Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page MPP===best album of all time
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2009, 03:59 PM   #261
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I must live in the hippest town ever. Though really all the cool kids live in Bloomington, one town over. I know a shit-ton of people who know and like AC and I certainly didn't get any of them into them except my girlfriend. Then again, I can name 5 people who love Cerberus Shoal in real life ...

then again, I can only name like 1 person who likes Sun City Girls. So, I dunno. Fuck it. Who cares.
Can I move to your town then?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:00 PM   #262
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Nice, uhler. I LOVE Florida. My favorite place in the world.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:01 PM   #263
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
we all love something that others think is crap. so what?

the merits of AC were not the issue, but their effect on MASS CONSCIOUSNESS, their "popularity" or lack thereof.
Haha I'm not sure that made sense, but I get what you're saying.

I think part of the problem is that "This band is shit" sounds like it's an absolute statement, when it never actually means more than "I personally think so." Unless pork is just throwing shit at the wall, in which case it's absolute.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:01 PM   #264
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Derek, I reccomend you move here. All kinds of people into cool films and music. IN REAL LIFE, again, I can name probably 15 people who know and enjoy the films of Takashi Miike. I think I take that shit for granted... I have 2 or 3 friends who are really awesome and have great tastes... I should cherish that more.

Old 01.08.2009, 04:02 PM   #265
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Nice, uhler. I LOVE Florida. My favorite place in the world.

it's nice in some ways. i like gainesville and st. petersburg. actually the clearwater/dunedin area is not so bad. the rest is either really boring or just plain shithole. but i think most of the south is like that.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:03 PM   #266
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
just be sure you don't dismiss some good stuff because it doesn't sound like it falls in the parameters of your taste. I can speak to that from experience... I also used to dismiss stuff because it was written about in tons of magazines... I'm not saying that you do, but the phrase I bolded in your post makes me think there's a possibility

And why would that be, may I ask? I've known AC ever since they started puttting records out, checked them out at intermittent intervals to see if there was something they were playing I liked, and came to the conclusion that I have no time for them because, well, I think they're a shit band.

Besides, even if the case was that I was missing something, another 20 bands keep my ears enganged ensuring that I don't ever need to listen to them, anyway. And I did make up my mind about them by deciding they're a shit band. Shit, you know, like shit.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:03 PM   #267
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Derek, I reccomend you move here. All kinds of people into cool films and music. IN REAL LIFE, again, I can name probably 15 people who know and enjoy the films of Takashi Miike. I think I take that shit for granted... I have 2 or 3 friends who are really awesome and have great tastes... I should cherish that more.

yeah you happen to live in a lucky spot. i can't even name 15 people in williamsburg that like miike films.
Old 01.08.2009, 04:05 PM   #268
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I'm lucky. I dunno what it is. I guess because I'm surrounded by 3 art schools and shit.

...........Clearwater is awesome though. I'm thinking of moving to Florida one day, actually.

Old 01.08.2009, 04:05 PM   #269
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
haha I don't know anyone who likes Miike films. I usually recommend stuff to my friends but you know, they just don't care.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:06 PM   #270
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Anyway, this thread is fucking INSANE.

Wait another month or two before someone posts the "so what do you think of merriweather post pavillion?" thread.

Old 01.08.2009, 04:06 PM   #271
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
And why would that be, may I ask? I've known AC ever since they started puttting records out, checked them out at intermittent intervals to see if there was something they were playing I liked, and came to the conclusion that I have no time for them because, well, I think they're a shit band.

Besides, even if the case was that I was missing something, another 20 bands keep my ears enganged ensuring that I don't ever need to listen to them, anyway. And I did make up my mind about them by deciding they're a shit band. Shit, you know, like shit.

because people have a tendency to put blinders on their ears after they think they've discovered their "taste"... I do it too, to weed out terrible music, but if enough people with good taste are talking about a record, I usually give it more than one chance and/or will at least consider their future releases instead of just labeling them as shit and disregarding all of their future output

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:06 PM   #272
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
"We think MPP talks too much."
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:09 PM   #273
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm lucky. I dunno what it is. I guess because I'm surrounded by 3 art schools and shit.

...........Clearwater is awesome though. I'm thinking of moving to Florida one day, actually.

where do you go to see shows Adam? the thing about Florida is that most good bands don't make the trip down there.
also, you are very lucky... SCAD is one of the largest art schools in the country and yet I never find people with good taste here. it might be because a lot of them are foreigners

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:11 PM   #274
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I usually go in Bloomington, it's this college town I live 15-20 minutes away from. Or Indianapolis. A LOT of bands completely skip Indiana when they tour. In fact, Animal Collective played here about 6 years ago and I missed them and I emailed them about 2 years ago to ask why they always skip here and they said because no one showed up to their first show here. I'm taking a guess way more people would show up now...

Old 01.08.2009, 04:12 PM   #275
uhler
invito al cielo

Quote:

i used to go to middle school in clearwater. my grandma lives in dunedin, which is the next town over. if you move to florida move to st. petersburg. that's the only spot i wouldn't ind moving back to.
Old 01.08.2009, 04:12 PM   #276
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
because people have a tendency to put blinders on their ears after they think they've discovered their "taste"... I do it too, to weed out terrible music, but if enough people with good taste are talking about a record, I usually give it more than one chance and/or will at least consider their future releases instead of just labeling them as shit and disregarding all of their future output
I see what you mean, that certainly happens, but it still doesn't change the fact that ultimately you the listener has the final word on what you really like listening to. Unless, of course, you can't make up your own mind for fear of feeling cut out, in which case you might as well jump off a tall building when someone tells you to.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:15 PM   #277
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still thinking of the other AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:21 PM   #278
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Before I click this, is that anal cunt?

Old 01.08.2009, 04:22 PM   #279
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

...yeah, it is.

That's my favorite song by them too!!!!

Old 01.08.2009, 04:24 PM   #280
uhler
invito al cielo

anal cunt>animal collective

(i'm not a big fan of anal cunt)
111213 14 151617 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth