryonic but it's looking promising and it's fun to try something involving elements of music I've always listened to but never actually played much myself.

https://instagram.com/magentavice
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2018, 09:00 AM   #1591
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Started a synthwave project with a friend recently. Still embryonic but it's looking promising and it's fun to try something involving elements of music I've always listened to but never actually played much myself.

https://instagram.com/magentavice

wassup axel f?

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2018, 01:56 PM   #1592
Diesel
children of satan

^looking forward to that!

I somehow broke the month long alcohol abstinence today via a lovely can of Snake Dog (what the feck is this shit?!), so naturally I wrote a song about it. It's a big deal I guess..https://soundcloud.com/uncouthuk/snake-dog I haven't a clue how this sounds on anything other than cheap Samsung headphones and for all i know it sounds utterly redundant..
Old 12.29.2018, 12:57 AM   #1593
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Comets Ov Cupid last Saturday.

https://youtu.be/v8KPfrvQ2_I
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2018, 07:14 PM   #1594
d.sound
children of satan

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
I have a new 10" split picturedisc with Blood Noize on fireisfree. Y'all would like them more than my stuff. They're like early Nirvana basement shows.

https://fireisfree.bandcamp.com/albu...live-2012-2018

http://seatone.bandcamp.com
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2018, 05:02 AM   #1595
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
https://hollow-giant.bandcamp.com/al...hing-else-2016

https://hollow-giant.bandcamp.com/al...-disaster-2018

hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2018, 09:23 PM   #1596
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty Girls Make Graves- The New Romance

I love this! It makes me so happy.
Old 12.30.2018, 09:31 PM   #1597
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
As I said last time, I don't have a band. I write songs though.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2018, 10:59 PM   #1598
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
lol I posted in the wrong thread!
Old 12.30.2018, 11:32 PM   #1599
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
lol I posted in the wrong thread!

I figured XD
I didn't want to be rude though
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2019, 10:41 AM   #1600
Diesel
children of satan

Oh here he is; Mr big-dick-productions - bouncing it off the ferkin' walls. You got that 300 you borrowed from me dawg.
70777879 80 81 >
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth