Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page MAX/MSP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.26.2006, 11:41 PM   #1
MusicIsMySavior34
little trouble girl

MusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud of
does anyone know how to use this program? i just got the demo, im thinkin of buying it and i cant figure it out...but im dying to!
MusicIsMySavior34 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:08 AM   #2
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
don't buy it unless you have about 30 years to devote to learning the program. i've tried the trial version twice and it's always ended up with me ripping my hair out.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 12:12 PM   #3
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
i wouldn't use this program unless i 1. had some concrete musical knowledge 2. knew programming.

unless you are willing to invest a lot - a LOT - of time in 1. & 2. i dont think it's worth it.
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 12:40 PM   #4
zarathurston
empty page

zarathurston has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hi

you could just use pd ("puredata"), which is similar to MAX/MSP, only free (and slightly less pretty).

you can get it here: http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/index.htm

it's not that hard to learn - the download comes with a manual and example patches etc. that don't assume any prior knowledge or anything.
zarathurston is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 12:45 PM   #5
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
zarathurston would win hands down the "new board's nickname contest",if it existed...i still have no idea what this thread is about.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 06:24 AM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
It's a tough nut to crack, but great software to use for interactive stuff. If you're into video installations you should check:

www.brendandawes.com

He's an expert in MAX/MSP and he has ready to use patches/modules.
I downloaded the video delay patch and connected my video camera to my mac.
Delayed footage 4x4 screens realtime!
Just click on the downloads button on the left side of the homepage for more goodies.

Have fun.
Old 05.02.2006, 06:41 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Zarathurston does, as my props say, win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 09:36 AM   #8
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
there's a class at my school that teaches the program, so i think i'll take it next semester. then i can take over the world.

if you're still into the computer based sound programs, try ableton live for looping and other fun stuff, or plogue bidule (similar to Max/MSP but only for mac), or audiomulch (it uses different objects, too, but it's only for PC).

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth